Home

Battlefront Community Skills Competition

I was pondering the other day and thought heck, wouldn't it be sweet to have a competition that all Battlefront players, clan or solo, could participate in. So, I came up with the idea of a skills competition.

Now, This will either be a 32 player Double Elimination or a 64 Player Single Elimination Tournament (Depending on the number of hopefuls). Basically, the whole jist of this is that Anyone who wants to participate will say so here. If the demand is high enough we'll do a 64 player single elimination, if it's not quite so high we'll do an appropriate one. There are multiple skills challenges that will be for each round. Each skill challenge is small and not time consuming and therefore anyone, no matter how busy you are, can participate.

When everyone has signed up, I will create the bracket. For each round there is a time limit (Like 1 week). In that time you must contact your opponent and arrange a time and create a server to do the competition. If one player is not able to contact the other, I will make a decision from there.

Here are the skills competitions that will be in place so far. Obviously more are needed. Please give your suggestions and a small committee will pick the best ones.

Endor Speed Showdown: This is a speed competition. Each participant will be on the rebels and will get on a speeder bike in the south-base. A third person will judge who wins and will be ref. When the third person says go, both participants will race each other to the shield generator. The winner is the one who reaches the generator first as judged by the ref. If a participant crashes or dies, he must respawn at the south base and get on another speeder. Shooting at each other with the speeder bikes laser is allowed as is crashing into each other (Though I don't see a purpose for that). This is best of 3, so the winner must win 2 out of the 3 races to advance.

Freestyling in the Desert: Tatooine Dune Sea is the only map that has infantry, vehicles and aircraft. Therefore, it is the perfect setting for this round. The two participants must utilize their playing abilities to complete a challenging course faster than the other person. The course will involve all three elements. A third person will be referee and time each participant's trial. The exact course is to come.

Dueling in the sky: In Bespin Platforms Clone Wars, each participant will get in an aircraft ofd their choice and duel each other in the air. The first person to kill the other 6 times wins. There will be a neutral third person refereeing and making sure there is no spawn camping and that the participants start at a reasonable distance apart.

(Finals) Arena Showdown: In Yaving 4 Arena, the two partipants will face each other on the top of the arena. It is then a best of 3 duel. Plain and simple.

Sample Application is this

Name: Boran Chistanger

Clan or Solo: Clan (Shattered Legions)

Buddy: Falcon (I will try to pair up people in the first round by buddies, no guarantees though)

Current Applications

Boran Chistanger

Luke Katarn

Phire Storm

Falcon

Raxor

TAW_pinx

-Boran

I have some ideas.

Dark Trooper Jump Jet Race((DTJJR)): There will be two perticipents each round of the DTJJR, what it is is both contestents are Dark Troopers, and they must jump from building to building in Tattoine Mos Eisly untill they reach a certian point. If you fall, you must go back to the beginning.

The Great Hunt ((TGH)): The TGH is a Hunt. Both players will be a certian faction, and must find a player on the other faction. The first one to find him wins.

Oh yeha and with the Speeder chase, you'll need two refs to make sure they go on time and to see who wins.

Originally posted by boranchistanger

I was pondering the other day and thought heck, wouldn't it be sweet to have a competition that all Battlefront players

All 8 of you?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on... :)

*Ahem* I am a pilot myself, but if yo uwant to compete you have to attempt at all competitions I belive. I'd like to fight a worthey opponent in the air, and you might be him. But I'm pretty sure if you want to compete in an event, you'll have to try at all events unless you lose. And once thing starts, to everybody, may the best man ((or female)) win. :)

I would like to be apart of this, by helping you organize it. I can be a referee, obtain official requets via email, maybe even make a resume to send to those who wish to join. Im not a very good player, but I have good teamwork skills. oh, and, i theres no harm in trying out, so ill do that to. Send me a pm if you would like my help, 'cus this is gonna be great!

It's an interesting idea BUT...

... who will host between the 2 players?

In matches between Euro and NA players there will be a lot of lag, and a good ping without lag is a very big advantage in a game like swb.

Did you think how to solve this problem?

Solution is simple.

These are usually best of three, therefore each person hosts for 1 of the first two rounds and, if there is a tie, then the person who had either the fastest time or killed the other quickest will host the tiebreaker round.

Without bots and with only 2-3 people in the server, however, lag shouldn't be a huge problem.

-Boran

Archived