Home

Pope dead at 84 (confirmed) 4/2/05

Andy867

According to various news outlets, Pope John Paul II, 84, has died. Although the Vatican has offered no confirmation, there has been no such denial as well. The Pope had taken ill after first suffering from phenomenia earlier in February, and then was hospitalized.

He was later put on a nasal feeding tube, and slowly his health condition worsened. Reportedly, he had been suffering from a very high fever and had a urinay tract infection. Pope John Paul was also suffering from Parkinson's disease, which is a progressive nervous disease occuring most often after the age of 50, associated with the destruction of brain cells that produce dopamine and characterized by muscular tremor, slowing of movement, partial facial paralysis, peculiarity of gait and posture, and weakness.

IMO, I feel that the Pope was being selfish in that his time as pope was long overdue, 20+ years overdue. He should have retired/resigned/passed on the blessing of Pope to someone else and retired, but his selfish nature of trying to do everything and accomplish nothing lately has proved that he is long overdue for retirement, and so with his reported passing, there will come an age of a new pope, while John Paul II can rest.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fools senses are tingeling. I knew it's april fools before I came here. My LNN is saying that he is better and all. They said taht yesterday, and you are saying he got even more ill before he died, he was better yesterday, there for this is obviousley an AF joke. And not funny either.

They say the reason why he had reportedly died was that there was conflicting reports that his electrocardiogram had flat-lined, and that the machine that was monitoring his brain activity had shown that there was no brain activity immediately following the flatline, which led to the reports that the pope had died, though its been later conflicted and rumored that he is still alive. But my guess is that he could die right now (2:13PM CST 1 Apr 2005) and the vatican wouldnt confirm it for at least 24-48 hours.

(Like they really want to admit that their spiritual leader had passed. They wont even admit that there is a problem with their own priests. )

Personally, I find it a bit amusing that millions of people across the world are saddended by the passing of the Pope into thier Heaven.

If you understood the religion, you would rethink your statement.

People die, and people are sad. It happens, despite the existence of Heaven and Hell. It is easier said than done to put on a happy face when someone you love has passed away.

-----

Besides, I agree, when he developed parkinsons (spelling?)disease he should have retired. The added stress of being the pope probably speeded up his soon to be death. The guy was just too old.

I don't think anyone would joke about the pope's life.. even on April fools day.

Originally posted by Herminator

Did Anyone else snicker at the thought of the pope actually dying on 1. April? :D

I kinda smiled at the fact on him dying the same date that Rozz Williams hanged himself. He was a deathrocker (not metaller) who amongst other things recorded the Lord's Prayer backwards. >_>

While it would have been the perfect opportunity for JP2 to fake his own death, even Andy Kaufman left 'em guessing, after all...

He's been ill for awhile, anyone could have seen this coming, tough call (watch the news stations dust off their "John Paul II tributes" they've been recycling for the past four years or so everytime he's sneezed or fainted). He has my best wishes in any case!

Go out with a wink and a smile, I say.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Ummm...this might be a bad time to ask, but can I be pope now? I've waited patiently, and I'm a pretty nice guy. Gimme a shot. If it turns out I suck at being pope, you can always get somebody else. Vote Cap for pope in 05!

Except you know, it is a life job; kinda like marriage except you can't file for divorce. So, y'know, if you wanted to quit you'd have to become a martyr.

Archived