Home

PS2 or XBOX version?

It was, yeah. The PS2 version is essentially a port of the Xbox version, which is being handled by a totally independent studio as far as I'm aware. The PS2 is less powerful, so the textures and such are likely to be downgraded to compenstate.

The PC version is still the superior beast, since it'll have smaller loading times, and the textures will presumably be used in their full resolution glory. The only niggle is the fact that a lot of people's PCs simply may not play it, so be sure to check before you buy.

No, you're absolutely correct. That's why a number of highly functional and comfortable PC gamepads, some of which are designed to work and look just like leading consoles' controllers, exist. There's even adapters out there which will allow you to plug your Xbox controllers straight into the PC via the USB port.

It's a pretty tricky situation. On the one hand, you need to get a gamepad to enjoy the controlling experience as muchj on the PC. But on the other hand, if you play it on the Xbox and enjoy its perfectly configured control setup, you suffer from slightly lesser graphics and higher load times.

I've been using a 'Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power' (USB), which is a force feedback dual analog and D-pad controller a lot like the standard Xbox gamepad. In fact it has a few extra buttons (two on the back and two extra triggers on the top). I got mine for about £13 on eBay.

So far that's been great, with full customisability for the axes' sensitivity, keyboard mappings, etc. Hopefully it will be good for Psychonauts on the PC, which is the version I've got pre-ordered.

I got me one of them, works pretty well for the few platform games I actually buy that can be used with analogue controllers.

Even still, I've never had any beef with the WASD controlling method if that's the way I have to go.

Originally posted by Thrik

Hold on for a while if money is your concern, the Xbox 2 is supposed to be coming before long (read: before 2006). When that happens the originals will probably go right down in price.

I'm not sure though... I heard that a Final Fantasy game was being made for the Xbox2 only... Well, 2 FF games acutaly. I bet they're going to be awesome!

Originally posted by RemiO

I thought the deal was that the guy who made the Final Fantasy games now work for Microsoft. I'm probably wrong.

I'm not so sure... You maybe right. All I know is that they said that 2 Xbox ONLY FF games were being made for the next gen Xbox. One light and "cartoony" and the other very realistic.

Archived