Home

Pixel Shader

urluckyday

Hello!

I have a question about RC. I recently downloaded the demo. I started up the game then pressed play and a message came up saying:

"You do not have a pixel shader of 1.1 or greater. Do you wish to continue?"

I have an NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000.

When I tried out the game, instead of my squad lookin' great, they were just white 3D models. Is there anyway to make them look better with my graphics card?

THANKS!

Drivers won't help you. If your getting a pixel shader error its cause your video card doesn't support pixel shaders.

No driver can help solve this problem. You'll need a new video card.

If your looking for a quick and cheap fix look for a Nvidia FX5200 or a Radeon 9100.

Both are cheap and have the pixel shader support you need to run this game.

Thanks Oidar, but unfortunately, I got that video card about only 2 or 3 months ago! I wish there was some other way, but thanks anyway.

What exactly does the driver do then?

One other thing, I checked my video card, and it does have a pixel shader for sure. Are there like different versions of pixel shaders?

Originally posted by legowar

I wish someone would realize that I don't want to sell the video card because it would still cost quite a bit of money, and most people don't like used Video cards!

: p

Yeah, well what can you do? At least you'll get some of that money back.

You'd be surprised how many people are in the market for affordable PC equipment. Anyway, it's not been used much so that is a plus selling point...

Or if you have a family member or friend who could use it you could consider giving it to them as a gift.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a geforce 4 mx 440 and it didnt have a pixel shader aswel!

But when you cant see your squad emembers textures i change my visor style !

i think you press x i press it twice and it usually comes out fine some dodgy cones and the light is sollid silver but besides that its still fun to play i gootaa save up for a gfxcard!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by HK 47

I had a geforce 4 mx 440 and it didnt have a pixel shader aswel!

But when you cant see your squad emembers textures i change my visor style !

i think you press x i press it twice and it usually comes out fine some dodgy cones and the light is sollid silver but besides that its still fun to play i gootaa save up for a gfxcard!

I have the same thing as you. 440.

And hes correct just change your visor by pressing "x" twice and they will come out better. At least it doesnt lag lol so you dont get lag killed.

• 2 years later...

i dunno what the drivers do about pixel shading, but they'll probably help you anyways. go here "http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us" select:

Product type: Legacy

Product series: geforce4 MX series

Operating system: whatever you have

Language: English (US) or English (UK) or whatever.

Archived