Home

New Replacer Tool by Taina

Edit tk102: Taina's Replacer tool direct download link from PCGM database

Ok so this tool was released the other day & I'm curious who has used this tool yet. Or for that matter who here has taken notice of this.

As the thought has just come to me would this make it possible to import Droid body meshes onto the top of human body meshes such as the sith apprentice model. This one came to mind as it has a head & body combined.

Also along these lines does anybody think we might be able to use this to split the head meshes from the body mesh to create a new head.

I will admit that this is rather new to me as well as others. That and the readme instructions seem to be unclear for this tool. That may be due to the author seeming to not use english as a first language which may be why it is hard to understand.

NO you can not use it to cut working heads from npc's. Its primary function as I understand it is to replace vert coords. It is not meant to replace mesh's and I don't think that would work.

But I have not yet had a chance to use it But I know someone who has. And the tool worked perfectly :)

Originally posted by T7nowhere

NO you can not use it to cut working heads from npc's. Its primary function as I understand it is to replace vert coords. It is not meant to replace mesh's and I don't think that would work.

But I have not yet had a chance to use it But I know someone who has. And the tool worked perfectly :)

So what is a vert coord?

I thought it might be the same as the mesh.:confused:

.. Funny I had no problems using it :confused: . Despite English not being her native tongue I congratulate her first on the fact she was kind enough to release this and second to make it in English when it’s not her first language. In fact I just joined Pcgm to thank her for this wonderful tool .

There maybe more much more potential to it but basically think if your head models as a piece of clay. Because that all any model really is just verts and edges that make faces and poly’s suspended in 3d space using the XYZ coords. as the road map,

Vertex coordinate example : X 0.0499706007540226 Y -0.045007698237896 Z 0.0518716983497143

Now imagine remodeling the map. Only nothing is removed or added.

I’m enjoying a new edited head on mira , I knew she had flex mesh so I used her as my test subject.

Things I changed smaller nose, fuller lips, longer front / side bangs , the flex mesh remains as do all animations

And this was only with my first test ;)

svösh

I am also apreciative of her building this in a language which is not her native tongue. It wasn't until today that I realized that she was a foreign non-english speaking modder.

However I don't understand is how a mesh relates to a vert.

The hierarchy of 3d models is like this [top down for this example ]

[1] A vert or vertex one spot plotted in 3d space , you need 3 in order to form any primitive shape.

[2] 3 verts connected by 3 edges makes one face , : aka a tri / 3 verts

[3] 2 faces side by side sharing verts makes up one poly : aka a quad / 4 verts

[4] All faces or poly’s joined together makes up your mesh : aka an element / all verts

this should help ;)

svösh

So it basically lets you edit 3d geometric shapes in an xyz coordinate system? Im a little confused as to what it does. Also-svösh- can you post screens of what you did to Mira's face? The tool and the possibilities(that I understand) sound intriguing.

B4 and after ;)

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p13421934.html

basically you use [ g] max to edit the vert locations of any part you want in the Editable mesh level of the stack Just as Taina's read me says. NO operations , no cutting no attaching no welding no collapsing , the better you are, the better it will be, you also can edit uv cord and replace them as well a very handy tool

the lips are only fuller in the profile shot you can see the difference anyways you get the idea ;)

EDIT : here is the link to the tool for those that want to see what they can do

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11335.html

Follow the read me to a T, don’t rename any model sections in max and unlike chuck’s replacer this is a 6 part deal and very unforgiving one mistake and the app generates an error or crashes.

A good understanding of 3d modeling is good to have but don’t be intimidated by XYZ ;)

Good luck

svösh

Thanks guys but really all I did was, some vert moving, and non uniform scaling. This new tool allows us to not have to compile the changes we make in max so the head remains animated. The replacer pastes our new vert cord. array over the old bin .mdl and .mdx then saves a copy as new from our new ascii exported from [g]max for the edited and selected mesh and it all thanks to Taina’s replacer tool.

svösh

SVOSH, one word of warning...

Now excessive plastic surgery can lead to bad things :) Just ask Michael/Latoya Jackson! :) I'm convinced they are the same person...lol They look just alike! Odd and creepy in a bad sorta way :)

All kidding aside I'd download this version of Mira her face looks better your way :)

Originally posted by mstarfire

So any ideas on if this tool could perhaps be used to add Bao-Dur's arm to some other models to broaden his wardrobe?

No, its only designed to replace vert coordinates. it can't be used to add or remove polys

Originally posted by svösh

A good understanding of 3d modeling is good to have but don’t be intimidated by XYZ ;)

And you wonder why I follow you around like a lost Padawan :D

Master svösh, how do you do this? Master svösh how do you do that? hehe.. ;)

Mira is even more of a hottie after your fine-tuning, outstanding work man!

Has anyone tested just how far the verts can be manipulated? I've recently found working in the vert sub (MAX) for the Darksword and my last 2 sabers, things are much easier...

Just wondering if someone has tried stretching (moving rather) a vert to ridiculous proportions and the animation of the mesh still "worked"..

• 4 years later...

Archived