Home

Well today...!

urluckyday

Well, today April 2nd 2005, the new Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the sith action figures were released. I must say I am most satisfied! Target was holding an exclusive Darth Vader figure (limited edition of 50,000 made!) and I got my hands on one with only 10 left in the store. I was there near opening, so I'm sure most stores have sold out by now. But if you are still interested, go ask somone up front about it, because they keep them behind the desks! So go out and pick out some, what I must say are amazing, truly fun action figures!

The blue guards were rare if you hit at midnight, but after the morning shipments, the blues were everywhere because a delayed shipment.

I got one of the only two 12" Greivous' at TRU. All ninja like, just dashed in there before anyone could see me, saw a glimpse of Greivous' head and just snatched it up.

None of our targets even had in the Vaders. I was so pissed when I asked them where they were and they said they didn't stock any. Pissed me off so much.

Originally posted by legowar

ZBomber, is 1-32 all the figures they will release, or is that just like the first series (if you might know)? Also, do you think the Target Darth Vader will be worth anything in a few years?

33-40 will be relased later this month.

Vader should be worth something. There are only 50,000 in existance. Thats why only the big Targets got shipemnts of them.

Well, I think the only reason it was rare was because there were only a few per box. Then people would grab them quickly. When we went in the morning to a Wal-Mart no one went to, they had like 5 of them. (But no red guards, actually)

So let me get this straight. The blue and red guards are hard to find, or they were hard to find? I wish I saw a blue one because those are some of my favorite looking guards.

Also, did anyone run into the geeks like I did early in the morning. I had to go early because at 10:45 I had to go somewhere, and I had a little $1 off coupon that could only be used on 4/2/05. I think the coupon came to you if you were a Star Wars Insider Suscriber.

Finally, how do you think that people got their hands on the exclusive vader before Target started selling them because I saw several peeps sellin them on ebay (they said get it before they are released!). The ridiculous thing is that I payed $13 bucks at my Target for the vader, and now peeps are selling them on EBAY for around $50! I saw a starting bid for $119! Now, I know it's exclusive, but they came out yesterday, they shouldn't be that high priced should they?

There were both red and blues guards at midnight. Then more blue came, but not red, so now red are rarer.

Once again, the reason for this is because a lot of Targets did not have the Vader figure in the first place. Only some Targets got them.

People probably got them early if they worked at Target and stole one or something.

Zbomber, do you think that you can still find the red guards at target or wal-mart, or are they now really rare?

Also, I have a really big question. Ok, so I get home and I look at the figure's packaging (one of the best lookin' boxes ever), and I realize that the vader helmet has like 2 different colors for different action figures (blue and light purple). Do these colors mean anything?

If you want to find a Red guard, I'd reccomend going to a Wal-Mart that didn't have Midnight Madness if possible, most people just skipped those in the morning. With luck, you should be able to find a red guard somewhere.

About the Vader figure, I'm not sure. We got three Vaders (I got one, Taters got two) and they all had different paint jobs. Honestly though, I have no clue. I don't think we'll see Vader like that in EPIII either, but I could be wrong.

No, no, no. That's not what I mean. I was talkin about the packaging. On the basic figures, the cardboard packaging has a picture of vader's helmet. I got 6 figures 2 are colored light purple and the rest are colored blue. That was what I was talkin' about!

Yea i went to 2 different walmarts. The 1st one had no guards, no padme, no jedi but mace, yoda, agen, ani's, obi's, few dooku's and thats about it. But the second store had atleast 30 blue guards no reds. I got 15 of the 32 this weekend and I must say these are very pleasing! Yo Z need to ask you about some figures, well a sencond oppinion before I buy. So get me a msg on msn later.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Yeh, I got all basic figures, 1-32. And Target Vader...

Clicky

We got all that, and the Wal-Mart Early Bird kit. We don't care enough about the TRU exclusive to go there.

My Wal-Mart opened at 7, not midnight, but it was still cool. There was a stormie patrolling the place. I thought that was pretty cool.

Awesome!!! Here is what I got! :D

Anakin's and Obi-Wans JSF

obianijsfep34tg.jpg

Grevious Wheel Bike

grevious3qm.jpg

Wookie Army with Ep3 Chewbacca, yoda and Traffle

wookiesyoda0pe.jpg

The Villians of Ep3

villains7xu.jpg

The Jedi Arresting Party

"Your under arrest Chancellor!"

arrestparty3qc.jpg