Home

The Pope is...

90SK

you people just plain out don't care that he's dead?? :eyeraise:

i'm not catholic, but you can't even consider his achievements as noteworthy?? no offense intended, but shouldn't you at least consider what someone has done as opposed to what they are by title before you start ignoring them completely??

I'm not the most religious Catholic in the world, but I know enough about him to know that his influence was IMMENSE, and that he commanded a great deal of respect around the world. There won't be another Pope like him... It'll be hard for any future Pope to reach out to the people as much as John Paul II did.

And Xenocidal, his death is nothing to joke about.

I'm from a Catholic country, but I am strongly agnostic and I do not feel a sense of loss or similar for the death of the Pope. He had a strong political and religious influence, and I'm sure that John Paul II will be canonized in next years, but I simply cannot understand why religion plays a so important role in may people's lives.

Originally posted by Darth Aleera

I'm from a Catholic country, but I am strongly agnostic and I do not feel a sense of loss or similar for the death of the Pope. He had a strong political and religious influence, and I'm sure that John Paul II will be canonized in next years, but I simply cannot understand why religion plays a so important role in may people's lives.

I know somw people take it seriously to much sometimes, but again the pope dying means nothing to me so borthered, not really, because there just selected another person to be this so called right hand of god or whatever he is.

^^^^

would you joke around about the death of someone who actually meant something to you?? and it doesn't have to be a prominant leader, it could be anyone that has some kind of positive signifigance in your life.

the pope's death may not be personal to you, but it is personal for the 5 million + people that are currently gathered in Rome for his funeral.

try to at least show some sense of decency here folks.

Guest Saturnine

You all know religion is a sensitive topic. There is no need to post pointless and offensive content.

Please use common sense and show some respect when you discuss these topics.

-Darth333

I've tried to stay out of it, but, WOW. This is like....I donno..

If you liked the Pope- it is sad.

If you don't care, than at least don't be disrespectful. Can we try to be civilized, what ever opinions we have. Obviously, with religion comes strong emotions. PLEASE, try to keep others emotions in mind. This is a great site. Can we keep it that way?

Its a shame because this could have been a good thread. Sadly, I think we may never know.

Saturnine: read my post above carefully because this is your last warning. You have already been warned by Rhett for a similar matter in this thread: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146381

edit: and Saturnine: concerning your last post that was deleted by another moderator, I am not even religious or American but I certainly believe in one thing: mutual respect. Goodbye!

Archived