Home

Your thoughts about the Pope

Yes, the Pope really was a good man... He awokened tolerance and love, (even though I am an atheist) I deeply mourn for the his death:( . May he rest in piece.

P.S. The only thing I realy hated about his death. On the news they said 'If it wasn't for him, there would be no end to Communism'

All right now beacause of this sentance I am really PISSED OFF!!!!!:swear: . THOSE HEARTLESS YAPPIES, THEY EVEN USE A DEAD MAN FOR THEIR GOALS (I still deeply mourn for his death).

P.P.S C******** RULES!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

i have to agree that Pope John Paul II ideas on religious tolerance were very good ideas. it is indeed a step in the right direction because instead of promoting conflict between the religions, as many of the previous popes have done, it allows different religions to come to an understanding of each other. that is something, i think, that would help both sides of many religious conflicts come to a much quicker resolution.

and let me very quickly add that this should not turn into a bashing event like the last thread did as long as you people engage in meanful discussion and not flaming. thank you.

He's considered right-wing in the catholic church. I can't say I agree with everything he did(such as condemning Yugoslavian rape victims who used the morning pill) but he certainly was a great man, the first to bring every religious leader together to pray for a better world.

Goodbye John Paul!

I knew little about the pope.

Fedel Castro called Bu$h's attendance of the pope's funeral Hypocricy, for the pope opposed bu$h's war in Iraq and corperate america. Now Bu$h acts like he was freinds with the pope.

.:swear: THOSE HEARTLESS YAPPIES, THEY EVEN USE A DEAD MAN FOR THEIR GOALS.

You said It.

personally, i don't think John Paul II would've had any problems with President Bush attending the funeral. why you people seem to think that the Pope wouldn't have is beyond me given that the Pope was quite tolerant (and thus forgiving of things like the Iraq War).

and whether or not you support Bush going to the Pope's funeral, it would've been much worse to see a President that was a professed atheist to be at the funeral (no insult or flame intended). Bush is protestant, but thats a far cry from atheism.

jeez, i really don't understand why some of you people seem to look for opportunities to bash the President. i only do it when there's actually a real reason to do so. :dozey:

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

I knew little about the pope.

Fedel Castro called Bu$h's attendance of the pope's funeral Hypocricy, for the pope opposed bu$h's war in Iraq and corperate america. Now Bu$h acts like he was freinds with the pope.

You said It.

The Pope had Bush on his list of people to come to his funeral.

Edit tk102: No name-calling.

Originally posted by Dragonball Fan

The Pope had Bush on his list of people to come to his funeral, dumbass.

Ok, I have had enough with this. Dragonball Fan you have been around here long enough to know that insults are not tolerated.

Consider yourself warned.

I won't lock the thread for now for respect to the author of the thread but keep a civilized, respectful and on topic discussion. Otherwise, refrain yourself from posting here.

Originally posted by stingerhs

jeez, i really don't understand why some of you people seem to look for opportunities to bash the President. i only do it when there's actually a real reason to do so. :dozey:

The reason is he cant read, and I apologize to the thread starter for getting off topic. Heres to the pope:guiness:

Originally posted by Darth333

Ok, I have had enough with this. Dragonball Fan you have been around here long enough to know that insults are not tolerated.

Consider yourself warned.

I won't lock the thread for now for respect to the author of the thread but keep a civilized, respectful and on topic discussion. Otherwise, refrain yourself from posting here.

.. and if I offended anyone here I apoligize a well.

... as for the pope, I hope you found what he beleive in.:)

Don't call him that for inviteing Bush! It's not like he's invite Asamo Bin-Ladin or Sadaam Whosane ((I know I didn't spell either wrong.)).
Yeah, sorry for saying this too, exept it doesn't really offend anyone. It might've though, so sorry. I hope the Pope is happy now, god bless him.

{snip} didn't you read my post above?

The Pope lived a good life and ended communism in several countries, and united the three religions "of the book " for one day at his funeral. Anyone that can make bitter enemies sit next to each other for a day or two and mingle with each other has had to have been a powerful person.

I am an arab muslem, so allow me to say the muslems openions:

Simply, the Pope was a man of peace as he should be, because he is representing the Christ on earth, and the last is the love, the compassion, and forgiveness, thus he didn’t approve the war in Iraq and other wars, he wanted us to respect each others and live together in peace.

There were great men in our world like the Pope, Luther King, and others … they want us to change, to be open minded by believing that all the religions are coming from the same place…thinking like that will bring us peace as we will learn to respect and accept each others.

And about Bush being at the funeral, I think that the funeral was about all the world and everyone is invited and Bush (like all the presidents around the world) must be there according to the protocols, yes the Pope hadn’t agree with him totally but he had to be there at that time.

Archived