Home

Trouble Getting Mira With a DS PC

Cool Modine

Yes, I searched, found this thread which says that if you're neutral/light at the cutscene right before you enter the bar, you get Mira. Else you get Hanharr. I presume the relevant cutscene is the one where Mira shows up and uses the dart she was saving for Hanhar, after which you take Mira to meet Visquis.

Anyways, I had a savegame literally 2 steps before that cutscene, so I used KSE to give myself LS alignment so I can run through Jekjek Tar and get Mira.

Except, it didn't work. I gave myself 90 light side alignment points, but still ended up with Hanharr.

Either I'm missing something, or there's more to it than simply being LS when you go into JekJek Tar. Can anyone help? This is my second playthrough of TSL, so I'm not afraid of spoilers or of savegame editing or other "cheats"... for that matter, I have a number of mods installed this time around.

Here's a kicker for ya, I've NEVER been presented with Hanharr or whatever his name is for a character ally. 100% Good 100% evil I end up with Mira EVERY TIME....LOL

I'd be interested if anyone has the answer for this as I bet the reverse would work for Mira to Hanharr.

My Best Obsidian Engineer Impersonation:

"Bugs what bugs? So what if we never tested it and the patch will probably be 500 MB."

If I'm not mistaken, the place in the game that dictates wheather you get Hanharr or Mira is when you have the "come alone" meeting in the Jek Jek Tarr, and you enter the docks alone, your alignment when the docks loads with that quest sets the Mira cutscene and who you will get to keep later on... :D

That explains my problem I think. I am almost always a neutral Jedi if I answer questions as I normally would if it was myself. I stay throughout the game "slightly" light so now I know :)

Mental note: Kill more people in cold blood before Nar Shaddaa...LOL

Thanks for the heads up Hawke :)

the critical point is going to the Nar Shaddaa Docks after Visquis contacts you

You would get Mira to join you only if you are light side or nuetral in force alignment.

If you are dark side aligned, you get a walking carpet following you the rest of the game

the real question one must ask: if anyone could try and work on a mod for getting Mira to join you no matter what side of the force your alignment, that would be very good

So, it's set when you enter the docks, not when you trigger the cutscene. That's half of my question.

My question at this point is, how do you toggle that setting in KSE? Somewhere, one of the global values has got to record whether you triggered the LS or DS reaction.

FWIW, that's why I didn't originally post in Padawn's Lounge: I was more interested in using KSE or some other tool to reverse that setting as the savegame I wanted to continue with was made after I entered the docks with massive DS points, and figured that KSE questions were more of a topic in Holowan.

Originally posted by Tupac Amaru

The variable you need to edit is '303NAR_Hanharr_Side'. It is set to 1 after you talked to Hanharr in the docks. If you reset it to 0 with KSE you should get Mira. You could also edit the dialog file.

is that ALL you need to change?

just change a 1 to a 0?

if so, seems easy enough then. ill test that out.

thanks.

edit: also what do you mean by you need to edit the dialog file as well? could you be more specific...

Originally posted by mrock

edit: also what do you mean by you need to edit the dialog file as well? could you be more specific...

You don't need to edit the dialog file if you use KSE. It is only an alternative. The file is 305han.dlg, the cutscene that is triggered when you reach the locked door in Visquis' lair. There are two lines that say either Mira or Hanharr has become your temporary character. I removed the checks for 303NAR_Hanharr_Side so I could decide which one to control. Then run a script that sets the variable according to the choice.

Not excactly elegant. I have been trying to change some of scripts so I can side with Mira in the docks already. Yes, I know KSE would be much easier. :D

Originally posted by Tupac Amaru

The variable you need to edit is '303NAR_Hanharr_Side'. It is set to 1 after you talked to Hanharr in the docks. If you reset it to 0 with KSE you should get Mira. You could also edit the dialog file.

This more or less works, with some rather odd side effects depending on when you set it. I tried setting it right before my PC was to enter Jek Jek Tar... the cutscene where Mira stops you didn't play and my PC entered, but didn't trigger the normal PC scripts, ie, it was playing the part where Mira goes through the JJT, and none of the bar patrons were hostile to my PC. Nor was I getting poisoned; the breath control cutscene hadn't played and I didn't have the power yet. The cutscene did eventually play right before I entered the private room, though. However, when I went in, I didn't trigger any cutscene, and was able to walk around and talk to Hanharr and Visquis. When I talked to Visquis, that did eventually trigger the cutscene for him to leave. Then when I got to the fight with Hanharr, again, it was my PC in the fight, not Mira (though the "You are now controlling Mira" prompt came up).

I also confirmed the proper time to set Good/Evil points via KSE to control which character you get: You need to do it before you receive the message from Atton to return to the Ebon Hawk, right before Visquis sends his invitation. Do it any later than that, and it won't effect the game.

Originally posted by Cool Modine

This more or less works, with some rather odd side effects depending on when you set it.

The problem is that some cutscenes use the Hanharr_Side variable, others your alignment. It should be safest if you change the variable in Visquis' hideout just before the locked door where you loose control of the Jedi. Same if you edit your alignment instead. Better not to go dark again too early.

Originally posted by Cool Modine

I also confirmed the proper time to set Good/Evil points via KSE to control which character you get: You need to do it before you receive the message from Atton to return to the Ebon Hawk, right before Visquis sends his invitation. Do it any later than that, and it won't effect the game.

It worked past that point for me. I have a save with a dark side PC where I just entered the docks after I have already received the invitation. If I edit my alignment then I still get to meet Mira.

Archived