Home

Explain Your Avatar Here

Derc

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wel my Avatar is one I'll stick with I think for a bit since It's gotten some feedback ;) Besides I like both Bens anywho :D

Definitely :)

It get's my vote as one of the Top Kewlest Avatars on LF :D

-------------------

Mine, for those that don't know by now, is the Laughing Man's "logo" from the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime' series...

more info

Do you like Robin Hobb's books?? They are fantasy too ,great books really!!Do you know em?

Ive had Robin Hobbs recommended to me by a number of people. I hope to get around to some of those books one day, what do you recommend as a good starter?? Remember, being a SW/Drizzt fan, there has to be lots of fighting and lots of bad guys/girls up to no good !!

I only ever got aronbd to reading the Dark elf Trilogy because I had played NWN, Baldurs Gate and Dark Alliance. This got me familiar enough with the FR 'universe' that I felt I might check out what the Drizzt phenomenon is all about. I must admit, Drizzt Do'Urden is one of the most remarkable characters to ever grace the pages of any fiction book, IMO(and Ive read quite alot at my ripe old age!!) :D

mtfbwya

My avatar changes every 10 seconds.....literally.

Ok, I have the Lion's head in a very regal profile. Then its the advanced power armor from Fallout. Then its the insignia of the Brotherhood of Steel, also from fallout. Finally, its Ninjai, the littlest ninja.

Yea, I couldn't pick just one. I have one more image I want to add, but I can't get it to look right....

EDIT:: HAHA!! Got it. It's just another head shot from BoS.

Ive had Robin Hobbs recommended to me by a number of people. I hope to get around to some of those books one day, what do you recommend as a good starter?? Remember, being a SW/Drizzt fan, there has to be lots of fighting and lots of bad guys/girls up to no good !!

I only ever got aronbd to reading the Dark elf Trilogy because I had played NWN, Baldurs Gate and Dark Alliance. This got me familiar enough with the FR 'universe' that I felt I might check out what the Drizzt phenomenon is all about. I must admit, Drizzt Do'Urden is one of the most remarkable characters to ever grace the pages of any fiction book, IMO(and Ive read quite alot at my ripe old age!!) :D

mtfbwya

I think that you best read them if you love fantasy books..She has several series of books.Depends on wich serie you're interested in.Magic Ships ,Te Farseer Trilogy ,............ If you are itnerested in a serie you should best read the FIRST book of the serie than you understand everything ;).As i said she has many series,and they all are GREAT.So depends on wich serie you like and if you like her books..

How do y'all get those custom avatars? I tried to use some pictures off the Internet, but it said the picture had to be at most about 70 x 70 pixels. Where the heck can you get tiny pictures like that? Just about all pictures have at LEAST hundreds of pixels.

You can make yourself one using a picture editing program. MSPaint is good enough but you'll have to use your mathematical knowledge to resize the picture correctly.

For that, use Irfanview. Google it.

If you have Photoshop, it's even better!

I think that you best read them if you love fantasy books..She has several series of books.Depends on wich serie you're interested in.Magic Ships ,Te Farseer Trilogy ,............ If you are itnerested in a serie you should best read the FIRST book of the serie than you understand everything ;).As i said she has many series,and they all are GREAT.So depends on wich serie you like and if you like her books..

LOVE fantasy!! I dont want to hear about LOVE, I want evil drow in dark alleys plotting murder!! :D

@ET....I prefer this Muad'Dib :p

LOVE fantasy!! I dont want to hear about LOVE, I want evil drow in dark alleys plotting murder!! :D

@ET....I prefer this Muad'Dib :p

Hmm,you like them to be bloody and scary too? Or real fanatasy with magical powers and legends and magical beasts like dragons? I prefer the second..What do you prefer?

The original Dune movie sucked... I liked the first remake of Dune on scifi better.

I like the second version of fantasy too. :)

and now for something really random:

http://nub.iichan.net/b/src/1123857560648.jpg

The best thing about the first Dune movie is the pre-Picard Patrick Stewart.

Oh yea, and Sting acting. hehehe

I loved the SciFi channel miniseries. Most of the stuff they do is very B-movie. Dune was a great example of what SciFi can do when they really want to make something good. Granted, the story was already written, but the movie came out great.

Anyone else find women with blue glowing eyes hot? It's wierd to find it sexy, but somehow it is. I donno, maybe I'm just wierd.

I love that pic you posted, Ash Li. It was funny.....random, but funny.

*points @ av* Anita King from an anime series called ROD the TV, doubt any of you have heard of it but *shrugs* :p

heaven forbid anyone else know about anime Lynk...Ive heard of it :p Ive become good friends with a couple of Japanese masters degree students that are working on a research project at my old uni. They get anime sent over regularly by their partners/families to keep them up to date with releases over there.....all originals, no bootlegs. Unfortunately, being Japanese release, not all of them have english subs :( Theyve given me a lend of a psp and a few games so I can try before I buy when I go overseas soon. Nice chaps :)

The original Dune movie isnt good at all, unless you are a fan of David Lynch of course...

then it takes on a peculiar fascination ;)

@Smaug.... as Ive mentioned, the only fantasy Ive ever read is the RA Salvatore books. So far Ive only read the Dark Elf Trilogy and The Icewind Dale Trilogy. Sure it has wizards and dragons and magical weapons, but it's the characters and their motives and actions that are compellling, just like with *any* good book. Drizzt is a mesmerising character, in any universe. But hell no, definitely no LOVE.....got enough of those intrigues in real life :p

mtfbwya

Archived