Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

Word on the street is that KOTOR 3's title was leaked: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3: The Last of the Republic. Apparently, the exile and Revan's stories will tie in together, and the HK factory will be included as part of the plot.

Haven't seen any screenshots or proof, but the title sounds cool enough to be genuine. :D

EDIT: It's also pretty likely that Obsidian will develop, seeing as that they are requesting staff for an "unnanounced project" (look at their front page). I aslo remember reading in Game Informer that Obsidian is hard at work on KOTOR3.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I would surely welcome a KotOR 3, I really wish they'd (Obsidian) just spend their time & resources on fixing KotOR 2 rather than rushing and releasing yet another half-assed version to pay $40+ ...

TSL has sooo much potential, and is still a great game IF they would just fix what needs to be fixed... :(

Because of TSL and it's shoddy work, I'm really regretting the fact that they're the Team that's working on NWN 2, I did so enjoy the original and I'll be highly pissed if it's as bad as TSL's release was...

Maybe if they learn from this mistake, I can look forward to a version 3... but right now, I'd really just like a patch (if only to prove to their fans that they are listening to the complaints)...

But hey, KotOR 3: The Last of the Republic ... it's definitely got the right 'zing' to hook an audience :D

Hell, I would have loved to see KOTOR2 fixed up, but I don't think that would really be possible. Sith Lords apparently doesn't have XBOX Live connectivity (even though places like EBGames and Amazon say that it does), and I don't think Lucasarts will spend the time and money on making an expansion pack for players. Besides, most people that play the game don't even know about the problems and cut material. So, Im just hoping that Lucasarts doesn't end up rushing the next installment, and give Obsidian some time to create a final KOTOR game that doesn't exist for the sole purpose of bringing in $ for LA (which, sadly, looks like the reason they had TSL made).

Originally posted by Derc

"Word on the street," eh?

I'd take it with a bowl of salt. :o

Hehehe.....

Yea, that about sums up what I was thinking.

Anyway, I know the real title. My cousan's best friend's third grade teacher's first husband's exwife's uncle works for Lucas Arts. The title will be Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic : Insert Favourite Title From The Funny Titles For Kotor III page here.

Myself, I hope they take two years working on Kotor 2 and get it right. In the interm, an expanion pack, while unlikely, would be good. I don't know how, or if, that would work with XBox though.

As to the title, even if its true, it will probably be renamed a few times before they finaly release it.

:cool:

Well well well,it's only 2 months since TSL's computer release,and here we are with rumours of a third in the series surfacing.

In my opinion the title seems authentic and credible enough for recognition,and the fact that the rumour says that they will tie in Revan's and the Exile's story was imminent since the very first news of KotOR3.

However,seeing the way that LucasArts indirectly tarnished TSL's image,rumour or not,I,personally,would be hoping that Obsidian,or whoever who's developng this game,would be able to make a complete and unbugged(as little as possible,at least) game without pressure from LucasArts.

Sounds like the Republic might be destroyed. That's not how it goes is it? I thought it slowly crumbles for millennia and then Palpatine is the first one to finally get rid of it. I've got a bad feeling about this...

I'd hope to see the third installment released by late 2006 or early 2007. Plus, it's almost definite that (for Xbox users) it will come out on Xbox 2(or whateva you want to call it).

Therefore, we can automatically expect to see a new game engine (finally) and maybe the devs will tweak the combat system to give players a new experience.

Not that I hate d20, but it does start to feel a little old.

Oh yeah, and I assume that everyone here saw that news post on starwarsknights.com? (about http://www.kotor3.com being reserved...)

I'll bet it's fake; can't imagine why any fan of KOTOR would be that desperate.

EDIT: Dunno if it has any relevance, but maybe "Last of the Republic" refers to the Jedi, and not the Republic itself.

Well, I for one hope that Obsidian is working on it, and if Lucasarts can just let them them do it this time and not rush the project, there' s no reason why it can't be a great game. I can't help wondering how KOTOR 1 would have turned out if Bioware had to do the same rush job.

Archived