Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sith_master2000

/\/\/\

Hmm... I guess your right, but still it would be more dramatic you have to agree. But the most thing I want is Bastila as a party character, that would be cool because you can talk to her about all the things that she knows that happened to Revan after the Jedi Civil war.

I would love bastila as a playable character again, revan and her kick butt good, and mayb a good ending would be carth dies (yeah!! because he can be annoying like not trusting you in the first game drove me mad, its like ok stop complaning mate) instead of revan and the exile.

Originally posted by Bastila

I would love bastila as a playable character again, revan and her kick butt good, and mayb a good ending would be carth dies (yeah!! because he can be annoying like not trusting you in the first game drove me mad, its like ok stop complaning mate) instead of revan and the exile.

I just hope they let's us on (male side atleast) finish the love story from kotor 1. and i agree female Revan need someone else. Carth was such a whiner. exile i could care less about.

Originally posted by dewayne26

I just hope they let's us on (male side atleast) finish the love story from kotor 1. and i agree female Revan need someone else. Carth was such a whiner. exile i could care less about.

I doubt you will get your wish, my prediction is that you will start as a new character. If i had my way though, you would start as Revan though and be able to import your character from the 1st game into the third. I think that would be cool, but i don't see it happening. Just my guess...

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I doubt you will get your wish, my prediction is that you will start as a new character. If i had my way though, you would start as Revan though and be able to import your character from the 1st game into the third. I think that would be cool, but i don't see it happening. Just my guess...

Theres always hope

That doesn't even deserve to be a rumor. :ewok:

They're not going to throw away the core game mechanics of the franchise and start fresh. It'd be like Jedi Knight becoming an RPG. Plus, why would they want one of their own games competing Galaxies? They wouldn'

Not sure anymore what i want kotor 3. i'm was against a new pc for kotor 3. I think in three you should play exile/revan and finish up there story. but i been thinking a new pc at the beginning doesn't sound like a bad idea now. it could serve two purposes. 1. it could give a new player insight to kotor 1&2 and serve as a tutorial. 2. for vets it could serve to help to set up revan and exile. by asking us about the choices we made. doesn't have to detailed questions. but they will have go alittle deeper then theb the questions at the beginning of tsl.

Originally posted by dewayne26

Not sure anymore what i want kotor 3. i'm was against a new pc for kotor 3. I think in three you should play exile/revan and finish up there story. but i been thinking a new pc at the beginning doesn't sound like a bad idea now. it could serve two purposes. 1. it could give a new player insight to kotor 1&2 and serve as a tutorial. 2. for vets it could serve to help to set up revan and exile. by asking us about the choices we made. doesn't have to detailed questions. but they will have go alittle deeper then theb the questions at the beginning of tsl.

I agree, I think a new character would work well for the reasons you said, and because LA is licensed for at least a KOTOR 5 so they have plenty of time to finish the story, might as well add another character to make it more interesting.

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I agree, I think a new character would work well for the reasons you said, and because LA is licensed for at least a KOTOR 5 so they have plenty of time to finish the story, might as well add another character to make it more interesting.

where did you find that info?

I hope next Kotor episode will be centred on Revan or the Exile. Kotor I ending, both with DS and LS seemed almost complete, but in Kotor II

you know from the beginning that Revan journey is not ended, and appears immediately evident that Revan is somewhere in the unknown regions.

In Kotor III I expect we will see what happened... Kotor II, even if the game would have been completed (in fact it's isn't, only Lucasart and/or Obsidian say that it's), has an episode ending that I'm supposing it's a "to be continued" like ending. If will be added a new third character, I doubt that something will be concluded (or will be concluded well) and if Obsidian or some other developer is now working on the third chapter, most likely will pass two years (or more) before Kotor III will be released. And if there are too much new contents to complete the story, and the real end (and not an episode ending) will be placed in an hypothetical Kotor IV… that can be in 2009 or after (that’s is a little bit exaggerated, but if will be, it’s slightly concerning). And finally I hope the level design will be better (bigger planets and no more laziness... if the developer wants remove an area, do not leave doors that can't be opened, but delete them).

When your on the Unknown World if your Dark you can kill Carth, Mission, and Zaalbar.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It makes no sense for you to play the Exile or Revan again. Why are you not level 20 and with a full array of force powers right at the beginning?

Yeah I agree with lukeiamyourdad. It would be better to start with a new character, the only problem is the only Jedi that are supposed to be left are Atris, (providing you don't kill her) Revan, (if he/she went light) and the exile (if he/she went light). Yes there are the people on your ship that you trained but they aren't officially Jedi yet. Plus if you started as one of them it wouldn't be a new character.

Yeah I agree with lukeiamyourdad. It would be better to start with a new character, the only problem is the only Jedi that are supposed to be left are Atris, (providing you don't kill her) Revan, (if he/she went light) and the exile (if he/she went light). Yes there are the people on your ship that you trained but they aren't officially Jedi yet. Plus if you started as one of them it wouldn't be a new character.

i just want finish up revan story in person i feel more comfortable with that. but i see your point. and forgot the beautiful bastila if you saved her instead of killing her. oh and the jedi on your ship. who's left we don't know.

Yes there are the people on your ship that you trained but they aren't officially Jedi yet.

Doesn't matter, cos you wouldn't want them to be Jedi at the start of K3 because the whole point is you start at lvl 1 and work your way up to 20 or whatever the cap is.

But I doubt they'd be PCs anyway. It's a big galaxy, anyway, so I don't think ppl will have too hard a time believing there's a few Jedi scattered about here and there that no-one knows about. EU is pretty renowned for doing that (like Rahn and Jerec in JK or C'Boath in HTTE)

I don't know wich ones of you played Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2, but in those 2 games you could import your character, at least from BG1 to BG2, not sure if it was backward compatible. It also doesn't provide any problems when you do so. Instead of a lvl 1 start they could also use a lvl 20 start and let you move up to a new lvl cap (and preferably none at all). It has been done with BG2 (well the lvlx start, not the removed lvl cap), so it can be done again with SW:KOTOR3.

You know it woundn't borther me if i started out as revan or the exile and was at level 20 already, so all your powers and skills are they for you, but maybe when you level up in this game its for a new level up thing (if you get what i mean.)

You know it woundn't borther me if i started out as revan or the exile and was at level 20 already, so all your powers and skills are they for you, but maybe when you level up in this game its for a new level up thing (if you get what i mean.)

not a bad idea

ok iv'e been reading through this thread and i feel the need to add my 2 cents so ignore me if you wish

1) it cannot be called the last of the republic as the 'old republic' is disbanded in sw eps 4 a new hope and it cannot mean the jedi as they are destroyed in eps 3 and these games are set around 5000 yrs before the films

2) the rest of your 'leaked info' could (no offense) come from anybody who has actually played the game

3)obsidian did say on one of there message boards that there deadlines to finish tsl never changed so regardless it was ultimately LA's fault in my imho that it got released unfinished

4) there was some news on the developement of kotor 3 before tsl was even out, it was vague and more about having to let some of the people go so it was via this we new kotor 3 was in production

5) from this i can fathom that some people are correct when they call the end of tsl a cliffhanger an will probably be carried on in kotor 3 and the storylines for k3 and tsl were infact being written at the same time

6) i hope they are working on the patch and trying to make sure they dont make the same mistake with k3

7) god only knows when this super patch to fix all the glitches will be out

well there's my 2 cents sorry about the long post :D

Yeah I think that's a pretty good idea. And maybe the new level up thing could be (if you play as Revan) that since he/she's been out in the Outterim for so long that he/she's found out about new force abilities and as you level up, you get them and they are really powerfull to make it seem more like he/she's a master yet still training, just a thought.

Archived