Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

Originally posted by Keshin

If you read it again, you'll see that its not. I deal with these types everyday and it gets old - fast. The reason I even bothered replying to her in the first place was the comment about changing the fighting system. Everyones telling me off while it was her who needs to learn manners when communicating with people she doesn't know.

You "deal with these types"? Aren't you assuming who I am, like you accused me of assuming who you are?

The reason I replied like that is the 99% of the time when someone wants to change the fighting system is because they want a third-person shooter/KOTOR. That's why.

And about this:

And unless you have less then 3 years to live, there is no way that you'll be too old to enjoy videogames the way you do now

This is because I know people who are married, have kids and still enjoy videogames.

I don't know how that sounds remotely aggressive, or even an insult, but you need to lighten up a bit and instead of insulting people, maybe just explain everything in a calm and mature manner.

Everyone's telling you off because you're the one who overreacted and started the hostilities when there was no need.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah yeah... lukeiamyourdad. Whatever.

Its simple. Would you have replied to my intital comments like that in real life? No. Why is that? Because their is a thing called "common courtesy" and you would not sitting behind your computer screen.

You could go on and on about being correct and that I'm the one who is out of line, but would this have happened if you would have at least had common manners and simply asked "Why?" instead of being rude?

If anything I'm the one who should recieve an apology. And if you where honest to yourself, you know your intital comments where out of line.

Quite frankly, this is boring me. I came here to discuss KOTOR 3 and I was contributing to this thread nicely. I didn't come here to pussy-foot around a smart-a$$ who enjoys making nasty comments. You can justify your comments all you like, but me, you and everyone who reads them if being honest to themselves understands why I replied the way I did.

You assume I wouldn't be direct like that in real life, yet I would, even to a stranger, if he's spouting crap(not saying you do).

Was I rude? I think not, others have had a reply like this not from me, but from other forummites, yet no one over-reacts and starts insulting.

Am I out of line? Is someone you consider being rude enough to justify this reaction:

See the stick? yeah the one thats up your a$$... take it out would ya?

smart-a$$

Was my comment that nasty? I think not, but if it offends you, I'm sorry.

However, you owe me one for openly attacking me.

I, personally, find the idea of a new graphics engine and combat system disgusting. A few tweaks would be nice, such as better textures, extra combat feats, that kind of stuff, and would improve the game.

But a new graphics engine and combat system? It wouldn't feel very... KOTOR-sih. That was a reason why TSL really felt like the sequel to KOTOR - Most of the stuff was the same, with a few tweaks.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

I, personally, find the idea of a new graphics engine and combat system disgusting. A few tweaks would be nice, such as better textures, extra combat feats, that kind of stuff, and would improve the game.

But a new graphics engine and combat system? It wouldn't feel very... KOTOR-sih. That was a reason why TSL really felt like the sequel to KOTOR - Most of the stuff was the same, with a few tweaks.

what's wrong with a new graphics engine?? changing the graphics doesn't necessarily mean a change to the gameplay. and it definately doesn't mean that the game won't feel like kotor.

besides, isn't the feel of the game up to the gameplay, anyway???

Well, not really. The feel of the game is pretty much everything about it. Combat system, graphics, sounds, dialogue, music, etc. are all part of the "feel of the game".

I don't see how the feel of the game could change if the graphics, only the graphics, improve. Most of the reviewers complained about how dated the textures and overall graphics of TSL looked like.

Even so, the game lags and gives poor frame rates.

I have an aging system and KOTOR lags while HL2 on low doesn't and HL2 on low looks a lot better then KOTOR on high.

On the evermore competitive gaming market, graphical quality has become vastly important, even if it's not everything.

I have to agree with lukeiamyourdad, more or less.

Gameplay is highly important for the feel of the game. I think most of the other elements are more subconscious, but are highly important.

If, they changed the combat system, everyone would notice immediately. We would have a thread of people debating the merits of the new system. Unless the developers mess up horribly, some would love it and some would hate it. If they do mess up, then all,or most, would dislike it.

If they change the sounds or dialogue, it would be less obvious. Many people might not even notice, but the game would still feel different. You might not know why, but it would.

Also, the tone of the game is important. Kotor 1 much lighter than Kotor 2. Thats apparent. They both feel like Kotor, but they do feel different.

The developers can change many things and keep the same feel. If they change too many things drastically, Kotor 3 will not fit the feel of the series. If they only change a few, and not too much, Kotor 3 will fit, but still be different.

They can change the graphics engine and not affect the overall feel of the game. Hopefully they will improve it tenfold. Ofcourse thats unreallistic, but it would be nice.

The Legend of Zelda series has changed greatly since the first game. After all this time, each in it's own way are all Zelda. Although, for those of us that grew up with the series, we may have matured as did the game. The differences were not felt as much over a long period of time.

Still, It is the amalgamation of these parts, as well as many others, that account for the feel of a game. If they all fit correctly, Kotor 3 will truely be Knights of the Old Republic III.

Thats my take on it anyway.:cool:

^^^^

agreed with both LIAYD and Lion54.

my point was that you don't have to lose the feel of a game by changing the graphics engine. many sequals have done this before, and if you ask me, it would be a welcome change considering most of the second-generation games (Far Cry, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, and Chronicles of Riddick) look tons better than either Kotor I or II and get much higher framerates at the same time.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought thats what you were saying, but I did't want to put words in your mouth.

You are correct about "Far Cry, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, and Chronicles of Riddick" (cut and paste from your post) . I have not played them myself, though. I'm consedering buying Half-life 2. It looks sweet. I would buy them all, but money dosen't grow on trees. (It grows in the cotton fields, btw)

The others look great too. Kotor seemes behind in the graphics department.

I really hope they make K3 with up-to-date graphics. To be honest, K2's graphics did not bother me. If they can make them better for K3, I won't complain.

The hardcore fans won't be bothered if the graphics stay the same, but the appeal to more average players will be lower with ancient generation graphics.

To be frank, the game looks butt ugly up close. The textures are my main complaint, but the rest is acceptable.

I have a theory as to why obsidian want to make kotor 3 with a new games engine,its kinda simple really, but i am going to try and explain in an abstract way

me and my better half both own a pc we both have an almost identicle set up and both of us have xp and we are both signed up to msn and yahoo however when i try to use my other halfs pc or she tries to use mine we take 3 times longer doing whatever it is in comparrison to using our own pcs, because the way we lay out our descktop and the setting we have everything at suit us and look completely different

now with kotors game engine obsidian used it to make tsl, now imagine when they go to do something with the game but cant find the right button because its not where they would have put it and because it takes them so long they end up having to phone up bioware because bioware knows exactly how to use it, i believe that obsidian want to make k3 with a game engine of their design so that its easier and quicker for them to use

i also believe that even though it'll have a new games engine obsidian want to keep it faithfull to the kotor experience and they want to improve on it not ruin it so with any luck kotor 3 will be an up to date game with less bugs (with any luck)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Well, updated engine doesn't mean updated interface.

They can keep everything the way it is now, with the buttons and everything at the same place, just upgrade the graphics.

It's quite simple really.

Good point. :)

Actually, I may have misspoke. I do not think that Obsidian is making the next game, just because I heard they are currently working on a different game.

well, there is the possibility of LA developing the game themselves. they did it with Republic Commando (which was actually very good), so its not out of their reach (or fiscal power) to do so.

of course, LA has slipped more into the role of publisher more than developer, so my gut instinct still tells me that another developer company will handle the job instead of LA.

Archived