Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

Hmmmmm....well, all I can say is that they take more time and actually polish the game with no bugs and BS. I don't really like waiting, but as long as the KOTOR 3 is GREATER than the second one then it'll be worth the wait.

Side note: They should make another unique storyline. Those "HAH! Im actually some sith lord blah blah blah" plot seems boring after awhile.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'l probaly be something where you wake up on a shil under attack and you have to get your equippment. You meet some wierd to serious sounding guy, get a lightsabe (I hope) hack up a bunck of people, and escape miraculosley flying through space just before it explodes. Then crashlands on a Bustling planet where you meet an important person who's enslaved and have to free them. Then you have to go collect 4,5 things from diffrnet planets and meet on one planet no one has ever known about, shut down something destroy a gigantic building and zoom on your ship and the credis roll.Oh and all the while your important person gets captured and turns on you or you can join him/her to rule the galaxy.

Probaly how it'l turn out.(I HOPE not.)

*crys*

Hey guys and gals. This is my first post here. ~grin~ I am usally the lurking type. But enough about me...I was just wondering if any of you had seen this....and what it might mean?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32776&st=15

kirottu:

It´s not going to be kotor 3. Obsidian has said that their next game isn´t a sequel.

John Morgan, Assistant Producer, Obsidian Entertainment:

True and true.

Also I noticed on the swknights.com front page that KotOR3.com web site had already been registered so I did a WHOIS check on the site and this is the information that came back.

Organization:

Francisco Arias

Francisco Arias

cl 56 a 46-55 int 4 ap 402

Bogota,

CO

Phone: 2223753

Email: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: KOTOR3.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Nov 22, 2004

Expires on..............: Tue, Nov 22, 2005

Record last updated on..: Mon, Nov 22, 2004

Administrative Contact:

Francisco Arias

Francisco Arias

cl 56 a 46-55 int 4 ap 402

Bogota,

CO

Phone: 2223753

Email: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

Register.Com

Domain Registrar

575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor

New York, NY 10018

US

Phone: 902-749-2701

Fax..: 902-749-5429

Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS19.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.80

DNS20.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.80

So...is this bad news for KotOR 3? Or does this information not really matter?

Azuth

Originally posted by The Hidden One

It'l probaly be something where you wake up on a shil under attack and you have to get your equippment. You meet some wierd to serious sounding guy, get a lightsabe (I hope) hack up a bunck of people, and escape miraculosley flying through space just before it explodes. Then crashlands on a Bustling planet where you meet an important person who's enslaved and have to free them. Then you have to go collect 4,5 things from diffrnet planets and meet on one planet no one has ever known about, shut down something destroy a gigantic building and zoom on your ship and the credis roll.Oh and all the while your important person gets captured and turns on you or you can join him/her to rule the galaxy.

Probaly how it'l turn out.(I HOPE not.)

*crys*

Sounds like the first, because under attack on a ship, crashlanding, rescuing/freeing [bastila], collect things from planets [Forge Maps], meet on a planet/place that is unknown [unknown world /star forge], important person gets caputred and turns on you [Malak catching Bastila]-[bastila turning DS], and finally having the choice to rule the galaxy.

I wouldn't play it if it was like that.

Originally posted by azog

Well, I for one hope that Obsidian is working on it, and if Lucasarts can just let them them do it this time and not rush the project, there' s no reason why it can't be a great game. I can't help wondering how KOTOR 1 would have turned out if Bioware had to do the same rush job.

Now if Bioware and Obsidian were to work on it...

Originally posted by Azuth

So...is this bad news for KotOR 3? Or does this information not really matter?

Azuth

I don't think it matters. If LucasArts needs it, they'll buy it from that guy.

Bogota is in Columbia right? I sense a columbian drug lord...oooo bad news for LA :D Or maybe he's a drug lord/KOTOR fan and in exchange for the domain, LA will have to comply to the game makers and not rush them in any way :D

It's all possible.

But nevertheless, any news or rumors of a KOTOR 3 should be taken with a grain of sand.

Actully I could care less about the KOTOR3.com news. I figured it was just some guy trying to make money. The part that conserns me the most is this:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index...pic=32776&st=15

Originally posted by kirottu:

It´s not going to be kotor 3. Obsidian has said that their next game isn´t a sequel.

Originally posted by John Morgan, Assistant Producer, Obsidian Entertainment:

True and true.

That can only mean one of three things:

1. There is no KotOR 3 (yeah right we all know that there IS going to be one)

2. Obsidian is not going to do it. And since we know that Bioware is concentrating on doing there own IP's we can infer that they also have no interest in doing it. Which would mean a completely new developer. (this is the thought that actually scares me the most)

3. Obsidian will start KotOR 3 after they finish NWN 2 which would mean we would see the game in 2008-2009 at the earliest. (I really don't want to wait that long)

So as you can see...with the information we currently have (at least to me) the prospects don't look promising.

Azuth

Originally posted by Azuth

3. Obsidian will start KotOR 3 after they finish NWN 2 which would mean we would see the game in 2008-2009 at the earliest. (I really don't want to wait that long)

Azuth

08-09? christ i'd never wait that long for a game!

Originally posted by Azuth 3. Obsidian will start KotOR 3 after they finish NWN 2 which would mean we would see the game in 2008-2009 at the earliest. (I really don't want to wait that long)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

3 to 4 years?

I'll be dying of old age by then... :redskul: (erm..well almost :rolleyes: )

It will certainly take longer than it took for kotor 2 and they will need a new graphics engine.

...and welcome to the forums Azuth :)

Originally posted by Darth333

(snip)...and welcome to the forums Azuth :)

You're not the only one ;) .... and Thanks!!!!!

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

Bioware was great with the first KOTOR, I wish they'd bring KOTOR, back to it's potential..

I agree with you 100%. I have been playing Bio games since BG 1 and BIS games since Fallout 1. I have always really enjoyed the storylines and the romances that Bioware puts into their games.

But at this time (perhaps it will change in the future) Bio is concentrating on developing its own licenses and has no interest in going through the head-ache of working on others licenses. Bio is currently working on Jade Empire, Dragon Age, and a as yet unannounced console exclusive game based on there own IP.

Azuth

welcome Azuth,

has anyone noticed how well done KOTOR I was done? it really was a masterpiece of a game and a story. the amount of polish bioware applied was amazing.

time is the crunch when it comes to games and a simple extra 3 months to iron out the wrinkles can bring it up to game of the year status.

i say we leave the story of KOTOR III in the hands of Obsidian and we leave the technical aspects (layout,gfx) in biowares offices.

Originally posted by Darth333

A new smiley... :eek:

Originally posted by mr.piercy

has anyone noticed how well done KOTOR I was done? it really was a masterpiece of a game and a story. the amount of polish bioware applied was amazing.

i say we leave the story of KOTOR III in the hands of Obsidian and we leave the technical aspects (layout,gfx) in biowares offices.

I have to agree... It's hard to appreciate how good a game is when it keeps crashing... I actually don't mind how KOTOR 3 will come out 2008 or 2009. As long as the game is a good one, and towers over the other two, I can wait. Hopefully, Lucasarts won't give an impossible timetable to whoever makes it...

I'd heard rumours of a KotOR III but I didn't believe it at first but I guess I showed myself. I've been reading over the thread and noticed alot of people were saying TSL was bad because it is such a rushed game (sorry if I've interpreted this wrong) I wouldn't say the game is bad because of this, I'd just say it is a downside to it. But anyway back on the KotOR III topic, I hope that they kill off either Revan or the exile because it would be a more dramatic ending.

Originally posted by sith_master2000

/\/\/\

But the most thing I want is Bastila as a party character, that would be cool because you can talk to her about all the things that she knows that happened to Revan after the Jedi Civil war.

She's not the only one, Carth knows, but Bastila isn't as annoying.

Archived