Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sith_master2000

But then they are encouraged to go out and buy the prequels, then LA get more money and we get more KotOR games :D .

Exactly.

If the game is made so you start as Revan or the Exile, I'll bet you will have to have one of the older games to import your character.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Thus forcing people hands and making them reconsider having to play through an older game they might not want to, having to spend more money thus ending in new players not purchasing the game at all.

They'd have to sit through the first game(~40 hours) before enjoying their new game. BS.

they should make option like in i don't care about revan. then the game assume stuff.

true. i should been alittle specfic. i mean let them create there character appearance. but when comes the questions if they go that route again give them i don't option. but as for power problem that another issue. i guess you could have standard powers. then let us choose others. i'm thinking in terms of us not being to import characters.

Force Jump is already in, but it's a feat, not a power (makes sense they way they did it). To see it's effect you have to be at least 10 meter away, be a guardian, have a clear view (also no character standing in the way) and use the normal attack. And I think that makes sense. The main problem with this feat is you can easily get stuck on something (like jumping onto a pillar). It works perfect this way, so let's not change it.

the only way i can see a 'game' having your old character at 20+ level would to have an expansion pack with new planets and enemys etc etc because as has already been expressed starting a new kotor game this way wouldn't really work

i have to admit if there were expansion packs for kotor and kotor 2 to play on extra planets and defeat more sith lords and more sidemissions and so on i'd pay money for them

i know redhawke did do a mod with a new planet on it wich you can download for free from his mods page

Thus forcing people hands and making them reconsider having to play through an older game they might not want to, having to spend more money thus ending in new players not purchasing the game at all.

They'd have to sit through the first game(~40 hours) before enjoying their new game. BS.

But who wouldn't want to play the prequels? If a person is getting the 3rd installment of a game without the other 2, he or she would have to assume that the prequels are great to because they have made three of them. Plus I would think anyone who doesn't find KotOR fun, evil and crazy, (like my brother, he only played through it once and has barely touched it again! :eek: )

Who knows who would'nt play the first two chapters?

There will still be people who don't, and that will be a rip-off for them.

What happens if I lost my saves? What if I'm not a hardcore fan who did keep them? What if I feel like I've played the old ones often enough and would be bored by playing them again?

Forcing people's hand like that really isn't the way to go.

What happens if I lost my saves? What if I'm not a hardcore fan who did keep them? What if I feel like I've played the old ones often enough and would be bored by playing them again?

that why i say introduce a third guy to start the game that they can get up speed bout what going on. and maybe some sidequests.

I'd agree with you on most parts, but as Aleggy had stated an 'expansion' (or the premises of) could probably work...to a point...

NWN's Hordes of the UnderDark pulled off a pretty decent job of using the "hero" from the last game.. wheras if you did happen to retain saves, you didn't have to create a character & you were able to get your gear back later in the game... until that point they dropped storyline hints of the past...

Of course, they had to use the 'lamer' option of, start the game off where the PC loses everything...

But, even if you hadn't played NWN or Shadows of Undrentide, a newcomer was still able to follow the story,... of course this was Bioware/Atari writing which had a good enough story to stand on it's own merits...

As far as starting off at 20th level, it's all relative IMO. Instead of fighting "factory droids" at the start, you wind up getting beat on with Dark Jedi from the get-go... throw in a few pissed off Mandalorians, maybe a tank droid or two... and 20th level won't seem to be that much of an advantage ;)

Granted, character creation took forever on HotU without a prior savegame, but it was worth the time once the game started going :)

Originally posted by Lord Anubis

i would like to see a KOTOR 3, i readin the UK mag PCzone, when they were reviewing the sith lords that the KOTOR series was set to be a trilogy, i would like to find out what happened to Revan was he or a she? TSL kept refering to Revan as both!

i preferably would write revan and exile destiny. techenically revan is both. offically revan ls male.

Originally posted by Lord Anubis

i would like to see a KOTOR 3, i readin the UK mag PCzone, when they were reviewing the sith lords that the KOTOR series was set to be a trilogy, i would like to find out what happened to Revan was he or a she? TSL kept refering to Revan as both!

I heard from a reliable source, though I can't remember what reliable source that was, that Lucasarts licensed at least up until KotOR 5 so they should have plenty of time to tell Revan and the Exile's destiny.

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I heard from a reliable source, though I can't remember what reliable source that was, that Lucasarts licensed at least up until KotOR 5 so they should have plenty of time to tell Revan and the Exile's destiny.

up to five KOTORs? What are they going to do in the mean time, before they tell what happend to the Exile and the great Revan? Unless, they have you play as Revan in the third and then you'll find out what happens to the Exile later in the series or the opposite

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

Then, how do you know its reliable?

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

Then, how do you know its reliable?

put it this way don't ask if it the same guy i think he talking bout. i heard we aren't suppose mention his name here. i could be wrong i been hanging around the la boards to long. but i heard that a number of people though. but seems to kotor is suppose a triology.

Archived