Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

What does it matter if it's true or not?

They could have done it since the first game. We at least know that with the ending we had with TSL, there logically must be a third title in the serie.

The fact that LA licensed for up to KOTOR 5 just means they're covering their bases and it's totally irrelevant to anything concerning KOTOR being a trilogy or not.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

What does it matter if it's true or not?

They could have done it since the first game. We at least know that with the ending we had with TSL, there logically must be a third title in the serie.

The fact that LA licensed for up to KOTOR 5 just means they're covering their bases and it's totally irrelevant to anything concerning KOTOR being a trilogy or not.

very true. if goes beyond 3 i'll be happy i think kotor is a good series.

Originally posted by dewayne26

very true. if goes beyond 3 i'll be happy i think kotor is a good series.

I have doubts about that. If they can come up with something new and original after the Revan Saga is over, then yes, I will be happy. Franchise milking is not something I want to see.

Well if they do make a new character, I just hope the head models aren't just altered one's of KotOR I like KotOR II's were. It annoyed me that the heads you could choose from were pretty much Revan's but with slightly different features. I know there were some new heads but I wanted them all completely new.

EDIT: And if anyone need's proof, I can get you proof. These are just 3 examples but there are more if people aren't satisfied.

Originally posted by sith_master2000

EDIT: And if anyone need's proof, I can get you proof. These are just 3 examples but there are more if people aren't satisfied.

I agree about the first ones but the others only ressembles slightly to the previous faces. There are some key differences.

Nevertheless, full customization is the way to go for KOTOR3.

Originally posted by AngryFan

They should really just use a Star Wars Galaxies esque face maker, if they use a new game engine that is.

It would be nice if every single NPC in Kotor3 has a unique body and head. Now that would be cool.

I agree with you AngryFan that LA should give the ability to customize your charater like in Galaxies, in KOTOR III. :cheers:

I was thinking the next you should be given the option whether or not to use your saves from the previous games. I think using you save would work. If you don't then you have to go thru character creation. As for retaining all your powers you keep them but compared to the new enemies they are useless. So you have level up and there is nothing wrong with starting your character at level one. It give you a chance to make your character strong again and perhaps take him/her in new direction.

since they had already started on k3 while making tsl i suspect they'll be using the same game engine wich is a shame

but one thing i hope they do is when u upgrade ur force power to still be able to use the lower level power

and for those who dont understand what i mean here's an examble

force push when upgraded becomes a force wirlwind wich is very usefull but when you upgrade the power again it becomes a force wave knocking over multiple enemies but you loose the wirlwind and basic push

i would like it so that when you have the ability to do the force wave you can still do the force wirlwind

i hope that makes sense :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some people have been saying they will wait 3-4 years for KOTOR 3... pfft. There is no way I'm waiting that long. By that time I'll be to old to even enjoy video games the way I do now. I understand people want it "finished/polished" but common! Be reasonable. KOTOR 3 has probably been worked on since TSL so I'll give it another year until release.

I think it'll be released for the Xbox 360 BEFORE the PS3 is released 6 months later. As M$ will want as many units sold as possible, and KOTOR is a big title which sells.

I want the Revan story finished SO much. I want Bastilla involved as much as the first KOTOR aswell. Plus I really started to like the exile the second time through TSL.

How will KOTOR 3 include Revan and the Exile without them being NPCs? I seriously doubt one of them will be PCs... and that will leave the other as being an NPC. If they are NPCs that means they will need voice overs... and I DO NOT want that to happen.

I believe KOTOR 3 will be a completely new PC, and Revan and the Exile will be handled the same way Revan was in KOTOR 2. Through story history, rumors nothing else. Maybe this new PC will meet Bastilla and set out to find Revan or something..

Cant wait whatever it is.

Originally posted by Keshin

How will KOTOR 3 include Revan and the Exile without them being NPCs? I seriously doubt one of them will be PCs... and that will leave the other as being an NPC. If they are NPCs that means they will need voice overs... and I DO NOT want that to happen.

Technically Revan already has a voice. First of all in KotOR I whenever you told him/her to do something he/she would say something, eg Unlock Door - "On it." And being a curious person as I am, I went browsing through the folders and found some un-used sith sounds with his/her pain sound and him/her shouting "DIE!" But I know what you mean. However it is possible to do a voice for the male Revan because he is done by the guy who plays Alexander Munro in Star Trek Elite Force and he is a frequent voice actor. Exile? Well that's another story...

[b

Maybe this new PC will meet Bastilla and set out to find Revan or something..

[/b]

That sounds intresting and also to find the exile.

Or you can chose to play revans story or exile sory first to differetn games on one disc (won't happen but i can dream tho)

Is it just me or is a title like"Last of the republic" something that could refer to revan and the exile, as the last knights of the republic?

If they did make a KOTOR 3 I say include feats like combat expertise and tricks like disarm and trip to make combat more dynamic. Instead of just having three different feats to deal damage. Disarms, feints, trips,hilt bashes, etc. All those sorts of tricks you would see in a real sword fight.

It would be nice if they would make items and skills actually usefull. Skills like awareness and stealth are barely usefull, and repair and computer use are semi usefull. You can just play through the entire game by muscleing through it.

Personally, I'd be happy if KOTOR 3 uses the same engine as previous games. Their is a rumor KOTOR 3 wraps up the revan - exile story so I'd like it the same. However.... seeing as that trilogy has ended, the series deffinetly needs a new fresh face, and fighting system. It would be so cool too have KOTOR with next-gen console graphics... real looking dark-jedi's running around! real looking force powers and stuff (bliss).

In KOTOR 3, I want to see these "true sith" with something like the death star. a huge similar station (i know star forge was similar) but i mean some REAL sith instead of the "meanies" that were kotor 1 and 2. I mean someone like darth sidious, and his apprentice. Someone who tries to kidnap you and turn you too the darkside like darth vader/luke skywalker that type of thing.

i cant wait.

Ugh, not somebody else who wants a new fighting system

And unless you have less then 3 years to live, there is no way that you'll be too old to enjoy videogames the way you do now.

Ugh... what? I would like alterations towards the fighting system. Its got to take a change, the devs wont let it stay the same on the new engine. I'm not talking about stupid alterations. The fighting system is unique, its what makes the game different. However their is a lot I would like changed. I want more involvment in the overall battle, I want more control. In both the games I got bored near the end when plowing through easy enemies. It gets samey. They dont need to change it lots, just alter areas.

"And unless you have less then 3 years to live, there is no way that you'll be too old to enjoy videogames the way you do now"

How the hell do you know if I would be able to play games the way I do now in 3 years time? Are you me? Do you know me? Do you know what events happen around my life? Do you know my future plans? Ugh....... nope.

See the stick? yeah the one thats up your a$$... take it out would ya?

T7edit: A little hostile today. There is no need to get so worked up. lets keep it civil.

How the hell do you know if I would be able to play games the way I do now in 3 years time? Are you me? Do you know me? Do you know what events happen around my life? Do you know my future plans? Ugh....... nope.

See the stick? yeah the one thats up your a$$... take it out would ya?

Dude, calm down. It was just a suggestion.

Even though, i'm making this too off topic, but still...This place isn't here for us to insult eachother, thats what Jerry Springer is for this place is here for us to give input and our ideas to each and everyone of us, may we please stand united instead of crumbling under what we're doing to eachother?

1: To the title, they can destroy the Republic if they want to because in Episode 2 Palpatine says "I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be torn apart" or something like that. Seeing as the KOTOR games take place 4000 years before the movies, I say they can do what they want.

2: To them learning from their mistakes, Feargus Urquhart the head of Obsidian said that after KOTOR2 they have started their own internal QA department because they know way too many bugs made it through LA QA.

3: Chris Avellone, lead designer of KOTOR2 said they'd love to do KOTOR 3, but they'd only do it if they could use a new engine.

Dude, calm down. It was just a suggestion.

If you read it again, you'll see that its not. I deal with these types everyday and it gets old - fast. The reason I even bothered replying to her in the first place was the comment about changing the fighting system. Everyones telling me off while it was her who needs to learn manners when communicating with people she doesn't know.

End of. Anyway...

1: To the title, they can destroy the Republic if they want to because in Episode 2 Palpatine says "I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be torn apart" or something like that. Seeing as the KOTOR games take place 4000 years before the movies, I say they can do what they want.

Personally I think it was more of a metaphor than anything specific... but I could be wrong of course.

3: Chris Avellone, lead designer of KOTOR2 said they'd love to do KOTOR 3, but they'd only do it if they could use a new engine.

Yeah I agree it does need changing but out of personal preferance, I would like the Revan/Exile story wrapped up first though. As theirs a chance this new engine could not be so great.

Archived