Home

Kotor3 Rumor

jangofett804

Originally posted by Aleggy

i dont believe that kotor 3 will be a mmo but i wouldnt mind sn mmo based in the star wars universe based around the kotor time period

It would be nice, but its not gonna happen.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I really hope Bioware (But it probably wont happen) does the third game and I wont mind if I have to wait 4 years for it, but of course it has to be the Game of the Millenium or something. F*** LA for not giving the time needed for II.

And Id hate it to be an MMO, but its not going to happen anyway.

And it really needs a new fighting system. Jade Empire anyone? (Here I go with my JE delusions again :rolleyes: )

(Dont get me wrongo, I love KOTOR, but it will need a new fighting structure, and the real time combat system of JE combined with lighting fast lightsabers... Hell yeah!!!)

Of course itll need more moves we are going to be jedi! But actually theres more than 2 moves in JE.

And Bioware definetely isnt going to do KOTOR III: (A moderator told me this in the Bioware official forums:

Sorry, the BW page is unavailable, Ill edit this later. But basically he said: "Bioware IS NOT going to do KOTOR III do dont get your hopes up." He was a moderator and worked at Bio so I suppose he knows whats he talking about.

Actually I find KOTOR II just fine. Certain bugs but nothing that major.

My only rant is that if they do produce KOTOR III, hope they'd tweak the journal a bit. Give the quest log a simpler interface, maybe splitting the main and sub quests or put simple instructions in the quest description like eg.

Lost Jedi

1) Find Master Vrook on Dantoonie (Found)

2) Find Master Kaver on Onderon

3) ......etc........

It'd be good also if they could display the Influence of the Party Members. And maybe perhaps give a sub quest for each of them to discover alittle of their past plus gaining their Influence.

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Alphidius

Actually I find KOTOR II just fine. Certain bugs but nothing that major.

My only rant is that if they do produce KOTOR III, hope they'd tweak the journal a bit. Give the quest log a simpler interface, maybe splitting the main and sub quests or put simple instructions in the quest description like eg.

Lost Jedi

3) ......etc........

It'd be good also if they could display the Influence of the Party Members. And maybe perhaps give a sub quest for each of them to discover alittle of their past plus gaining their Influence.

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Yeah good thought..

sounds good to me but i would also like to find out about some of the other jedi i met on dantooine in kotor. i know many of them were hunted down and killed but it would be nice to know were they ent and how they spent there lives before they were killed and maybe go visit were they lived because they were looking for something and may have clues as to whatever it is ur after

p.s. ok i have probably read it somewhere but does anyone know what the mmo of mmorpg stands for

if i had to guess it would be

mmorpg = money making online role playing game

p.s. ok i have probably read it somewhere but does anyone know what the mmo of mmorpg stands for

if i had to guess it would be

mmorpg = money making online role playing game [/b]

Nooooooooobie geek! :p

J/K

It means Massively Multiplayer Online RPG.

Originally posted by Alphidius

Lost Jedi

3) ......etc........

RPG-s should contain exploration and wonderment, otherwise just play Jedi Academy or the Episode 3 game.

KOTOR 3 needs first and foremost be at least 2 times bigger than K1 or TSL. Have a wider variation on quest completion (lethal, non-lethal, social, etc). Give XP bonus for silently sneaking without killing. Greater impact of you choices in the world around you. More freedom. Basically making it more of a "real" RPG (and no I'm not talking about that crap surrogate called MMORP).

well, considering that Kotor III isn't at E3, i'm finding it quite hard to believe that its currently in development. i could understand if the game wasn't even into alpha-stage and all they made was a billboard with "Kotor 3 Coming Soon" written on it, but we didn't even get that.

i guess this means that we'll have to wait much longer than we anticipated. :(

Originally posted by stingerhs

well, considering that Kotor III isn't at E3, i'm finding it quite hard to believe that its currently in development. i could understand if the game wasn't even into alpha-stage and all they made was a billboard with "Kotor 3 Coming Soon" written on it, but we didn't even get that.

i guess this means that we'll have to wait much longer than we anticipated. :(

SH#T!

F#CK!

SH#TF#CK!

Ancient, wise master RED say, "many legendary artist buy new brush when old wear thin and crumble, yet their creation are still admired loved and fought over to this day, even their very strokes on the canvas recognized by those who care to know them..."

Pshhh FuNk MaSTa' RED say "Ya gotta keep the art the funk the style the groove the soul baby, but a lil liposuction won't hu't yuself."

The "vibe" of the game (if done properly) should be retained but sharpened heightened and a bit enlightened, as an old freind who happens to have matured into a hot woman in a much smaller dress.

Give it a shiny new familiar feel, go ahead change the graphics, the soul is not that of the graphics engine but that of the artist who uses the engine(s).

While not as knowledgeable about the subject as many of you I have I and II, x-box and pc and between the four I have a few hundred hours in them, less experience than some more than others, this is the only RPG I have any desire to play, simply because I enjoy it, it feeds my imagination and inspires me,

But it must not grow stagnant, as the fictional Republic in which the characters, if it survives simply as character growth while letting the setting and the atmosphere rot, we might as well just read some multiple choice cliffnotes and save ourselves fitty credits.

And the rules need not be changed but ammended.

I like action games, I like Knights, but the two are very different and hybridizing them does them both a disservice.

I do not want to simply play the same game over and over again until I start to hate it .

Like I said before, I'm an action game fan too, I play this because of the reasons stated above and because I like Star Wars (even the new ones, a little bit, I'm hoping EIII's good, haven't seen it yet, I like smaller crowds.) And I find my self a little envious of screenshots of new RPG's, that I have no wish to play, with all the grass, trees, castles and stuff, You could paste something like that on I and II and they would still be the same wonderful game, just a little more beautiful, this is a game that is excellent but has many things that can and do have room for improvement.

I repeat it shouldn't be turned into an action game, but the fighting needs to be refined, maybe there are abilities that need to be added, and taken away.

But it's getting late my eyes are dry and blurry and I feel I'm starting to run-on and repeat myself but in different ways (hmmm some lawyers might simpathize:))

P.S. did anybody like my mod request =)

RED

Archived