Home

Voice acting

My mother and I got into a fight about the voice actor for Raz... I think that the guy who plays Invader Zim is also doing the voice for Raz.. But my other thinks not. I've looked, but there aren't many sites to this awesomely cool looking game. Please, if anyone knows where I might find some cold hard facts as to the real voice actor I'd love you forever! ^__^x Thanks a lot!

He's in the Angry Beavers too. I was watching an episode with my little brother, and at certain points the lighter beaver totally sounds just like Raz. It's great.

Then my brother spills his drink all over me and the moment passes.

Actually it's the darker beaver (the weird one) according to imdb, unless I've got my beavers mixed up (we wont go there), I haven't seen the Angry beavers in a few years now.. Go here for his acting credits, turns out he's done a lot. (sometimes under a differnet name... must be an actors guild thing)

Er, yeah, sorry. I meant the dark one. The one with the really deep (and also cool) voice is the lighter one.

For some reason I was actually imagining the colours being swapped around, but the correct beavers.

That's great people! Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I loved the Angery Beavers. It was my favorite show for a while. Dagit (the darker one) was my favorite... But I liked Norbert's girl friend too, Tree flower I think it was, ... Er... *feels like a geek*

When she gets home from work I"m going to rub it in her face. Oh yes, what fun. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

In the manual's voice credits, the actor for "Crispin Whytehead" is listed as Dwight Schultz. I haven't come across this character in the game, and the Psychonauts IMDb listing is pretty sparse, so I can't confirm it, but if it's the Dwight Schultz I'm thinking about, it's the guy who played "Howling Mad" Murdock on the A-Team and Reg "I had a holodeck affair with Deanna Troi" Barclay on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He's done a lot of video game and animation voice-work over the years, so I'm guessing that it is him.

I love that Richard Horvitz played Raz, for reasons other than Invader Zim being my favorite cartoon, right next to The Angry Beavers... He's perfect as Raz. I really can't think of someone to fit him better. And Richard has alot of talent, too... he's my favorite cartoon voiceactor. When I first found out it was him that played Raz, I flipped out and got all hyper. And I love the quote in my sig because, well... it's something I've never heard Richard say before. :D And it's hilarious. Does Raz swear anymore in the game, after that?

I was actually kind of surprised when I found out that Horvitz is actually in his thirties. He has quite a talent for, um, "youthenizing" his voice.

But all the voice actors are excellent. It's a shame that most of them are only B-list celebrities, because Schafer's writing seems to bring out an extreme amount of talent in anyone.

Though I was disappointed that Tony Plana (who voiced Manny) never made a cameo somewhere. That would have been great.

• 2 months later...

It's not so much that voice actors are "B" actors, it's just that they're...well, they're VOICE actors. They don't get a lot of noteriety usually, being behind the scenes and all, but it traditionally takes a whole different acting skill set to do cartoony voices than it does to, say, be in an Oscar-winning drama. That doesn't make voice actors worse, per se, just different :)

As for Richard Horvitz, I'll always remember him as the especially geeky kid in the movie Summer School with Mark Harmon back in the late 80's, and even then he was probably in his early 20's. So yes, he's older, and one of those people who gets a lot of voice work for his ability to sound younger. And cool!

Archived