Home

Aurora's KOTOR II Restoration Project: Restoring KOTOR II

kookaburra

Hello There,

Aurora from the obsisdian boards in apparently working on a project of restoring the missing content from KOTOR II that was cut out of the game. I thought I just send the link here to because it looked interesting and I thought I just pass on the message.If you are interested in seeing Aurora's marvllous work you can click on the link here:

Restoration Project Link:

http://magestrix.com/K2End/team.html

Obsidian Boards Comments:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32895

I believe she and her team are working on restoring the KOTOR II missing content cut from the game for the PC version. I am not sure if its for the Xbox version though,feel free to post in obsidian and ask her if you want.

Cheero

Kookaburra

I also agree with Prime and nas77. ;)

If it comes to fruition it will rule, but history has taught us otherwise...

Originally posted by nas77

But like ^^ said there have been so many projects in the past that I couldn't wait for that ended up more like :deathii: than :deathstar.

Good Analogy! :D

DUDE!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

This is what KOTOR is all about MAN!!!!!!!!!! IT S GREAT!!!! I just can t wait:D :D :D :D :D :D

So do you have any little idea when it will be ready (i don t want to sound like a total jerk or something or put pressure or anything it s just so freaking great what u r doing u know)

Is Aurora part of Obsidian or LucasArts?

Will this project be legally viable?

Hopefully,the answers to the above questions will *not* be able to shape the face of this project.

Also,where in TSL,is there a mention of a HK droid factory?Did I miss something?

Originally posted by Derc

Once again, Xbox users are left in the dust... :o

And what could LucasArts do? Close down the Holowan Labs? :p

Yes, they probably could. Beware of the lawyers of Lucasarts - and lawyers in general - they are evil, and will do anything to make a profit (like me) (No offense to Darth333)

• 2 weeks later...

I think what they are doing is awesome and it is admirable that they put so much work into something. It would be excellent were it to come out, and my best wishes extend to them.

Regarding lawyers and such, I really don't think that they can move against the aurora project because both Obsidian and Bioware are supportive of the modding community and really this wouldn't hurt the game only improve it so much more.

The possibilty still exists though, that this might create a new upsurge of xboxers bitching and bitching and demanding re-releases and that sort of thing which could understandably lead to problems, but it is a mod not another seperate game and as such if they encourage modding its their own problem.

Still corporate lawyers know their stuff, and could probably shut them down anyway. I say Obsidian: grin and bear it for releasing a half-cooked excuse to make profit out of a great franchise. NOT that they ruined it by any means, but come on I can't understand why this content was cut out other than the writing team having a breakdown. Really scripting such events shouldn't be that big a deal to a team of proffesionals like those in Obsidian. Ahh it angers me and many others that they leave ther jobs so mediocre. It could have shown perhaps more than KOTOR 1, but they ****ed it up with the ending, as I think many agree.

I'm not sure the xbox users would cause a stink. Myself being one, I'm just going to buy Kotor2 for the pc once this super-cool project is completed.

But I think it's a tad ironic that people think xbox users would be mad. I recall that PC users were rather miffed about Kotor2 being released on xbox before PC. ;)

Originally posted by AngryFan

But I think it's a tad ironic that people think xbox users would be mad. I recall that PC users were rather miffed about Kotor2 being released on xbox before PC. ;)

Fine with me, LA uses the xbox version to see what bugs are there and get rid of them for the pc version...

...Unfortunately, it didn't work out the way they planned. At least theres the patch *finally.*

I think if they release patches for the PC version, and make the pc version better and not the Xobx i thinkits unfair, im a xbox user, i have a pc but i'm not into playing games on the pc so if they fix up the pc bersion they best do the xbox version as well.

Originally posted by Bastila

I think if they release patches for the PC version, and make the pc version better and not the Xobx i thinkits unfair, im a xbox user, i have a pc but i'm not into playing games on the pc so if they fix up the pc bersion they best do the xbox version as well.

KOTOR was released on Xbox MONTHES before it was released on PC. TSL was released on Xbox two months before being released on PC. So, it's only fair that PC users get patches and mods.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

KOTOR was released on Xbox MONTHES before it was released on PC. TSL was released on Xbox two months before being released on PC. So, it's only fair that PC users get patches and mods.

Ok please tell me why its fair and i im from the UK and i pretty sure the xbox and pc version were released on the same day.

Archived