Home

Grim Fandango model viewer

James Isaac

Is there a working Grim Fandango model viewer? The 3D modeller for the Grim Fandango HL2 mod wants views of the models he is going to recreate from above, and from each side. Or, is there a way I can get the EMI model viewer working with Grim Fandango models?

Thanks,

James

There used to be a site run by a guy who made extractors and the like for many different games.

Unfortunately I can't remember the address.

There was a grim fandango model viewer there, but i'm not sure if it would help you. The models were usually in pieces rather than complete.

I'll try to remember the name of the site (I can still remember the design) and get back to you.

Thanks :). Was it by any chance Game File Formats? I tried there recently, but the site seems to be down. There are some file downloads that work (EMI model viewer etc.), but when I visit the index I get:

Nothing here to see yet...hey, wait!

No, sorry, still nothing there. :)

Edit - By the way, I have a load of SCUMM tools downloaded, so if you can only remember the name of the tool, I might be able to find it.

I'm the guy :)

I was working on a new version of the EMI model viewer that supports Grim Fandango's models as well.

The new viewer was based on the findings of the Residual team and even had texture and animation support.

Well, the animations looked funny and I didn't know why so I stopped working on it.

And after this I had not much time to spend on coding funny viewer tools :)

Same with the site, wanted to make a new one for almost 4 years now :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been my dream for many a year to update the models in Grim Fandango! If you did it the game would easily hold-up by today's standards... it would look beautiful!

(Although oddly enough they sometimes used the crappy lo-res models for ingame video, God knows why. Also anti-aliasing fuxors things a bit, too... but nevermind all that! :))

Archived