Home

CIS Strategies?

Murf

It seems when I play the CIS I get beaten worse than when I play any of the other 3 factions. So I dread playing them. Maybe I don't know the best strategies and advantages to play them effectively?

What is your favorite/most effective CIS?

What one(s) have the best weapons?

Do you have any good/effective strategies with CIS - name which on and the strategy?

Thanks

Let's see. My best CIS is probably the pilot droid because of the gun and when I'm CIS (which isn't very often obviously) I pilot their vehicles a lot. No really good strategies but really fun ones that I've already related in forums you've probably been in.

CIS is my favorite side, so I play them at every chance I get.

I find playing the Droid Pilot the most fun and leathal. You can mostly take out infantry in one shot with the chemical launcher depending if it hits its target dead on. If not its still going to cause a nasty bit of damage landing on your feet.

And I find I worry less about health and ammo since I can carry my own supply.

The Chemical Launcher explodes on impact, fires as a grenade launcher style weapon. Useless against tanks. Does require getting used to and a good aim, as its not like shooting straight at them with a rocket. Takes a second to land, so be sure to fire just ahead of whatever direction there running.

And besides, Pilots auto repair whatever their piloting (Has to be in pilot seat). So you'll have an advantage there to.

Most players I've seen usually use Super Battle Droids though also. Becuase of the wide range of weapons I guess.

I too enjoy playing the Droid Pilot. (SBD is alright, but I think it's rocket isn't all that great, not worth having no grenades.) Also the Vehicles on the CIS aren't all that bad. Droid Starfighter is pretty powerful. (Weak health but nice guns) I use it alot against enemy vehicles both ground and air. (Not very good against infantry, small blast radius.)

Being overrun? Switch to the droideka or Assault Droid and blast away, lay mines, whatever. The Deka also works well against the Jet Trooper. (considering you can survive getting hit by his emp) Another Tip for the Deka. Only use the shields when you have too. No point in having them on when no enemies around. And when your fighting 1 or 2 Jet Troopers or Arc Troopers, since it takes a while to reload their weapons, you can have your shield off in between. Then when they fire flip it back on (But you may have killed them by then)

Whenever you are up against the Republic's Tanks (The IFT-... something) the turret is what you have to watch out for, but since the back of the gunner is vulnerable try to take him out in order to make your destruction of the vehicle easier. (Get a gunner for the AAT and avoid some of the rockets and you'll take it down no problem.)

And... that's all I can think of.

The SBD wrist gun is amazingly accurate, it's a good alternative to the sniper rifle at medium-long distances, although headshots wont work as well, you can cause some significant damage.

Also, the tri shot has infinate ammo and hurts about as much as the dark trooper gun, without the reload time!

I use the rockets much like the jet troopers, although yes, they have sucky splash damage, but good for clusters of units in corridors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
well, personally, i would choose the grapple droids over anyone else when playing as CIS

Grapple Droids aren't in Battlefront.

CIS can be a tough faction to beat and play as. My advice would be try the Droid Pilot on every CW Era accessible level and try to master timing with droidekas. If you pull of this technique, your droidekas shield should stay up for x2 the amount it should. When you've killed most of your opponents w/ shield up, still stand and put down your shield. If you at full when taking on enemies, don't pull the shield up until needed. If your shield is gone and you have lots of enemies infront of you, curl up and hide behing something. Now if you still have problems, master the level Kashyyyk : Islands. If you win there 2 or more times, you are ready for just about every level.

The Droidekas are your trump card for the CIS. Personally, I don't like playing them, when rolling I manage to flip-flop when trying to go left or right, and end up getting shot up. But when I'm up with shields, I can take down a number of Republic troops before I die or have to roll away. And there speed is unmatched, even against jet troopers. If you can line up two or three or even more droidekas in a line, troopers don't stand a chance.

A skilled droideka player can reek havoc on the Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of things for Geonosis, and I'm speaking as a Republic trooper from what works against me:

Rocket and sniper droids. Spawn a lot of these, and mine the inside and hallways of the spire. Keep firing the rockets while the walkers a still a distance away. As they get closer, have the snipers, while standing by the ammo droid, launch constant orbital strikes. You can take out the walkers in minutes this way.

The spider walkers are almost useless. Human pilots in the AT-TE will start firing at them before they're even boarded. The Hailfires are better, you can circle behind the -- landing ship? -- of the Republic and destroy it alone, taking out their, or our :) , gunships.

Speaking of gunships, most human players don't seem to realize there are five positions on this ship. Or they know and don't care. If one person boards and takes off, it should take three rockets at the most to take it down. But if all spots are filled with pilots.......you have a bit more work to do....

And......droid starfighters. Use them constantly.

Well if you can get into a spider tank with a little bit of health then you can atleast do a little bit of damage because the ATTEs are slow firing. You can get out before being destroyed. Its only worth it if the pilots of the ATTEs aren't clone pilots. Which they usually are

The farther the Spider is from the AT-TE, the less the AT-TE needs to turn.

I normally jump into the Spider at the start of the game. I have just enough time to destroy the two gunships and jump out of the Spider before the AT-TE destroys the Spider. (And I mean JUST enough time, the last gunship blows up as the AT-TE fires its last shot to destroy the Spider)

I don't understand why they never had a zoom when they are 100% accurate at ANY range, while the Hailfire is about as accurate as flicking rubber bands at a tank, but gets a scope anyway.

If you're playing against AI or humans stupid enough NOT to put pilots in the AT-TE, the homing laser can do quite a bit of damage. Plus when I am a droid by force, I love to sweep it across enemy lines. You can take out a good four, five...six or so troops with one shot.

But again....the spider is extremely slow.....

I personally think that the best of every bf unit is the super battle droid, if used to it's full potential. It has of coarse, the standard wrist blaster that actually has a better rate of fire than the other teams' ground troop units'. The other primary wepon (tri-shot) has unlimited ammo, does just as much damage as the wrist blaster and doesn't spread out, so it's great for shooting at a distance, there's a better chance of a hit. The drawback is it's poor rate of fire. It's secondary weapon is it's missle launcher, which has more surround shock (the maximum space between the missle's explosion and a unit hurt by it) than the assault droid's weapon, and can do just as much damage to infantry. Unfortunately it only has three shots. You should really practice with him, he could become your favorite unit.

Archived