Home

Who is Anakin's Father??

No one knows for sure who Anakin Skywalker's father is.

So I thought, why not start a thread in which people can 'make up' Anakin's Father?

I'll start -

I think Anakin's Father is Count Dooku. Now before you start laughing, give it a thought:

In the old trilogy, Vader and Luke fight each other. In the new trilogy, Count Dooku and Anakin fight each other. Anakin has to fight his son on Palpatine's orders just as Dooku has to fight Anakin on Palpatine's orders. So there is a very good chance that Count Dooku is Anakin's father.

What about you? Remember, Anakin's 'father' can be anyone and anything you like (i.e. - A twilek :) ), so get creative!

:p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Qui-Gon Jinn

his cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians.

Originally posted by Mace Windu You refer to the prophesy of the one who will bring balance to the Force... you believe it's this boy??

Originally posted by Keanu Reeves

woah...

Originally posted by Darth_Kismet

Anakin was born of the Force. No father, sound familar?

very familiar,

of course Jesus automatically comes to mind. but there are many others, ancient mythology is littered with stories of virgin births and immaculate conceptions. Roman, Egyptian, Greek, they all have tales about heroes and warriors that were born without fathers (human anyway)

we all know GL loves his mythology, which particular one inspired him we don't know. maybe it was Perseus, the slayer of Medusa. his mother, Danae, was impregnated by a shower of gold.

^^^

That's why Shmi didn't want anybody to know. Just like that Mary 'virgin' who doesn't want Josef to find out she cheated on him, and I guess anybody in that town could have been the father.

[Josef] Hey how that you get pregnant when we haven't even done you know what? Have you been cheating on me? I bet it's that guy from around the corner.

[Mary] Now off course not, this child has been given to me by God. (Comment: she named God, God, because she couldn't come up with a nice godly name like Zeus or Jupiter or Ares or anything like that). Don't you trust lil'ol' me?

[Josef] No, I guess that concievement by God is all right, happens all the time doesn't it?

A few moments later Mary visits the guy from araoun the corner.

[Mary] I told Josef that God was the father of our child. I think it's better you keep this story up and tell the whole town as well, Josef is out of town for a while, so you should have a meeting of all the men in this town right now. I don't really want to know anyway who is the father anyway. It could be everybody from this town, and some of the merchants have already left, you know how short their stays are.

[Guy from araound the corner] Yeah, you're right, let's have this meeting right now. The entire town would have to stick together.

I don't mean to offend anybody with this, just something I thought of. And it's just meant to be relegion with a healthy bit of sarcasm.

Uhh... some male prostitute?

Seriously, though, I had heard about the theory of Ani's father being Palpatine and that he purposely ordered the Trade Federation to spare Naboo royal ship, forcing them to land on Mos Espa. A little too far-fetched but I like my first theory. :)

One more thing that I forgot to add about Count Dooku being Anakin's father:

Count Dooku cuts off Anakin's hand, just as Anakin cuts off Luke's hand.

If we get a cheesy line in Ep. III where Count Dooku says "Anakin, I'm your father", I swear, I'll leave the theater

Archived