Home

KOTOR as a TV Series!?

The Source

KOTOR as a TV Series!?

A few days ago, at SciFi.com, I read an intresting article, which stated that Lucas is thinking about a TV series. Unlike his other projects on TV, which were cartoon/animated series, this series would be live actionish.

If KOTOR become a TV series, from who's perspective (PC, Bastilla, Carth, or other) should the story arch be based off from?

I just wonder if this does come to reality, Lucas would want it to be canon material (I assume). Does anyone know if the KotOR series has made the "Official" canon list?

If so, and they decide to use the KotOR timeline (5,000 years before Ep. 1-6), I'd hope they try to introduce Revan, though the whole DS / LS thing would be a huge debate....

Originally posted by ian73

hmm..but tv shows and movies based on actually good video games usually come to be bad..maybe this will be better tho

Agreed

Wing Commander *shudders*, Street fighter *passes out*

Mortal Kombat * awakens, groggy*, MK:Annihilation *Passes out again*

"TOASTY!!!!"

:cool:

^^ Yeah all those films were crap (I'll add Resident Evil to the list) but the source material had no story in the first place. Since Kotor already has a plot, and not a bad one at that, you'd think most of the legwork was already done. I think it'd be difficult to make a mess of a movie/TV adaptation of Kotor. But then Hollywood always finds a way, doesn't it.

Originally posted by nas77

^^ ....I think it'd be difficult to make a mess of a movie/TV adaptation of Kotor. But then Hollywood always finds a way, doesn't it.

That they do. As Ian Malcom would say,"Crap will find a way."

Clarification: I was trying to say, MK was good(not MK:A, though), but the rest were horrid. I almost wish MK boomed so Hollywood would stop trying. Oh well

I would like to see a well done adaptation of KotOr, but that would be like asking Sir Arthur to write another Holmes story.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The series won't be based in that time period. It's going to have Mark Hammil occasionally reprise his role of Luke on the show. ;)

Exactly, at least as far as the latest rumours.

I believe McLeodCorp meant this to be a hypothetical ,"What if", discussion. At least thats the assumption I posted under. The real story is atStar Wars TV Series News .

They probably won't even have the ships look like the ships from the game, remember Wing Commander (but I like the soundtracks of this movie). I can't even tell what class the Tiger Claw is. And the Rapiers don't look like Rapiers (remeber the game they were completely different in arms and looks). And I'm not sure the Rapiers were ever used by the Confederacy, but in a ST armada mod they belong to the Border Worlds (but that might not be entirely true, on the other hand I don't remember the Confeds using them in any game).

Anyway just imagine how they could (and most likely will) mess up the Leviathan and the Republic ships. The only thing that ever worked was a movie BASED game (haven't seen it the other way around yet). But that only was and is with SW and ST, and still a large amount of games didn't work out.

• 2 weeks later...

If it was 3D Animation like they did with Starship Troopers The Roughneck Chronicals, hell, Id watch it EVERYDAY, even the Repeats! ;)

They could also keep the original voice crew, image look, and if they do decide to do a KOTOR Movie, think Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within's graphics souped up at least 300%!

Archived