Home

The first expression of SWBF

stefanlinden

A few friends and I bought a copy of Star Wars Battlefront a few months ago. I play a lot of Halo 2 and naturally kept that in mind when first playing SWBF. At first I was disappointed with the SWBF characters because they were more rigid than Master Chief and didn't feel as if they were as 'in' the game and part of the environment as I liked.

However, when I stopped comparing SWBF to other games and just appreciated it for what it was I started to really enjoy it. Playing on a server with 30 - 40 other people (FART Server :D) I began to appreciate how intense and fun the action can get.

From day 1 I really liked the way the games looks. And even now I'm finding out new things about the game that aren't in the very thin manual :D

My friends have moved on to playing World of Warcraft but I'm sticking put with SWBF. I meet with my clan members (BFD) for a couple of hours a day and we play on a dedicated server with a random map setting. I love the Star Wars environment and haven't tired of any of the maps.

Roll on SWBF 2 and the Death Star! That's whay I say.

When I first planned to get SWBF I was under the impression it was available for Gamecube, the only console system I own (man ive gotta get an xbox or a ps2) But I got over It and got it for computer instead. It is actually the first star wars game ive ever actually bought because well frankly the idea of playing as a main character or hero really doesnt appeal to me, but playing as the average soldier dude who gets blasted five minutes into the movie really appealed to me, ive always liked those guys lol i pay more attention to the background characters then the main one. I loved the game in single player and the first time I played multiplayer I was intimidated, I felt like I was the only one who didnt know what to do, but now im actually halfway decent and play online more.

After beating the campains I began to wonder where the unlockables were, and how could I get the imperial officer? So I came to this site and found out he had been taken out and there were no unlockables, But I still love the game, sure there could have been more options and I would love to see more star wars characters (bespin guards, mos eisly aliens, probe droids, dwarf spider droids) but I still love the game, I can start up a game and feel like I am actually in the movies,

Bring on BF2!!

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

It is actually the first star wars game ive ever actually bought because well frankly the idea of playing as a main character or hero really doesnt appeal to me...

SWBF was not my first Starwars game (it was Starwars Rebel assault II, out in the year 1995)(=the dark ages...), But it was the first SW stategy game, rebel assault II was just a 'shoot-everything-that-moves-game'. But in Starwars Battlefront you can really think about what you are doing next or what you are not doing next. That way I like SWBF more than Rebel Assault II.:biggs:

• 3 weeks later...

Because where else would you get the idea. I actually thought of the idea of SWBF when I was playing 1942 and I was excited about Clone Wars coming out. It was one of those "that would be cool" ideas. It actually is except for the dumber AI, maps, clothes, and vehicles. I can't think of any other way of coming up with this on your own except after playing a game like it.

My first impression on it when I got it, was its just another one ofthose star wars games. But then I played it, and I loved it. Now with BF2 coming out, im completely stoked and ready for the new gameplay, diffrent levels and new characters.

And I know other people including me have said this before....

Battlefront and Battlefield or completely different! I have both games trust me!

Archived