Home

Episode III: Opinions

daltysmilth

Same here. It keeps getting better from episode to episode. It may not get to be as good as A New Hope, but if it's as good as Attack Of The Clones I'll be happy.

I don't like how the prequels are always called "episode". Why don't people and Lucas say TPM, AOTC, ROTS or Phantom, Clones, Sith or Star Wars 1, 2, 3?

I think they've been marked as "Episodes 1, 2, and 3" to prevent people who aren't REALLY into it from thinking that they're sequels. I saw Episode 1 a few days after it had come out (so the theater wasn't packed to the brim with Star Wars fanatics), and there were some very confused people in there, asking where Luke was, or if that kid was Luke as a kid, or whatever.

The main thing I really didn't like about Episode II was the dialogue. Episode I had pretty good dialogue for the most part. What I liked about Episode II was it had a very interesting plot, and the story progressed in a very non-Star Wars way.

Anyway, I agree, the trailers for Episode III do look very impressive. If the trailers are any indication, Revenge of the Sith could easily have the best acting of any of the Star Wars movies. Even out of context, you can just sense the betrayal in Obi-Wan's voice when he screams "You were the Chosen One!" But, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. You see, I've determined how much I enjoy a film depends greatly on my opinion of it before I see it. Almost no film is ever as good as I think it's going to be, and if I think a film is going to be bad, it's almost always better than I thought it would be. If I have no pre-formed opinion of it, it could go either way. It's why I can never watch "Dude, Where's My Car?". No matter how bad it is, it's never going to be as bad as I think it's going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm just planning on going in there with no expectations what-so-ever... if the dialogue in ep2 was anything to go by, i say leave any expectations at the door...

cg and sfx will definitely be t3h awesome-ness-ness...

approach with caution... :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the movie on Sunday, and I must say, it was a HORRIBLY amazing movie. Loved every single bit.

I'm mad at my bladder for making me miss about a minute of it, but other than that, totally amazing.

I recommend it to EVERYONE.

Archived