Home

"I'll take a finger, medium-rare please!"

tags

Isn't exactly new news and i'm not sure if it was ever posted but...

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Woman finds finger in Wendy's chili

No, it's not an urban legend. Yesterday, a woman at a Wendy's in Santa Clara San Jose, California put a spoonful of chili in her mouth, paused, and spit out a human fingertip. From the San Francisco Chronicle:

Santa Clara County Health Officer Dr. Martin Fenstersheib said today the woman was horrified "due to the unpleasant sensation of having this (object) in her mouth...."

The restaurant at 1405 Monterey Highway was temporarily closed Tuesday night to allow health officials to impound the remaining chili, which was prepared on site, using a variety of ingredients. Health officials also seized all of the restaurant's remaining stock of ingredients, which will be inspected, and traced back to their manufacturer.

Since all of the workers at the restaurant were in possession "of all 10 of their fingers," health inspectors assume the finger likely entered the food chain as a result of the manufacturing process, according to county Environmental Resources Director Ben Gale.

....but atleast it's cooked! right?...

Originally posted by Pal™

I saw it a while ago, but its strange how she couldn't of seen that before she put it in her mouth.

Thats what I say to all these incidents.

At the same time, with this one. How could this have gone unchecked. I mean if my freaking finger got cut off and fell somewhere I would go looking for it and tell somebody incase it was bad. Wouldnt you?

However, in the fraud article...I saw this:

There are unconfirmed reports that police are looking for a possible connection between the finger and a deceased aunt of Ayala.
DISGUSTING.

I was hoping my second quote sparked something.

I was getting at the fact that this sentence implies the following.

This woman took her dead aunts finger and placed it in her chilli at Wendy's all to get money off them for her own selfishness. WTFOMFG?!

well wendy's prolly only pays $6 an hour i bet, the workers undergo alot of stress during rush hour, the person's boss was probably a bitch, so why the **** not?

(i've worked at pizza hut before, i know what RGMs and ****ty managers are like, they'll turn you to the dark side!!!)

of course i haven't done anything of that nature, well the one time i separated the 2 chicken wings on a WHOLE box...i put the drumstick in one bag and the wing in the other, so if someone didn't like the wings, they got a 50/50 chance of getting what they wanted. :joy: like the lottery, what are the chances? and i only did that once cause i was bored and mad at the manager.

Somehow, I'm reminded of a certain episode of South park.

At the same time, with this one. How could this have gone unchecked. I mean if my freaking finger got cut off and fell somewhere I would go looking for it and tell somebody incase it was bad. Wouldnt you?

Yeah, when I first read it, I was wondering about that too.

Maybe someone wanted to get rid of a body and threw it in the chili chopping machine thingy :eek:.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived