Home

Punk Music

Mandalorian54

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Yes, your choice in music is vastly superior to all others. AND only what you listen to is real punk, that other crap can go die, rotten sellout scumbags.

Oh yeah, and nobody cares.

I dont know the code for the "Im with stupid" smilie, so Im just sayin it :p

Outrider, real punk only ever existed before you were even a lusty thought in your daddy's mind... where were you in the late 70s ???

mtfbwya

Originally posted by toms

Real punk only existed for about 12 months in the UK. The stuff that came out in the US was never real punk.

Though my definition of "real" may vary from others... ;):p

you gotta rememeber tho Toms, there were a few americans involved in the development of the pistols look and sound :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by TheOutrider

Punk owns all other music, real punk not crap pop punk....

Couldn't help it.

Does that include Green Day? Cause if so you're a hypocrite for telling me you liked them.

Anyhow, I like Green Day and Avenged Sevenfold. I also like Sum 41, and I can't think of any others at the moment.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

you gotta rememeber tho Toms, there were a few americans involved in the development of the pistols look and sound :)

mtfbwya

LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!!

my underlying point is that everyone has a different definition of what "real" music is... usually closely related to their own likes and dislikes.

Originally posted by Mandalorian54

Most people seems to have their own way of classifying music, putting different bands in different catagories. It's so confusing. I just go by whatever catagory I find them in a music store. If they're in the punk section I'll call them Punk. I'm not going to make up my own system.

It seems every band has its own genre nowadays...

You know, I have pairs of underwear that are older than this debate.

Let me clear this up.

EVERYTHING is punki now days. New punk sucks, because it's a watered down version of what us old timers used to listen too. There is nothing exciting about it anymore. I used to love punk, but I got tired of it.

The punk I grew up with:

Joy Division

Misfits

Naked Raygun

Black Flag

Dead Kennedys

The Clash

Minor Threat

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Actually Joy Division inspired post-punk.

They were among the first post punk bands. They later inspired gothic rock.

Other punk bands I forgot to mention: Siouxsie And The Banshees (their ealry stuff) and The Birthday Party.

Technically Joy-Division inspired post-punk, but is in all regards considered modern punk. Their music may sound as if it is a throwback to original punk AKA old school punk, but it really is their own unique "punkish" sound. Oh, and I won't even delve into the complexities of deriving chart punk pop and tru punk.

All in all, I own you all as do my musical tastes. Now for a semi-funny picture that is completely unrelated to the topic that will make me look like a bigger ass.

image.jpg

ph33r

Listen to Joy Division when they were Warsaw. Punk as freaking John Lydon himself.

God music sucks anymore.

You should all just listen to some David Bowie, not only will you get a fair sample of different music styles, then you wil all feel better, instead of getting into these stupid heated debates about music and the endless array of sub-genres.

Bowie = +1 Pseudo-Quasi Punk = 0

quiz_right.jpg

While I appreciate the old punk for creating punk, I can't stand much of it, too old fashioned for me. My dad listens to Blondie alot and I have alot of respect for them, Blondie is such a diverse band and really explored music.

I really like where Punk is today, I just love it. I play the guitar and might start a band with some friends. I go to alot of concerts too, last one I went to was Rise Against.

Archived