Home

MGS TTS a movie?

Metal Gear Solid "The Twin Snakes" a movie?

What do you think? Hold on a sec, I know... Games to movies, or movies to games normally suck. BUT, Twin Snakes already has over 4 hours of cutscenes. It would be kinda tough to throw in all the information into one movie, but still. The game itself is practically a movie. It takes about 4 hours to beat, and has over 4 hours of cutscenes. The storyline is one of the best I have ever seen in a game. What do you think?

I think it could happen, and be a hit. It would probably be rated R (the game is rated M.)

BTW, someone needs to advertise this section of the forum more, no one posts here often. ;)

It should probably stay as a game. Otherwise it would be ripping off the Matrix! :p

But if it did become a movie, I'd watch it anyways! And yeah, it would obviously be rated R....

I'll post a cast list later... ;)

Jean Claud Van Dam looks simular to snake. Its just his voice that would be a problem. The guy who played Punisher might also do well.

Im not sure about the rest of the cast though.

Hmm... you might be right about matrix. If they cut the slow motion out it would work out, though.

Check this site here:

http://www.konami.com/gs/twinsnakes/official/flash/index.html

It contains a 26 minute long twin snakes trailer! Spoilers galore... showing some of every boss battle, even the final battle.

Also, just so you guys know, Twin Snakes is a remake of the classic Metal Gear Solid, originally released for PlayStation in 1998, I think. It contained one of the greatest video game story lines... ever. Its like an interactive movie. Twin Snakes added in better gameplay, and drastically improved graphics. Not to mention, revoicing all the characters (same actors) and brand new motion capture cutscenes (as can be seen in the trailer).

Like I said, it has over 4 hours of cutscenes.

This site already has a cast list.

They're pretty good choices, but of course, I have some of my own.

Hugh Jackman as Solid Snake

Sean Bean as Liquid Snake

David Carradine as Ocelot

Sean Connery as Big Boss

Michael Shanks as Otacon

Anthony Hopkins as Roy Campbell

Marcia Cross as Naomi Hunter

Zhang Ziyi as Mei Ling

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Raven

Danny Glover as Donald Anderson

...and I guess that's it for now. ;)

Those are good choices. But I started thinking about it, and why not leave it 3D-- with motion capture and the proper voice actors it would really feel like Metal Gear Solid. I don't know, I kinda think older viewers won't be as attracted to it, when its "animated." But it still looks cool...

Archived