Home

Clone Wars Mini-Campaign Thread

razorace

Ok, since Anakin killed the aotctc site/forums, I'm encouraging any of the people attached with the Clone Wars project to come use the OJP forums until a time where Clone Wars has a dedicated website again.

Anyway, the current plan for Clone Wars is mini-campaign with an original story that is set up for OJP CoOp. The theme is about a group of 4 jedis (played by players) who are sent on a mission to investigate/destroy a secret Seperatist weapon lab set up to create anti-jedi weapons. The campaign will consist of 5ish maps including:

- The Arena Battle on Genosis (either as a bonus map or as the intro battle) (mmorales is handling this map)

- Merc Outpost - A strike force of 4 jedi seek answers to intel about a secret Seperatists Anti-Jedi Weapons Lab.

- Infitration of Lab

- Attempt to Destroy Lab

- Escape from Lab

We could use some additional help but don't contact us unless you're absolutely certain that you're going to be able to contribute.

Just dropping by to let the team know that i'm still working on the models pack, sounds are near completion but i still need sounds for:

-Kit Fisto

-Mace Windu

-Barriss

-Luminara

I'm thinking i should get sounds from the game for death, pain etc...since i have no other source material.

Next will be npc's/bots. Also need your opinion on team colors, would it be a good idea to include them or not?

You can hear the sounds and see some in-game screenshots right here (the 2 files at the bottom):

http://members.lycos.co.uk/psychosith/downloads/

Excellent! Anakin said he was gonna set up a new forum for "aotctc" but we all know he's not the most... consistent administrator! :rolleyes:

Anywho I am definitely keen to continue this! I've been looking at organising a new website design, so Psyk0 if you could email me some screenshots of the models that'd be great!

Also, were you still planning to release the models independently of a mod? Because I still think we could wait and release them at the same time as the mod? It's your work anyway so publish as you see fit, so long as CW has permission to use them of course! :p

Yes, I understand but... what we REALLY need is a site that displays the work completed exclusively for the mod itself. This way we can encourage input from the community and perhaps even attract some help! Even if just for a little while... or just releasing SOME of the models.

I'm trying to work with an animating program, with which i can make new animations and replace old ones with the new, or create animations for custom skeletons/models etc.

But I am just starting to learn how to use it. It's called Dragon and it was built especially for JK2/3. Quite good, just gonna take a little getting used to when i have some time to dedicate to it.

Not saying it's a definite but it might prove useful if I can learn how to use the program fully. We shall see...

OK cool thanks Psyk0.

If you're going to release the model pack, it may actually run as good publicity... I'll try to get a site up and maybe we can link to this thread as our forum for now...

So our current priority is the 5-map mini co-op campaign.

Did we agree on what time period we'd be setting this in? I know we want to do the 'Holowan Mechanicals' MagnaGuard factory, and interestingly there were a few different "models" of Guard, indicated by black, alabaster, blue and the rare grey. I personally think it should be based closer to the events of episode 3 since we don't know from when the Guards were first employed, and we can have the different available models that may have been constructed over time. The ones in the second volume of the clone wars tv series all seemed pretty new, but the ones that Anakin and Obi-Wan fight on the bridge of Grievous' ship in Revenge are veterans. So "veterans" could be "boss-like" or something. I don't know... but I definitely think it should be later in the Clone Wars, leading up to just before Grievous goes to Coruscant, so the players can battle Grievous (gathering guards for the assault) and he escapes to go on to Coruscant! That way it doesn't matter if the Factory is destroyed! :rolleyes:

Well yeah, fair enough, but the points I made remain valid. Plus, Pretty much all the Jedi that had seen the MagnaGuards were killed by them, as far as I know, which is why there were Veteran guards. Anakin and Obi-Wan, or any of the other characters that have been modelled for that matter, didn't know what the MagnaGuards were until the invasion of Coruscant, so we can't use them anyway! We'd have to re-skin them as different characters, defeating the purpose of having to set the campaign in an earlier time period.

My original thoughts were that the boss would be General Grevious and some droid prototypes. However, since we now know that Grevious was present at the Arena Battle, that does put a damper on Grevious being a "new" baddie after that point.

Anyway, I'm thinking that modifed "normal" battle droids that weild sabers/electrostaffs could be the primary anti-jedi weapons that the players would face. The idea being that the scientists would use the basic battle droid as a test bed for the improved AI and mechanics required for a MagnaDroid.

The AI and mechanics were already established. The MG's were modified assassin droids (IG- series) and benefitted from the same combat programming that is in Grievous' cyborb brain-implants, and Grievous himself was reconstructed by the Separatists.

What's wrong with setting it later on? If we get a MG model, we can give the different levels different colouring. If you just have one every now and then amidst the Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids, with Grievous being a final enemy, there are no issues with timelines or anything?

I'd like to have your opinion for NPC behavior, i was thinking all of them should be player friendly...havent tried this yet, but should allow us to spawn our small army:

Let's say (at least) 2 people play on a server, they could spawn their own "army" to battle it out with the other human player(s), light against dark.

Anyway like i said i havent tried this yet so i dunno if this would work.

Is the Clone Wars mod still going down the cel-shaded route, or are you just using standard shading (for want of a better phrase)?

If it isn't cel-shaded, then i'd be happy to donate my map once it's complete (@Razorace - I think you've already had a look at it). It's going to be a couple of months away yet though...

WIP @ http://www.map-review.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1235

example: http://img162.echo.cx/img162/3171/muun093wv.jpg

It's being designed for SP use, so i'm not sure if it would work properly with the MP engine or the co-op you're all developing (but i'll let you worry about that:) )

Archived