Home

BOUNTY HUNTERS: REBEL OUTPOST map released

Rends

The final Version of the second Bounty hunter Map is out!

SWBH2_1.JPG

You can download it at :

http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=1050

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Bounty_Hunters_Rebel_Outpost;40392x#575578

Should be at Gametoast.com soon!

The Rebel Outpost map can be played at the Galactic Civil War era .

Historical Background:

The Bounty Hunter Team learned that wanted Han Solo might be at a Rebel Outpost on a cold small unnamed Moon used as Scrapyard.

Play again one of 5 most dangerous Bounty Hunters of the Galaxis.

You can choose between the Tusken Chief, Delta 669, IG-88 Droid, Geonosian and the Gamorrean

There are also some usable wrecks on the map but use them at your own risk!

Installation: Copy the folder "Bounty2" to your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn" directory.

Changes since betatest release:

- Correct Camerashots added

- Correct IG-88 Droid DM models added (thanks to Saturn5)

- Imp Hero bonus voice deleted

- Gunship DM settings lowered

- Missing watertile added

- terrain bumpmap texture changed

- gianspeeder moved inside battlefield

- replaced the rebel transport with a better model. Collision detection is way better now.

- terrainheight corrections

- Minimap added

- Movie added

Known Issues:

- When using IG-88 Droid grapplinghook the screen flicker between ingame and character selection screen in multiplayer.(hardcoded unfixable for me)

- Gamorrean turn Shields on/off if throwing grenades. ( unfixable because i think that the droideka shield was made and tested as single secondary weapon without supporting greanades.)

Credits:

SaturnV

Dragonum

and the Battlefront Community for the Betatest Feedback!

Enjoy,

Rends

An Awesome Map Rends. I just got through playing it. It's very well crafted. I like how it's hilly yet has some open areas that don't take away from the feel that it's a pitted wasteland/junkyard.

The Way the vehicles are placed (I'm talking about the once you can use) makes it look like they really were abandoned. It has a very dark feel to it. Almost eerie.

The Map objects are place well and I like that some of the areas seem to make it so that one class of the bounty hunters has a bit of an advantage. The small areas are good for the Tusken's staff and the Gammorean's Axe, the larger areas as well as catwalks good for Delta 669. The Geo can get into areas where enemies are concetrated and blow them all up. And IG-88 has that very useful grapple hook. Like in that secret base outpost, nice little maze like thing, but I used IG's grapple and swung up and over. Excellent work. Keep it up.

Oh, one little glitch I found. You know where you have 2 Millenium Falcons partly on top of eachother, well I found that if you don't jump high enough, you fall in the top most one. Easily solved by jumping out the way you came in.

Nice job Rends!

I noticed something minor though. Where we select what team to play on... it appears that both Green & Red Icons don't show up together. This must be due to the fact that Pandemic only hard coded 2 different factions and 2 eras.

I hope "someone" has forwarded all your known (hard coded) issues to Pandemic!

Thanks!

Jet

Hey Rends,

That was quick! I'm going to download it now.

I didn't know about the useable wrecks.:eek:

UPDATE:

I've been playing a lot of singleplayer and it can get quite tough and intense at times, especially when I play against the Bounty Hunters.:D

The IG-88 is so very smooth to use in singleplayer. I still like to use him in multiplayer and will get used to the jumpy movements and screen changes.

Dedicated 'mod' server hosts - please add this to your rotation :)

It'll be great to play this map with a few humans.

Rends, you've certainly got the the balance right on this map. The size, the amount of open terrain, the scenery, the objects, the atmosphere, the layout and last but not least the characters make this a top class map.

Archived