Home

EA buys out NCAA Football license

ckcsaber

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Link

I really shouldn't be suprised. But I still am. I didn't think the NCAA would allow something like this, but I was wrong again. EA now has exclusive licenses with the NFL, AFL, and NCAA Football.

Great. Just ****ing great.

They also bought out ESPN license, but theres ways around that.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Anyway, you shouldn't be supprised EA a scared that their compettitors can make better games than them so they are getting exclusive rights to every sport and league they can.

:( Yeah, that's exactly how many I feel...

OMG video game monopoly! :eek:

Originally posted by ET Warrior

If nobody else made NCAA football games, and nobody else were a threat to EA, why would they spend the money to get a six year contract with them?

To prevent any real competition in the area?

College Football's popularity is on the rise, as will be other companies wanting to take a foothold in the area.

But really.....no one really competes in NCAA football that even compares to EA....so in my opinion its a waste of money.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

EA already owns 20% of Ubisoft, they've made bids to get more of it, but Ubisoft doesn't want them to.

I love Ubisoft. EA would just ruin Ubi, treat the workers like crap and just produce sequels which have maybe 2 things added on.

And theres a huge bug on my screen which won't go away. :'(

he he he...another "OMG...EA JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER FRANCHISE" whinefest..

this isnt a klingon battlefield, theres no *honour* and all that crap.. EA is a frickin multinational business... It is behaving *exactly* like a multinational business does.. so surely you cant be surprised about that ??

just keep boycotting their titles if you feel that strongly about it....until they release a title you *really* like :p

*goes off to play FIFA street and Tiger Woods 2005*

mtfbwya

Aren't there any anti-competetive practice laws or monopoly laws over there?

As far as i know the Ubisoft takeover was blocked by the french government due to monopoly concerns. If EA owns a monopoly on all sports licenses it has to be anti-competetive.

Besides, i can't see EA actually being able to USE all these licenses.... it seems like they are just buying some of them to stop other companies having competing products.

darn trouble with capitalism... leads to uncompetetive monopolies...

Originally posted by Pal™

Hahah, that game got somewhere around a 3.4 in the magazine I have. I don't think thats a title anyone really likes.

OMG...IT got a bad reviewz...I better take it back.....!!!! seriously. reviews are highly subjective things, and Astro has no time to think about what others think of a damn compy game. Best thing is to try it out yourself!! Its damn fun, SP and MP, just like fifa 2005 :p

*kicks pro evo ppl in the nuts*

...back on topic :p

maybe amnesty international will hear your geeky pleas that EA is exploiting middle and upper class kids and their parents around the world...... :(

here's the link for y'all too

http://www.amnesty.org

[/rasberry] :p

mtfbwya

Archived