Home

Conker: Live & Reloaded

tags

i'm not quite sure if it's a straight up copy, but I have "heard" rumors about them changing the stry a lil bit from the original version. more info HERE. you may have to click around a bit until you find the info you want but it is there!

Originally posted by KBell

Looks too........kiddy based to me.

I sincerely hope you're joking. :indif:

My best friend introduced me to the N64 version not too long ago. Make no mistake, Conker stars in one drunken, sick and perverted game. This is definitely something you wouldn't want to play around small children. With (literally) rivers of poo to swim (yes, swim!) in, copious alcohol consumption (and purging of said intoxicant), very thinly disguised jokes about sex and homosexuality, and swearing up the wazoo (only the f-word is bleeped out), this isn't a game for the faint hearted. I shudder at the thought of playing the poo level with the graphical enhancements for the Xbox.

I do have to admit that the gameplay was spot on. It had some pretty funny parts, too.

"Ooh! It's like the screaming sh*ts, it is!" :p

conker does rock... but its basically a graphical makover of the original game... then with some sort of 3rd person deathmatch added (:confused: )

So, unless the third person multiplayer turns out to be unexpectedly great you are better off buying an n64 as it would cost half the price.

Or use the Project64 emulator and play the original on your pc, for even less... :D

Still, that fur mapping does look nice!

Conker is probably the best "comedy" game ever made, possibly the best platformer ever made and almost certainly the best movie parody game ever made. So i wouldn't call it kiddy. the humour can be kind of juvenile at times... but in a very adult way...

[edit] hang on, did the original have multiplayer deathmatch too? :confused:

The story of Conker:

Coker was originally a kid-based game for N64 made by Rare named Twelve Tales: Conker 64. But was cancelled and then made into Conker's Bad Fur Day. Later, Rare once again made a kid-based Conker game for Game Boy Color named Conker's Pocket Tales and released it.

I, personally, have never played a Conker game, and don't intend to.

Although I am a fan of Rare for their great games such as Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye.

dont forget that Conker was a sweet innocent squirrel in Diddy Kong Racing. Then his next game was CBFD for the N64, and now L&R...

o and the Cows and prune juice was a good part..."Screaming sh!ts"

if you payed close attention to the games he's starred in, the games are all on different consoles...

Originally posted by jebbers

dont forget that Conker was a sweet innocent squirrel in Diddy Kong Racing. Then his next game was CBFD for the N64...

if you payed close attention to the games he's starred in, the games are all on different consoles...

LIES! Diddy Kong Racing was for N64 too!!:mad:

Played the demo last night and, erm, meh...

If you haven't played the original then it would be great... but if you have played the original then there are about 2 minutes where you are impressed by the new graphics.... but once you get into actually concentrating on playing it is EXACTLY like the original.

Unless they are adding a whole load of new content i'm not sure i'd bother getting it if i had got/played the original. Unless it was dirt cheap.

Originally posted by BongoBob

Yes, but for my friend whos 64 works every once in a blue moon, it's a great thing.

But he could buy a new n64 for less than the price of an xbox game! :D

BTW, I also heard that Microsoft actually censored MORE than the F-words, that the S-words were bleeped out too. OH THE IRONY!

Its censored too??? there will be no dialogue left!!!

Archived