Home

Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.

IG-64

I just got my tickets last night for the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. :D

And, it seems like they are just going on sale, so go! Go and purchase!

This has been a Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.

Originally posted by Acrylic

I don't understand why people get their tickets early. In my city, they never get sold out. Even if it's a really popular movie, there's always at least a couple seats left.

Lmao

I was thinking the same thing.

I think its a waste of money, but eh, what do I know :p I work at the movie theatre and there's no point in preordering tickets :)

How come everyone works at theatres? :p

As for the advance buying thing, i'm going to the midnight showing, and I didn't want to take any chances.

More people will probably go to this one than the other 2, because it is the last one, and the whole "new starwars" thing has already sunk in.

Originally posted by IG-64

I just got my tickets last night for the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. :D

And, it seems like they are just going on sale, so go! Go and purchase!

This has been a Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.

*Shoots*

Ergh, I'm probably seeing it a week after it comes out :D

they actually went on sale here over a week ago... :)

I was very lucky in that I have a client who manages a deluxe theatre chain here(Village Gold Class for any Oz ppl here) These theatres have only 30 'chairs', which recline so you can put your feet up !! You get finger food/drinks served(if you want to of course) during the movie. He got me three tickets for the opening day, which otherwise had all sold out within minutes. w00t ! Im not going to the midnite session because I am working on wednesday 18 and I will be too damn tired. i will just wait till noon the next day and enjoy it in that awesome setting !

cant wait !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

they actually went on sale here over a week ago... :)

I was very lucky in that I have a client who manages a deluxe theatre chain here(Village Gold Class for any Oz ppl here) These theatres have only 30 'chairs', which recline so you can put your feet up !! You get finger food/drinks served(if you want to of course) during the movie. He got me three tickets for the opening day, which otherwise had all sold out within minutes. w00t ! Im not going to the midnite session because I am working on wednesday 18 and I will be too damn tired. i will just wait till noon the next day and enjoy it in that awesome setting !

cant wait !

mtfbwya

Do they have bedpans?! :eek:

Originally posted by Spider AL

I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

7 bucks............short on funds are we?

I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

We have a heretic among us, men! Draw your plastic lightsabers! Burn him at the stake!

*snicker*

:wstupid:

Do you guys realy think Luca$ will put much effort in ep 3 since they WILL make money no matter how crappy it is? Luca$ knows that people will watch this regardless to fill in the space.

He doesn't have to make it well thought out for the film to be successful. He has proven that with the other two preqils.

Noone cares what your opinion on the prequels are, and if all you care to do is spout your "superior" cinematic tastes, I suggest you go somewhere where people actually care for what you say. IMDB boards perhaps?

And I think considering how well the dvd's sold after the theatrical release shows that some people must think they're good movies.

I love Star Wars, but I think the holiday special and the ewok adventures sucked. And I dislike most EU.

And no, I can see faults in Star Wars, but guess what, every movie has faults. You have to learn that not everyone is going to sit there and drone to make a movie absolutely perfect. You'll never find a flawless movie. People that make it their sole purpose to critique movies instead of enjoying them like a normal person should learn that noone gives a **** how "superior" their tastes in cinema are.

If you want to criticise movies, make a thread for you to criticise the movie, don't hijack a perfectly fine thread just so you can post retarded comments with absolutely no base.

Yeah... George Lucas must really be laughing behind his beard after spending over 30 years of his life working on Star Wars... Now to make a bundle of cash all he has to do is work 12+ hours a day with no day off during a 3 year period on a movie he doesn't even care about... then he can buy two feraris, ride them like skis and call everyone suckers as he rides pass them in the streets of San Francisco ! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Noone cares what your opinion on the prequels are, and if all you care to do is spout your "superior" cinematic tastes, I suggest you go somewhere where people actually care for what you say. IMDB boards perhaps?

And I think considering how well the dvd's sold after the theatrical release shows that some people must think they're good movies.

I love Star Wars, but I think the holiday special and the ewok adventures sucked. And I dislike most EU.

And no, I can see faults in Star Wars, but guess what, every movie has faults. You have to learn that not everyone is going to sit there and drone to make a movie absolutely perfect. You'll never find a flawless movie. People that make it their sole purpose to critique movies instead of enjoying them like a normal person should learn that noone gives a **** how "superior" their tastes in cinema are.

If you want to criticise movies, make a thread for you to criticise the movie, don't hijack a perfectly fine thread just so you can post retarded comments with absolutely no base.

what are you talking about? I was just agreing with spider al and explaining our position in detail.

As for saying "retarded comments with absolutly no base," I thought insults will not be tolerated.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

As for saying "retarded comments with absolutly no base," I thought insults will not be tolerated.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize words had emotions.

And your position is not wanted here, make your own thread for your position. Ruining someone elses thread designed for those that actually wish to see a movie and flamebaiting are not wanted.

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

Notice that he's insulting your comments, not you personally. This is not considered flaming.

Anyway, it's totally flawed to base your opinion of the movie on the two before it. RotS has extreme potential to be considered the best movie in the whole saga - not just of the prequels, I mean all of them. "Luca$" may be making some big bucks off his movies, but he's not in it for the money, and if you had watched the documentaries you'd know that. He makes the movies because he likes the story, not the fame that comes from it.

I'm seeing it the day it's out, but I don't think I'll be needing to get my tickets early. It wasn't a problem for Attack of the Clones. :)

Archived