Home

Aerosmith Project

Vikinor

I actually got a school project that I will like! We have to do a project on these different musicians/bands and I got Aerosmith! And that is pretty cool being that you had to put your hand in a box and randomly pull out a name.

I like Aerosmith and all, but I'm not a HUGE fan. So I am wondering if anyone knows some pretty cool stuff about them that I don't know. It would probably help me out a bunch.

That link doesn't work...

Whatcha need to know? :)

Lets see....

Aerosmith originated in the summer of 69. They played around in local gigs, schools, malls, nothing big. Eventually, they were discovered by Columbia records, and released their first album, the self-titled Aerosmith LP, in 1973. The name of the band came from Joey Kramer, the drummer, who wrote it all over his books and notebooks in highschool. It was just a word he made up. Most of their influences were blues/rock. Their first album didn't go big nationaly, but it was a big hit in the New England area. After doing a short tour, they got back to the studios and started working on Get Your Wings. It was released in 1974. Originally, the name was going to be Night In The Ruts, and when the letters are switched around, you get "Right In The Nuts". :)

1975 is the year Aerosmith went big. They released Toys In The Attic, which had tracks such as Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, and Big Ten Inch. It quickly went platnum, and they did a world tour that year. 1976 produced what many think of as their best album ever, Rocks. This had the hits Back In The Saddle and Last Child.

Next came Draw The Line in 1977. This sparked another world tour.

By now, Aerosmith was a household name. They were known as America's Rock Band. All of their shows sold out in seconds. But then tradegy hit.

Since Aerosmith was making a lot of money, they had a lot of things to by. They were big drug abusers. The band would go stoned to most of their concerts, barely hitting their notes. Steven Tyler would even sometimes pass out on stage from over dosing, but he always made it through... somehow. He made it look like a game, coming in on the shoulders of the lead guitarist, Joe Perry, the crowd not realizing he was too stoned to stand. But when he reached the microphone, he came alive.

The band produced two more albums, Live Bootleg, a colelction of some of their best live performances, and Night In The Ruts, which was a heavy-drug abused album. It was not popular, and Aerosmith started to die out.

Joe Perry and Tyler would fight a lot about stupid things. Eventually, their friendship broke, and Joe Perry left the band. He was replaced by Jimmy Crespo. Joe Perry started his own band, The Joe Perry Project, and did gigs just like early Aerosmith, schools and small venues.

Soon after, Steven Tyler got into a motorcycle accident going to see his daughter, Mia. This delayed the production of their next album.

Brad Whitford also became sick of the progress Aerosmith wasn't making, so he left and produced an album with his friend, St. Holmes. He was replaced by Rick Dufray.

In 1982, Rock In A Hard Place was released. By now, Aerosmith was overshadowed by other bands, like Van Halen, so no one noticed the album. Many fans also left because it wasn't the same without Perry. The album sounded awful, because Tyler came to the studio every day stoned, and could barely get any lyrics for the songs, and when he did, he could barely say them. A short tour was done thru 83-84.

One day in 1984, Perry and Whitford decided to stop by to see their old friends. After the show, the band all talked together. They realized they needed each other.

Valentines Day that year, the band announced they got back together. They were planning a celebrational tour, nicknamed Back In The Saddle, for 84-85.

The tour did not go well. All though many fans rushed to see their favorite band re-united, Tyler and Perry still were heavily stoned, and Tyler continued to not give a good show. Soon, the band entered rehab.

Out of rehab, they were ready to produce their first album since they rejoined. They were hoping for something big, but Done With Mirrors, the name of the album, did not reach the expectations of their critics and fans. The name of the album was thought of by Perry, which meant magic, just like how Aerosmith was back together.

The band stayed strong, and continued touring. They released two more albums, Classics Live I and II. They captured the band's live performanced perfectly. They were released in 1986.

Also in that year, Aerosmith joined up with Run DMC to produce a rap version of Walk This Way. This was the first time a hybrid of rock and rap was popular with everyone, and it brought many white people to the rap scence.

Aerosmith entered the studios again, and produced the comeback they wanted. In 1987, Permeant Vacation was released, and it reached out to a lot of younger fans with hits like Angel, Dude (Looks Like A Lady), and Rag Doll. They continued touring, and were once again the popular band they were in the 70s.

Pump was released in 1990. It had so many people hooked, with tracks like Janie's got A Gun, Love In An Elevator, and What It Takes.

Aerosmith was considered more of a "pop" band now, but they were still the rockers they are now. 1993 produced the multi-award winning album Get A Grip, which had songs like Eat The Rich, Crazy, and two of the biggest hits at the time, Livin On The Edge and Cryin'.

In 1994, they released Big Ones, a compilation of their last 3 albums. They also gave a stunning performance at Woodstock II.

Nine Lives, the 1997 album, was delayed a few times because of new managment/Joe Kramer being depressed. When everything was set, they released the album, and did a world tour.

In 1998, they had their first #1 on the USA Charts, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. This song was recorded for the movie Armagedon, which featured Liv Tyler, his daughter. The tour, however, was cut short when Tyler injured himself during Mama Kin, when he hit his knee with the microphone stand.

2001 produced another "pop" album, Just Push Play. They did a world tour for this album, also.

Aerosmith toured non-stop, and in 2004, they released their blues album, Honkin On Bobo, a tribute to their inspiration.

And finally, Aerosmith took a break in 2005. Joe Perry has just finished his solo album, the self titled album, Joe Perry. It is set for release this year on May 3.

*Takes a deep breath* Sad ting is, I didn't look at any sources for ANY of this. :) I know it all by memory. If you need anymore info, just ask, I probably know it.

And for their discography, check my site:

http://www.thelastchild.net

Just a few more things....

The Band:

Steven Tyler (Vocals) [1969-Now]

Joe Perry (Lead Guitar) [1969-1979, 1984-Now]

Brad Whitford (Guitar) [1969-1981/1984-Now]

Joey Kramer (Drums) [1969-Now]

Tom Hamilton (Bass) [1969-Now]

Jimmy Crespo [1980-1984]

Rick Dufray [1981-1984]

Steven Tyler's real last name is Tallarico.

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are often called the Toxic Twins.

Big Ten Inch was originally a skit by Dr. Demento. It is a mystery if Steven Tyler says "Suck on my big ten inch" or "Cept for my big ten inch". Check here for more info:

http://thelastchild.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=156

Walk This Way is about a sexual encounter with a cheerleader in high school.

Steven Tyler got divorced in February 2005. The reason is unknown.

Steven Tyler appeared in Be Cool, a movie.

Some Aerosmith covers (Pre Honkin On Bobo):

Come Together (Beatles)

Milk Cow Blues (Elvis)

Think About It (Jimmy Page)

Remember (Some 50's band, can't remember the name)

Rattlesnake Shake (Fleetwood Mac)

Walkin The Dog (Rufus Thomas)

Cry Me A River (Julie London)

Steven Tyler perfomed with AC/DC when they were inducted in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame in 2003.

Zbomber

Name me one other band that spans that many decades and has NEVER "faded" out of existance? They have been kickin' it for years and you'd be hard pressed to find a "bad" tune by them. :D

So I'm with you on the Aerosmith fan club man.

Nothin' better than drivin' a fast car out on the town listening to "love in an elevator."

Hey what's everyones favorite aerosmith tunes????

I like a few Aerosmith songs. Mainly the ones from 1990's up to now because I wasn't alive past 1990 :p

Hey ZBomber I noticed something. On your LF profile your date of birth is in 1989 and on thelastchild.net it says 1918. Am I missing something?

And you know any more interesting stuff about Aerosmith that is probably hard to dig up somewhere else?

Originally posted by VikingLarz

I like a few Aerosmith songs. Mainly the ones from 1990's up to now because I wasn't alive past 1990 :p

Hey ZBomber I noticed something. On your LF profile your date of birth is in 1989 and on thelastchild.net it says 1918. Am I missing something?

And you know any more interesting stuff about Aerosmith that is probably hard to dig up somewhere else?

1918 was the last time Red Sox won the World Series before 2004. ;)

Hmm, one concert in 1978 in Pennsylvannia, a glass bottle was thrown on stage and hit Steven Tyler in the face. The concert was cut early after completeing only 5 songs. Because of this, and an earlier incident involving fireworks being sent into the stage, Aerosmith avoided Philadelphia for awhile.

Link

Yay for TLC.net! Join the forums and spread the love (although watch out for Gore...).

Originally posted by The Hidden One

Well Metallica is pretty much the only rock I listen to.

That's retarded on so many leves.

Originally posted by The Hidden One

Well Metallica is pretty much the only rock I listen to.

Not rock.

Bay Area Thrash Metal. :indif:

As Zed knows, I really like I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

"Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure..."

*Sechses Herminator and Zed*

Archived