Home

Matrix Relived

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcon spoke out, "We're not going to eat in the Matrix because there's nothing to eat..." NeoVenom couldn't believe the conversation Jokemaster and Rogue were having. Zaphire just laughed. After a couple of minutes have passed, the group finally made it to the entrance of the restaurant, which apparently was inside a business building. "Didn't Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity go into this same exact restaurant?" Zaphired asked. NeoVenom nodded to Zaphire. Arcon walked into the building first, NeoVenom followed him as the others. "We have to go upstairs." Arcon pushed a button to call down an elevator. People inside the building gave weird looks to the Solaris group and some murmured under their breathe as Arcon and the others waited for the elevator.

"I remember the taste," Beth said. Her voice was low, but audible. She turned to Jokemaster. "There are two things that prevent me from enjoying it as you seem to be intent on doing. First, I know it does me no nutritional good. Second, I also remember the taste of blood... my own and others."

She turned away. "This taste prevents me from taking anything lightly in this imaginary world."

((Jokemaster, though your character might be a little creeped out by this confession, he will learn to be honored by it. This is the first time Beth has come out of her shell since whatever it is that happened and she chose you. ;) ))

The "ding" noise could be heard indicating that the elevator dropped down to the floor Arcon and his group were on. The elevator doors opened and Arcon entered first, followed by NeoVenom and Zaphired. Zaphire held her finger onto the "open" button as they waited for everyone else to enter the elevator.

Jokemaster was pleased by Beth's response. It was one of the rare times she'd said more than 'yes' or 'no' directly to him.

In the elevator he said "Y'know you're right. Radar, grab my legs and start moving them forward and back again and again."

"Heh...glad you all are getting along." said NeoVenom. Zaphire let go of the button and the elevator door close. She then presses on the floor the Merovingian wants the Solaris group to meet him at. While the elevator was going up, Arcon spoke out, "Whatever you do, we don't take out our guns. Who knows how many Exiles are in this place." Zaphire spoke out as well, "Yeah...I heard that the Twins are still alive." NeoVenom made a puzzled face, "I thought Morpheus killed them." "So did I..." replied Arcon.

"Then let us hope that this meeting doesn't end up in chaos." Arcon replied. But in the back of his head, he knew that what Beth said is true. Majority of meeting with sides opposing other sides end up bad. The doors of the elevator opened and a man behind a patio can be seen on the opposite side of the hall. Arcon took the lead and left the elevator first, the others followed. "Ah...the Merovingian awaits for you, Arcon." The man said as he extended his left hand toward a door adjacent to him. Arcon opened the door leading to the restaurant. The restaurant was of high class. Napkins, knifes, forks...everything was perfectly placed on tables, chandeliers made up of diamonds hung from the ceiling, and the curtain that are mellow red were made of silk. At the far end of the restaurant, the group can see the Merovingian, along with his wife Persephone.

"Well if it izn't captain Arcon and hiz crew. Pleaze pleaze...zit." the Merovingian said in his famous french accent. Arcon didn't say anything and sat down. NeoVenom and Zaphire sat down at the side of Arcon. The Merovingian waited for everyone to feel "comfortable" before he continued to talk. "Well we are 'ere for buzinezz I'm assuming."

"Where's Mr. Jones?" Arcon said without hesitation. "Just like Morpheus...straight to buzinezz..." Arcon could here chuckles from the Merovingian's henchmen.

"But there's a difference, no? There iz no "One" to zave you if you're in trouble." the Merovingian grinned at Beth. "Anywayz, if you want you're Mr.Jonez...I want somethin' in return."

"And whats that?" replied NeoVenom.

Merovingian took a sip of the wine he was holding. He then set it down on the table in front of him. "Itz zimple. If you manage to finish the job, I'll give you Mr. Jonez back, if you fail to comply...then there will be a problem."

"Yez a job." The Merovingian took another sip from his wine and set it back down. "You see, there'z a bunch of exilez who interfere in my buzinezz a little too often. I want all of you to kell them. If you do that, I'll hand over this Mr. Jonez." There was a silence for a couple of seconds. "Well...?" said the Merovingian. "Either you kell them or I'll kell Mr. Jones. Take your pick. I know how preciouz Mr. Jonez is to Zion. I know all about it. And I know you wouldn't want anything to happen to him." Arcon calmly looked at the Merovingian, "...fine." The Merovingian grinned but Persephone didn't. Again chuckles could be heard from the Merovingian's henchmen. "Az for thiz meeting, it'z over. Goodbye and Au revoir." added the Merovingian. Arcon got up first followed by NeoVenom and Zaphire. "Let's go." Arcon said. He waited for the rest of his crew to do the same.

Shadow, who had been sighing from the start by the abrupt sense of diplomacy from Beth, muttered slightly as he picked some bread from a basket, and then showed no emotion as he heard of their mission.

"I'll bet they are all really mean fighters..."

He shrugged slightly, then sighed, before following the rest.

Archived