Home

Has you EB Games order shipped?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pre-ordered mine from gamestop and they seem to be taking their sweet-ass time as well. They'll probably ship it by this after noon.

I had a dream last night that I bought psychonauts. My subconcious omens that the game will be cool.

Ditto GameStop. I'm glad everyone is having to wait, and it's not just me.

As Tim pointed out in the most recent Double Fine news update - today is the SHIP DATE, not the SELLING date. People can't actually play it until tomorrow, and people who pre-order it get it sent out today. Also remember the time difference over there - it's only just the afternoon at the moment.

EDIT: Checked the GameStop page. The Xbox version has started shipping, but the PC version is still on "Pre-release - 4/19/05".

Guess we're waiting.

25th eh? I guess that means the PC version will arrive here in the UK about next weekend...going by 3-5 business days.

Kind of annoying, but I shouldn't really be playing Psychonauts before next weekend anyway, I have lots of work to get out of the way.

I will still stick with Gamestop, as that tie-dyed T-shirt is still an exclusive at the moment. I'm starting to feel like my house will be full of Double Fine merchandise before long.

I'm new with these kind of stuff but I'm really interested in buying the game from the internet (since I happen to live in Europe). I'm going to ask my questions here since at least some of you must have some experience and can give me more concrete answer than for example the shops itself.

Do I automatically have to pay some kind of tax (the price on the site is taxfree) or custom fees if I order the game like this to Finland? Or is it something random and if so, how likely would it be?

How much extra would that approximately mean? Since I'm not very keen on paying too much over that 58.99$..

And maybe the most important part. Do I have to take care of these kind of stuff myself? Or can I just order it and safely wait for all the necessary stuff to be done and the game to be mailed to me?

Sorry and

Thanks!

Originally posted by Nappi

I'm new with these kind of stuff but I'm really interested in buying the game from the internet (since I happen to live in Europe). I'm going to ask my questions here since at least some of you must have some experience and can give me more concrete answer than for example the shops itself.

Do I automatically have to pay some kind of tax (the price on the site is taxfree) or custom fees if I order the game like this to Finland? Or is it something random and if so, how likely would it be?

How much extra would that approximately mean? Since I'm not very keen on paying too much over that 58.99$..

And maybe the most important part. Do I have to take care of these kind of stuff myself? Or can I just order it and safely wait for all the necessary stuff to be done and the game to be mailed to me?

Sorry and

Thanks!

I live in Sweden, I'm sure some rules are different such as how much taxes you have to pay and so on, but basically I'm guessing it's the same.

I have ordered game-stuff from the internet a couple of times with varying results. You may have to pay extra tax - the shops do not have this on the price already since the taxes differ from country to country.

I have not spotted any certain pattern as to when one has to pay tax and not, so I think it mostly comes down to if you're lucky or not. If the shipping is with FedEx, DHL or similar they will pay taxes for you and bill you later.

When I ordered Star Wars: Galaxies from dvdboxoffice, I had to pay tax. When I ordered a Nintendo DS and some games from importmadness.co.uk, I did not have to pay tax even though all the paperwork suggested it had gone through customs openly, ie should have been taxed.

And ordering from people on Ebay I have never had to pay tax.

I have preordered Psychonauts from EB games and I got a mail from them asking me the name of my bank because they had to clear some stuff with them or similar. But after replying to that it's ready to go. Only it hasn't yet, sadly. :(

Whichever store you order from will likely require a credit card like VISA and it will be billed when or before they ship.

What the tax might be for computer games in Finland I have no idea, but you can probably find out by googling or looking at some government site. In Sweden it's 25%, I think. And that would be 25% of the ENTIRE sum, including shipping and any insurance.

Oh, and so far, I have not had any problems with anything that I have ordered, so I am a satisfied customer. Don't know specifically about EB Games, but they seem legit enough. :)

Originally posted by The Tingler

According to GameStop's PC Page the PC version doesn't ship until the 25th. At least, NOW it does. Didn't say that yesterday.

They LIED!.

Consequently, I have cancelled my GameStop order and gone straight to the source - Double Fine, and their wonderful spangly new shop.

FYI, Tingler, the Double Fine shop lists the week of May 9 as the ship date for the PC version. Unless you're getting an autographed copy, you might want to consider another outlet.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

Why the hell is everything going wrong?!?

Sigh.

Now... let me check importmadness...

EDIT: F[Censored, because this swearword is just too disgusting]s! Beware everyone!

Refund Policy

All sales are final here at the DF shop, so choose your merchandise carefully.

Probably something to do with PayPal. So I guess I'm waiting.

AAAARRGGGHH! Why the hell didn't this show up when I was ordering the damn thing? I assumed if I was ordering from developer direct it'd be quicker than a normal store! I didn't know they were going on sodding holiday!!! :mad:

I've got the PC version pre-ordered at EBgames. Hasn't shipped yet. I can't wait to play the game, though. I know that it's midnight or later in the U.S. at the moment - but I still feel compelled to refresh my order page every five minutes. :D Even if it shipped right now it probably won't arrive in Australia until sometime next week. :) After playing the demo, I know it's worth waiting for.

Hmm

EBGames site has moved back ship date of the PC version - again - to 4/21/2005.

Wonder what's going on. I wrote them an email to see what's up, but no response yet.

On another note - the demo played beautifully on my system, which just grazes the bottom of the system requirements for Psychonauts (they say something like minimum 512 MB RAM). Do you think the performance of the demo is an accurate prediction of how the full game will perform on my system?

Mike

I mailed them earlier today and got this response, don't know if it's accurate or just some standard blaha.

Hello Gisela,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

The PC version of Psychonauts will ship on 4/21/05. Here is the link to the product description that we have available on our website:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256059.asp

Once the package has been shipped, you shall receive an email confirmation from us providing you with tracking information.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email. You can also give us a call at 877-432-9675, 7 days a week from

8 am to Midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Annette

EBgames.com

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Hello again,

I am wondering what is up with the PC version of Psychonauts, since it has not shipped yet? Do you know when it will?

/Gisela

The PC version of Psychonauts will ship on 4/21/05

That's what GameStop said when I e-mailed them - "This product will ship on 4/19/05. Thanks for your letter". An hour later it was knocked back to 4/25/05.

Do you think the performance of the demo is an accurate prediction of how the full game will perform on my system?

Fairly accurate, although there might be some more graphics-intensive stuff later on. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Okey...

I'm planning to order the game from dvdboxoffice. I understood that the shipping fee is included in those prices already, and the total cost would only be 25.72€.

It seems that custom fee here in Finland is 3.5% (from the total price including shipping) and taxes are 22% from that price. So the additional costs would be 25.72€ * 1.035 * 0.22 = 5,86€. But because the costs are under 10€, they won't be charged!!

:monkey4:

Can this really be true or have I missed something critical? Since the games here usually cost something like 40€ and this way it would only be under 26€. And what are your experiences with http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/ ? Are they reliable and so on? How's the service and how long does the shipping take?

Sorry if this is too off-topic.

I got a response from EBGames yesterday:

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Currently, we are still waiting for authorization from the publisher to

ship this product. The release date may have been pushed back by the

publisher yet again, so we suggest checking back with the website for up

to date information about shipment.

EBgames.com works tirelessly with game publishers to ensure accurate

release dates on our site. Occasionally, publishers decide to delay

production to improve quality or add new features. Sometimes dates move

forward; more often they move back and frequently they get changed more

than once.

If a game is scheduled for release far in the future, the publisher may

not even give us a date. In those cases we rely on the collective wisdom

of our buying staff to estimate a date based on their knowledge of the

industry and the publisher's history.

We guarantee that we will always post the best information provided by

publishers. We know that you want that hot new game yesterday and we

want to be the company that gets it to you quicker than anyone else.

Once we have been authorized to ship Psychonauts, your order will be

shipped to you with the EB Saver shipping method you have chosen. You

will be notified with a shipping confirmation email once your item has

shipped completely. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

-------------------------------------------------

Very nice. Except this morning I see they've pushed the ship date back yet again :(

Tingler: Thanks

Archived