Home

Has you EB Games order shipped?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have discovered three things in the demo:

a) 640x480 doesn't look that bad with anti aliasing (FSAA) on.

b) The game runs faster in 640x480.

c) The cutscenes blend with the ingame graphics more on 640x480.

I will be playing on 640x480.

I should think (and hope!) that the chances are high. I'd assume that there's been minor manufacturing or delivery delays which have caused the slightly late PC release, and from what I hear some physical GameStop stores already have the PC version available.

Anybody have a rough idea of how long it takes GameStop to deliver to the UK, though? This is my first experience with them, and I really do have no idea at all how long it takes them.

I think they may be finally processing and shipping PC orders. I say that because I just got a note from ebgames.com informing me that they tried to charge my debit card and failed because I'm 100% broke :) Anyway, they usually don't charge the card unless they're about to ship an order. I cancelled my ebgames PC preorder so I don't know what that's all about, but apparently they 1) thought I still had an order for PC, 2) thought it would be a good idea to charge me for it which means they probably wanted to send it to me, 3) realized I have no money in that account and will be giving my copy to someone else :). Hopefully one of you.

GameStop are getting funny now.

"Psychonauts, released on 19th April. PC AND Xbox."

:D

"Whoops, no, PC version doesn't ship until 25th. Sorry."

:rolleyes:

"We said the 25th? Sorry, we meant 26th. Yes, I know we've got it in-store, just not our online store."

:(

"Okay, okay, we REALLY meant 27th. Whaddya mean EB have already shipped their copies? We bought the bastards! They can't do that! Mummy!"

:mad:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 25, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Has it shipped? You tell me.

At least we're all in the same boat...except those people who bought xbox versions*grumble*grumble*grumble*

It's interesting that there's an official pc retail patch but not pc retail game.

From a Majesco forum admin (posted today):

The wait is almost over...

I've been informed (after doing some intense snooping and badgering) that it was shipped Friday, and should start appearing in stores today. However, you might not find it available until Friday, but that all depends on your proximity to the distribution center.

Rest assured it is on its way, and will be available very soon.

Let's hope this is true.

Archived