Home

Has you EB Games order shipped?

Originally posted by Aerothorn

What's worse, I just saw that on EB games you get a $10 mail-in voucher...so not only are us using Gamestop not getting our game, we're paying $10 more to not get our game!

I think that gamestop and ebgames will probably get the game at the same time.

and it's not like it's $10...it's just credit.

"$10.00 Gift Voucher will be sent, by e-mail, in the form of an EBgames.com coupon code, which may be used only at EBgames.com."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I preordered it, and apparently(but I don't remember) requested to have it sent to my house. I still haven't received it.

The last time I was at ebgames was the day after the they got the xbox version. They also never gave me any update on when I would get it. I did call though, and the support guy said it would probably be later this week. I hope I get it tomorrow, but the tracking information, from usps, that I posted above doesn't make me feel too hopeful.

I would much rather have to game already than a mail-in voucher.

I'm going to call tomorrow to see if the store has it.

USPS tracking: "Your item was processed and left our CINCINNATI, OH facility on April 28, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

Look like I might get it NEXT WEEK. Maybe I'll get it Saturday. Considering that I could have bought it at F*ING WAL-MART sooner than preordering it, I'm officially mad as hell about it.

Hey, vouchers are cool. Espescially since my Gamestop membership covers the cost of shipping on full-priced games.

I sent an e-mail to Gamestop, saying:

"On March 21st, 2005, I pre-ordered Psychonauts for the PC- supposed to release on April 19th. And apparently, it did release on April 19th...in stores. But for some reason on Gamestop.com, it was pushed back to April 25th. Ok. But then April 25th arrives, and it is pushed back to April 26th. Then April 27th. Now April 28th. The game has been out for over a week now. I can go into stores and buy it, I can order it from other online retailers...why is it continually being 'pushed back' on Gamestop?"

To their credit, the reply was quick; I just got home from school and in my inbox is a response, saying:

Dear Customer,

We are sorry for any inconvenience but we here online and our store locations dont have this shipment yet so we are not able to ship out our orders.. We have gotten told by the manufactor that our shipment should arrive to us today. So therefore we will be able to ship out your order today ..Thanks and have a nice day.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.

Best regards,

Donna

GameStop.com

So if their info is correct, it should ship soon.

My best guess is that Majesco's calculations on exactly how many people would buy the pc version was grossly inadequate, so it's taken longer for them to produce enough to send to all the stores.

I guess Wal-Mart just had a higher priority in the list than EB Games or Gamestop. Or maybe some EB Games and Gamestops have them and some don't. I just called the EB games here in town and they don't have the pc version yet either. The guy on the phone said he doesn't know why they don't have it. He seemed kind of confused about it.

Maybe this is a good sign...maybe it means that Psychonauts is selling better than anyone expected.

Psychonauts arrived here in Brisbane, Australia yesterday afternoon. Five CDs of Psychonauts goodness, Psychonauts playing cards, Colour instruction manual, and one of the best games in a while. :D I haven't played much of it yet, but it's pretty damn awesome. :)

I'm in mid America(Arkansas) and my Psychonauts and my tracking reads thus: "Your item was processed and left our CINCINNATI, OH facility on April 28, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

Doesn't make much since that it would arrive in Australia before it arrives here, but I did choose the cheapest shipping.

Does USPS ship on Sundays?

Originally posted by Nappi

I wonder when will the DVDboxoffice get the game. I tried emailing them but only got a reply with no real content at all. :(

I mailed them during the week and here is their answer...

"We do apologize, unfortunately the title is not in stock at the moment. We do receive stock in everyday and are working extremely hard to fill your order. You will be emailed by our system as soon as your order ships. We can't estimate when the title you are looking for will be in stock, but if it is listed on our site, we will do our best to get it in for you as

soon as possible. "

... woohoo, they should have told me they manage their business on the fly. Anyway,I received a "back-order" mail [i don't know what that means] yesterday with the note "Unless notified, non pre order items will be shipped as soon as stock arrives.

Note: We receive stock everyday and fulfill back orders on a first come first served basis. We thank you for your patience and patronage."

And they don't even bother changing the disponibility date of the game on their site.

Pfff, I smell trouble.

Originally posted by guybrushthedwar

I mailed them during the week and here is their answer...

"We do apologize, unfortunately the title is not in stock at the moment. We do receive stock in everyday and are working extremely hard to fill your order. You will be emailed by our system as soon as your order ships. We can't estimate when the title you are looking for will be in stock, but if it is listed on our site, we will do our best to get it in for you as

soon as possible. "

I got that exactly same reply too... twice.

Archived