Home

Your favorite music from the OT?

LukeKatarn

What's your favorite music from the OT? I love the Battle of Endor II ((Darth Vader and Luke Duel music on the Death Star II)), I just love it. The music fits the end, the death of Darth Vader. I also like The Magic Tree ((Song that plays when Luke fights Darth Vader on Degobah.)) WHat are your favorite songs?

Edit: I also love the Victory Celebration at the end of RotJ. It sounds like something out of Monky Island, but much better.

• 2 weeks later...

"It's a trap" - when the rebels are attacking the 2nd death star in ROTJ - it starts of with quiet strings and ends up being a complete cacophony - crashing cymbals and brass. It sends shivers down my spine:)

In Ep1 when they are showing the palace after a long battle. I have no clue why I feel so attracted towards it but I guess its more or less a soothing song. They also play it in SWG when you arrive at Theed.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Edit: I also love the Victory Celebration at the end of RotJ. It sounds like something out of Monky Island, but much better.

Which one? The SE one or the "Yub Yub" one? I'm a great fan of the original one myself - I remember being a kid and watching the ewok play the Stormtrooper helmets like a xylophone in tune to the music. Those were the days.....

@OmegaNothing: I think Binary Sunset is a modern day classic - it's going to be with us for decades to come. It sums the mood of the scene up perfectly, transporting you to a place far, far away...

1. Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker (last confrontation)

2. Battle of Hoth

3. Imperial March

4. The force (the lightside music)

5. Yoda's Theme

6. The emperor's theme

7. Battle at the Deathstar (Episode VI) - the quick music

- These are all awesome

• 5 months later...

I can't believe only one person has mentioned one of the most recognized Star Wars songs in existance (OK they're all very well known, but still...)

THE IMPERIAL MARCH!! BEST SONG IN THE WORLD!

I also like the Force theme, as well as the Emperor's theme (imagine the bass choir singing the words "your are too fat" to the Emperor's theme. I laughed for hours when my friend told me that. Though I may have been drunk at the time...)

I just saw the date of the post before mine, and I apologize for bringing back a long dead thread (hey, it rhymes.)

Archived