Home

Good Times, Good Times!

Darth Groovy

I still prefered EB. :o Probably because there was one at my mall.

But anyways, they were like the same company, dealing in the same business, so it won't be a big deal. Unless...

THAT WAS GameStop's biggest competitor. We are in da money.

WHOAMG price hikes! joke.gif ...Or am I?

Originally posted by IG-64

My sister was assistant manager at both GameStop and EB.

It's strange because EB's website still looks the same.

It's probably because it JUST happened today. Lots of red tape is involved in such things. With most company transitions, it takes a long time to see the end result. I am not sure how EB can sell used PC games, I mean from what I understand, the chief reason that GameStop does not, is because of the license issues. You don't need passwords and serial numbers to play console games, which is why we sell so MANY of them. You never know, with all aquisitions, alot of the times you can intigrate the best of both worlds. Nobody really knows anything more at this point, other than the aquisition itself wich is not yet been finalized. Not to come off as a biased spokesperson for GameStop, but when they bought out Funcoland, it was the BEST thing that ever happened becauses Funcoland specialized in ripping off it's customers. From what I have seen at GameStop, they are FAR more customer oriented. In fact with ALL used games, you have a 90 day return policy, AND we don't sell any used system without testing, and anything that turns up defective, we return and have it refirbashed. Hell, even BEST BUY can't do that! They are have ALOT BETTER reserve system. Anybody who remembers my Halo 2 horror story, knows what I am talking about. I lost my reciept, and they were like "tough luck", and charged me full price for the game. GameStop actually tapes a copy of your reserve to the game itself, so there is no hassles when it comes in what so ever. I like that. Alot.

I really like gamestop, the employees are usually like me so i get along with them great. The only bad thing is that their used titles and accesories are usually a little higher than other places. Usually like five bucks or so. But you can always find a game you want there, thats for sure.

XD We don't have Gamestop in Australia, we do have EB Games in Australia though... wonder if this means all the EB Games stores in Australia will be renamed to Gamestop....

I love the EB I go to since the entire staff is made up of my friends... the staff won't change but the name may... I'd still call it "EB" or maybe I should call it "The Store Formally Known As..." now XD

Originally posted by Lynk Former

the staff won't change but the name may...

The price may also -.- which is really what I hate. Also I have a few good friends I met in an EB. Also the manager is awesome and is always walking around talking to people about how sucky this is and how awesome that is. He is the one that told me to check out kotor (on my top five list).

It's not hard to sell used PC games. They always check for CDs and CD-Keys at my EBgames.

Meh, EBgames.com got my stuff to me pretty quick. GameStop.com took forever to get my replacement DS. I like ebgames mor ebecause there's an EBgames at the mall back home.

Archived