Home

Battlefront 2 Offical website

Achillesz7

Hello,

I recieved this message via email from Lucasarts today.

"Star Wars Battlefront™ II

LucasArts is set to officially announce Star Wars Battlefront II on Thursday morning at Star Wars Celebration III in Indianapois, Indiana. Leading up to the event, GameSpot.com will break with an exclusive feature on the game late in the afternoon on Wednesday, April 20th. Bookmark the Star Wars Battlefront II website now and come back Thursday morning for exclusive screenshots and more!"

Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow at Lucasarts.com!

-Achillesz7

That video just basically turned me off the game completely. The Jedi - not going to be enjoyable. We saw a number of Stormtroopers get helplessly pushed around on the Tantive IV. Let me ask this - what Jedi were active in the Rebellion, let alone stationed on the Tantive IV? Even if the Jedi are balanced, you simply shouldn't have to deal with Jedi. It defies the whole point of the game. Fine, throw them in the Clone Wars if these people really want Jedi, but keep them out of the Galactic Civil War for god's sake.

Next - I'm still seeing the stuff I hate from Battlefront 1. I know it's early in the development, but they probably won't take them out. DARK TROOPERS! I'm sorry, but the Dark Troopers weren't even created until after the destruction of the Death Star. Yet we see them on the Tantive IV.

Pilots are STILL the medic/engineer/support class. It doesn't make sense. And they've still got huge grenade launchers. Please, let's get some classes that at least make sense.

The only thing that looks nice from the video is the new RotS content.

Meh, what's the point. *Equips anti-flame clone armor*

Some different pics there at

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screenindex.html

I'd REALLY like to be happy that there are T-21 heavy blasters like in the shots BUT there were a couple of pics from the first game too and we didn't get them in the final release. Like the at-st driver etc....Here's hoping they ARE in and the stinking launchers are OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with TK-8252 on classes and weapons. Hopefully it will be as moddable as battlefield 1942. With their tools switching out class equipment and weapons is a snap.

What they better put in or allow to be modded in is the Imperial Security Trooper/Death Squad Trooper/Imperial Naval Trooper , whichever it's currently called. Cool guy , big black helmet and outfit, packin' a DH-17

My own personal taste is for a more real SW as in a blaster pistol is more than enough to kill. Sure there are better weapons but a pilot should only have a pistol and be able to " realisticlly " defend himself, if you get my meaning. They ought to copy some of the better BF'42 mods out there such as Forgotten Hope. If SWBF 2 got that FH treatment it would rock the entire universe.

I watched the video, read the reviews, and like a lot of what I'm seeing.

However, I must agree with the purists who don't fully agree with the character selection. Throwing characters into periods they shouldn't be in is rewriting the book. Surely there are plenty of 'real' characters that would have been better suited for the time frame.

It's the modders job to play around with things like this. The official game should follow the original storyline.

Anyway, I'll play SWBF 2 and I know I'll love it. Give me an x-wing and let me at em...

Thanks for the link Achillesz7

Originally posted by TK-8252

what Jedi were active in the Rebellion, let alone stationed on the Tantive IV? Even if the Jedi are balanced, you simply shouldn't have to deal with Jedi. It defies the whole point of the game. Fine, throw them in the Clone Wars if these people really want Jedi, but keep them out of the Galactic Civil War for god's sake.

Got to agree with you there. If you really have to put Jedi in (which they don't) At least keep them where they actually were. But wasn't the point of Battlefront to put you in the shoes of a common grunt? Give people the option to be a Jedi and... yeah. Whatever. Though I do like the new way the Droid Starfighter (Or vulture droid, whatever you want to call it) lands.

Here's a link to a PS2 magazine article scan about SWBF 2

http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=643&sid=c95774256dc36e5cdb4ba4eb5017faea

[ took awhile for it to load for me for some reason ]

They don't seem sure on how to handle the jedi situation yet.

I don't suppose anyone downloaded the movie and made screen captures out of it to post or download ???? I can't seem to get the thing to run for me.

In the movie did anyone see the big 'ol T-21 blaster from the pics in action ? If so how'd it shoot ?

Lord I hope it replaces the launchers !

Jeeeeez , should have read the stickys before. And hear I thought I'd made a good find:o

And the sticky video too. Woo Hoo , finally got it and a dial up friendly size also.Do feel better about the T-21 now they have it running around beside a launcher. I wonder if the new class they talk about is anti-infantry with the T-21 and the current launcher might be tweaked to make it more anti-vech. and harder to hit infantry ??????????

Need to chnge the at-st driver model with the security guard though. I wonder if the current BF maps could be ported over to BF2 ?

Dark Troopers can be seen on the Tantive IV. Oh yes! Spam away! I think we can surely say, that there is finally a scenario where they can be seen as cheap.

Okay, I'm being overly critical, as long as the bots are only 1/100th as smart as I am (versus being brain dead), BF2 should be quite good.

Really? I await the ability to play as General Grievous' Magnaguard then.

Screw Jedi! *Laughs eviliy*

I'm not sure that Grievous' Magna-guards will be present in SWBF because they do not represent the major part of the CIS' army. Consequently, you'll meet the most frequent units, like the Standard Battle Droïds, the Super Battle Droïds, etc...

Moreover, the Magna-guards are known to be high adversaries during melee combat, but not for ranged fighting...

Well yeah, but dark troopers and wookiees arnt exactly common parts of the rebel and imperial forces now are they?

True the dark trooper doesn't look like he belongs on the Tantive but then again were there scout troopers, Heavy weapons troopers, or AT-ST pilots there either? Maybe the Campaign mode of the Tantive IV wont have dark troopers, like the first Naboo maps didnt have super battledroids, but they will probably be included in the instant action form of the map.

I wonder what the new units for each side will be, maybe we will fineally be able to play as the imperial officer.

True the dark trooper doesn't look like he belongs on the Tantive but then again were there scout troopers, Heavy weapons troopers, or AT-ST pilots there either? Maybe the Campaign mode of the Tantive IV wont have dark troopers, like the first Naboo maps didnt have super battledroids, but they will probably be included in the instant action form of the map.

It makes zero sense to have, say, tank hunters on Tantive IV. And what would the scouts do anyhow? What use would the sniper rifle be from 10 metres away? And the recon droid would be positively useless unless they implement some nonsence "artillery barrage trough ceiling" thing.

I'd like to see only riflemen on Tantive IV. No Jedi, no Sith, no tank hunters, no Wookies, no Dark Troopers. Just a plain shoot-out.

Map-specific classes rule. Don't put pilots on Tantive IV (maybe some of the people on the ship could pilot starfighters, but they sure wouldn't walk around in their flight suits, would they?).

Originally posted by Doomie

A tantive IV map, a death star hangar bay, and space battles...

Have they been reading this forum?

I wrote a post about wanting a blockade runner map and detention center and docking bay from the Death Star... Of course I'm sure they had that on their list of existing battles from the series but i wonder... did I do that?? :)

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

You alone? Not a chance:cool: . Us as a community (and influence from GC players)? Quite possibly;).

Well... realistically they didn't need anyone on a forum to remind them about the firefights that happened at the respective locations so I dont really think that I am rsponsible - but its fun for me to think that my post set the wheels in motion.

Archived