Home

Battlefront 2 Offical website

Achillesz7

Well yeah, but dark troopers and wookiees arnt exactly common parts of the rebel and imperial forces now are they?

Wookiees have always wanted to belong to the Rebel Alliance and moreover, they're resistant and effective warrior in melee combats. For the Dark Troopers, they're a project ordered by the Emperor Palpatine himself, which consists in a huge army of advanced Battle Droïds. Those deadly machines are sort of "Super Stormtroopers", which are fearless, determined and terribly hazardous... Cause they're droïds, they're easy and fast to produce, that's why they're so many in the Imperial Army.

You can read more about that here.

True the dark trooper doesn't look like he belongs on the Tantive but then again were there scout troopers, Heavy weapons troopers, or AT-ST pilots there either? Maybe the Campaign mode of the Tantive IV wont have dark troopers, like the first Naboo maps didnt have super battledroids, but they will probably be included in the instant action form of the map.

I think too...

I wonder what the new units for each side will be, maybe we will fineally be able to play as the imperial officer.

Or maybe we'll play with other unknown classes, like Space Troopers or Rad Troopers...

Well the dark trooper really only destroyed that one rebel base before there production was stopped and as for the wookiees, while they may have wanted to join the rebellion I dont think they really took part in many battles outside of there home world. (Exept for Chewbacca of course)

The Manga guards have a good chance of being in, besides what other choices do the CIS have? Im not that into EU so I might not know about some types, so really the only other candidate I could think of is the dwarf spider droid, or maybe some other one thats in Episode III that we dont know about yet.

Space troopers sound cool but are to map specific, maybe a speacial unit available only on space maps? Radtroopers sound just like Stormtroopers only in areas exposed to radiation, again they sound a little to specific to be another class, maybe a skin type for a certain map.

They could use different models on maps where approciate and keep the classes... ie on the blockcade runner have the same classes but use the stormtrooper model for them all ...... stormtrooper 1 reg. , stormtrooper 2 scout , etc.... instead of scouts,at-st drivers etc... models

Same for rebels and the endor camo troopers.

I think it was the preview on IGN that mentioned the 4 fliers per side.Had 3 of the republics . In the video when the droid lands on the ship in the vulture there was that little ship on the right that was hard to make out. Anyone seen it before ? I wonder if it's a new republic transport ?

With that guy mentioning the imperial transport as like a Missile Boat from Tie Fighter I hope that doesn't mean we won't get the shuttle.:(

Of course, for the "OMFG I CAN FLY!" noobs, what's the point of a shuttle? Seen the moves that the fighters can pull off? Damned if I'm bothering to take a "bus" full of ground troops.

Anyway, if Jedi are so common, can't see a prob with Magnaguard, they'd rank as "Jedi" for all intents and purposes anyway (with the same cheapness factor I'd hazard).

Well the dark trooper really only destroyed that one rebel base before there production was stopped and as for the wookiees, while they may have wanted to join the rebellion I dont think they really took part in many battles outside of there home world. (Exept for Chewbacca of course)

... And Lowbacca, which is a Jedi in the Expended Universe.

The Magna guards have a good chance of being in, besides what other choices do the CIS have? Im not that into EU so I might not know about some types, so really the only other candidate I could think of is the dwarf spider droid, or maybe some other one thats in Episode III that we dont know about yet.

If Pandemic Studios have enough imagination, you'll see all these droïds in SWBF II. But I think that they won't be in it when the game is released...

Space troopers sound cool but are to map specific, maybe a speacial unit available only on space maps? Radtroopers sound just like Stormtroopers only in areas exposed to radiation, again they sound a little to specific to be another class, maybe a skin type for a certain map.

For infos, Space Troopers were used by Grand Admiral Thrawn (Click on his name in my signature to go to its official Star Wars' page...) to take control of many star-ships of the Republic, in the space-port named Bilbringi. As all its attack's plans, this one was worthy of a strategic genius...

Originally posted by T-21

In the video when the droid lands on the ship in the vulture there was that little ship on the right that was hard to make out. Anyone seen it before ? I wonder if it's a new republic transport ?

After the Droid starfighter lands, the pilot runs over to kill a clone near it. From the looks of (in particularly the engines) it looks like a V-Wing. But then, if I'm correct, and IGN is correct about the rest (2 of which are already seen) then that means the Republic's Transport is the Gunship. Which doesn't really make sense in Space...

After doing some slow mo with the movie and looking at a V wing pic right beside it , it IS a V wing with its wings folded down !

With some vechs. being map specific maybe that's why they get it here. Or maybe it was made but they're chosing not to include it in release or something..... maybe in an x pac later ?

Ooooh , or maybe it'll be there but not playable just to torture us :mad:

Archived