Home

The "I have my copy of Psychonauts" Thread ¬ ¬

Jake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whooo!! Right now, I am downloading it!! ..

OK, of course I am not.

I will tell you what I will do. Being totally oldschool, I will go to the shop, go to the shelf, grab it with my hands and .. buy it with real cash, like I did with Schäfer-games since The Secret Monkey Island.

The problem I currently face is to find a store which sells the uncut original version, because I like to play it with all the blood enabled and the extreme violent content.

The other problem is to get the money for buying it, so wether I have to find some old ladies to sell my young muscleless body to or I have to sell my shoes. Either way will serve Tim I think, and fill him with joy if he'd only knew about it, however, he will have food because of my money.

OK, I went to the stores near me, with near I mean I live in Berlin and there are like TONZ of'em, I even pushed old people away to get faster to the "NEW GAMES"-Shelfes, and you know what? Half Life 2 is still new! Even GTA VC and DOOM3 uncut are still new. Every damn dusty game with mold on it is STILL NEW!!!

The worst is: Psychonauts is not even existant. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Originally posted by RayJones

OK, I went to the stores near me, with near I mean I live in Berlin and there are like TONZ of'em, I even pushed old people away to get faster to the "NEW GAMES"-Shelfes, and you know what? Half Life 2 is still new! Even GTA VC and DOOM3 uncut are still new. Every damn dusty game with mold on it is STILL NEW!!!

The worst is: Psychonauts is not even existant. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Dude, it will be several months before any European store will sell a Psychonauts game that was not imported from the States. Months. Several.

Originally posted by Thrik

Wait, what? What format did you get it for?

Xbox. I've been playing it for quite a while. I knew the story and characters and scenery and whatnot would rock, but I'm suprised by how fun and non-repetitive the gameplay is. The actions to get through each level do not resemble each other one bit.

.............all of a sudden I realize how much of a dick I am to brag about how cool the game is. I shall restrain. Although, it's semi-justified I guess since I was excited for the game when it was announced in 2002, and I know this forum is crowded with people who "just got into it a few months ago". I still feel like a dick though.

Originally posted by Alien426

Dude, it will be several months before any European store will sell a Psychonauts game that was not imported from the States. Months. Several.

Yes. That is the ultimate chance to put my fingers on an imported copy.

Anyone got the PC version yet?

Originally posted by itchythesamurai

Got mine. Beat it.

Four words? Are you some sort of android?!

Anyway! I got my copy yesterday! After a brief session of gleeful hyperventilation, I played it all night while wearing nothing but the accompanying t-shirt!

I did take my mind off of it for a moment to wish that I was big enough to wear said shirt in public as a shirt and not a dress. And today, I vowed not to touch a console until I finished a couple of serious projects with looming deadlines. I'm wilting, but I've never felt so motivated.

...! I own Psychonauts!

Originally posted by Alia

Four words? Are you some sort of android?!

Anyway! I got my copy yesterday! After a brief session of gleeful hyperventilation, I played it all night, while wearing nothing but the accompanying t-shirt!

I did take my mind off of it for a moment to wish that I was big enough to wear said shirt in public as a shirt and not a dress. And today, I vowed not to touch a console until I finished a couple of serious projects with looming deadlines. I'm wilting, but I've never felt so motivated.

...! I own Psychonauts!

Oh man, that shirt would make a great nighty on a hot girlfriend. I should have preordered from gamestop(might actually have it) instead of ebgames. I don't think she'd dig that though.

Regardless, I really would have liked to have known that they were going to ship the pc version a week late. Kind of ruined the entire week....and the package tracking says this:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 25, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

WTF is that suppposed to mean? Does that mean they shipped it or USPS just knows they're going to ship it at some point. I am so pissed about this.

Ha..well, maybe when I get it I can try to make her wear the cards instead...I definately don't think she'll dig that...don't want to hurt the cards anyway.

Originally posted by VSTM

Oh man, that shirt would make a great nighty on a hot girlfriend.

Wow, you must really like Psychonauts. Yeah, I guess my four words didn't do it justice. It is definitely in the top two range of my favorite games. I'm not sure if I liked it better than Grim Fandango yet.

Archived