Home

The "I have my copy of Psychonauts" Thread ¬ ¬

Jake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mgdpublic

You liked it better than Grim Fandango or are you a big fan of platformers?

I don't know if you can really compare Grim and Psychonauts, at least not on a pure gameplay level.

I used my gamepad to play Grim Fandango. I probably won't with Psychonauts, though...which is probably backwards compared to what most people will do.

But, yes, I agree. I really don't think you can compare the two. Apples and Oranges. I like 'em both.

Ok so where's the official "I don't have my copy of Psychonauts thread and am going nauts." thread?

Anyone in NJ find a copy in a store?

That would probably be your "Has your eb games order shipped yet?", or something like that, thread.

You liked it better than Grim Fandango or are you a big fan of platformers?

Oh, neither of those two. In fact, I've never played Grim Fandango, but it sounds pretty good. I just don't think that our computer has the right capabilities. Oh, and pretty much all of my other games suck, and the other ones just plainly aren't very good compared to this.

Well after spending Friday afternoon being told by both EBgames and gmaestop that they didn't have the PC version in the stores (any of them I was told) I read on here that someone saw it at walmart. So I got over there and in the corner on it's side I found a few copies. :) So now here one Monday I'm finished with it and wishing for a sequel.

Wow. What a debacle.

After abandoning GameStop when they couldn't decide when they were going to ship it (changed their minds about nine times), I went direct to the source and the brand spangly new Double Fine store.

Unfortunately the store omitted to mention that they were all going on holiday, so they wouldn't ship the PC version until May 9th. Cancelled that.

Scooted off to my old import games haunt at ImportMadness.co.uk, even though I knew their customer service was rubbish. They said they had the PC version in stock, so I ordered.

I waited and I waited, the EBGames and GameStop releases came and went, everyone bragging about how far they got, me avoiding this forum, and STILL Import Madness listed my order's ship date as 'Pending'.

Went full circle back to GameStop. Ordered again. Shipped within a hour, made it to the UK by the end of Friday, and this Monday morning it arrived, slightly later than the normal post. Installed it, configured it, played it, loved it.

I'M PLAYING PSYCHONAUTS AT LAST!

Originally posted by Alien426

I stuck with GameStop, but don't have the game yet.

Have they shipped it yet? What country are you in, UK?

Send then an e-mail asking why it hasn't been shipped. Mine shipped within about a hour of me asking. They might have some problem with accessing your bank account, or your order's just got lost.

I think the Double Fine store should be shipping now. Anyone going with them?

Hi everyone,

I just ordered this game from Double Fine's store. It's the PC version. I hope everything will go alright with their store. I'm in the Netherlands by the way.

I really liked the demo and I can't wait to play the full game. Hopefully it will be as great as Grim Fandango. :)

Huh? You mean the Xbox version works on PAL Xboxes, or do you have a modded Xbox?

On a very very frustrating and surprising note, my copy of Psychonauts shipped today.

Confused? Me too.

Not from GameStop again, or from Import Madness (which is where I'd guess if someone told me this had happened - they've all but done it before) - but from Double Fine! Yes! Even though they said they'd cancelled the order and refunded the money!

EDIT:

Got this note back.

Hi Chris,

Whoops! We have a new person helping out with the store and it looks like they

made a pretty serious mistake...yikes. When the shipment comes, could you just

refuse delivery? They should return to sender.

Kelli

Thanks!

From the UK?

No, it's region locked, but I have a very deep hatred of region lockout systems so any piece of equipment I own is modified to get around this. Psychonauts is the perfect example of why I do this.

Archived