Home

XBox Glitch? - Disappearing Duster!

mxbx

Sorry -- it was some time after the Milkman Conspiracy and before the theatre level. I'm not sure at what point during this period, because I was doing a lot of misc. searching for collectibles. I do know that when it happened, the objective of purchasing the duster returned to my objectives list and the duster returned to the shop... the problem is that the deep arrowheads did not return to the ground, so I was barely able to buy it a second time. The duster is a required item for the theatre level and I wish I was able to reproduce the glitch to figure out what happened so noone else has this problem... I have a saved game from a few hours before the problem occured, but I don't know if that's going to be sufficient to find what happened, since there may have been a specific thing that triggers it.

I've heard of the same thing from one other person - they went from milkman conspiracy to the theater level and discovered they'd lost the duster. They reverted to a prior save game and were able to proceed and keep it.

Huh... maybe it's because of all the different items in the Milkman level that disappear when you leave? Actually, if it were as simple as that then I'll bet everyone would be having this problem... I do know that after I left the Milkman level, I:

• picked up the bracelet,
  • went back to the lodge and bought a couple dream fluffs and a few psi cores,
  • went to Cruller's lab, where he told me to look for brains, so then I
  • found some brains and misc. cards and scavenger hunt items.

And somewhere within these inventory changes, I lost my duster. I think after I finish the game, I'll go back and try to repeat the problem to see if I can pinpoint when exactly it happened.

I've since gone back and tried to repeat the glitch, but despite many tries, I can't... at least that means it's probably very rare.

• 1 year later...

My cobweb duster disappeared in the middle of the theatre level (after the 5th but before the 6th cobweb). I was still able to complete the level tough. Should I go back to a previous save and beat the theatre again or can I continue on without the cobweb duster from here?

Actually, in the theatre level my entire first page of items disappeared. But, once I finished the level they seem to have all come back except for the cobweb duster.

I've since gone back and tried to repeat the glitch, but despite many tries, I can't... at least that means it's probably very rare.

Archived