Home

Battlefront II!

Joetheeskimo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pie™

Looks more like an expansion to me, nothing much seems changed. :/

Fine, Mr. Optimistic :p, besides, they still haven't released much information besides screenies, so there's really no way to tell yet. I think if it didn't have a lot of new features, they'd call it Battlefront Expansion, not II.

I'm going to wait til it hits the bargain bin, and possibly not even bother to get it. All they're doing is making new maps, and screwing the game up by adding Jedi. Nothing special. Pandemic fails at Star Wars, but Mercenaries was awesome though.

must actually get around to playing the first one. Its been sat on my xbox for months now, and after a few hours of inital play (and disappointment) i've never even touched it.

Maybe it'll grow on me.... if i EVER finish Ninja Gaiden... :mad:

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

BATTLEFRONT 2!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably already posted, but heck, I'm too excited to care :D

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#Home

Take a look at those graphics! :cheers:

Yeah i read the preview on the May issue of PC Gamer. Looks pretty awesome! But the graphics look similar to Battlefront 1. But at least this time you get to fly X-Wings in space. :D

Well, because it's an arcade title with no real learning curve or complexity, and the ultry-simplistic flight physics, and the fact that for some reason you can play as a Jedi - not to mention that they ripped Galactic Conquest off - I'm not getting it.

Looks more like an expansion to me, nothing much seems changed. :/

Too true. Graphics are the same strange blur, flight physics are identical (except you can apparently do some weird-looking spin now), the classes are identical, and the stupid over-powered Jedi are still in.

I think if it didn't have a lot of new features, they'd call it Battlefront Expansion, not II.

As they should. And there are tonnes of "sequels" out there that don't really add anything - I don't see a reason why SWBF can't be.

Arcade-players might like it, but I know I don't. I prefer innovative titles which reward experience and skill.

Take a look at those graphics!

I just did. They're the same blurry old graphics that turned so many people away from Battlefront I. "Like playing with a woman's stocking over your head", someone called it.

Flashbacks of Hoth comes to mind - a strange sun that looks like something out of a cartoon, the turrets firing some sort of yellow orb that looks like I-don't-know-what, and Wookies, women with way-too-little clothing for such a cold environment, and Dark troopers running around where they don't belong.

Yeah, look at those graphics:rolleyes: .

In a way, I'm not suprised, what with Episode III just around the corner.

It looks like they're trying to improve the single player experience this time around. That was the one major reason why I didn't buy the first one. With a computer too slow to run Battlefront, and no Xbox Live, I decided that Battlefront's MP-focused gameplay just didn't sound that appealing. Now I'm glad that I waited. I'll keep an eye on this one and see how it turns out.

JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!! <snaps fingers> maybe they should put a cap on the amount per team or even make 1 random player on team a hero like first one... it just said the opportunity to be one not that you can choose it.. however they do need to cap the number or it will turn into a saber fest like JA siege.

Not interested.

Like ET and Eagle and such have said...

It's just a crappy $50 expansion pack. It's like the first one was a beta, and now they're releasing the final product. That's basically charging $100 for one complete game - sounds like a rip-off to me. And they've totally messed it up by adding Jedi (and not just in the Clone Wars mind you, even to the Tantive IV).

They haven't fixed ANY of the crap (yet), like the "Pilot" class being a medic/engineer/support class all in one carrying a huge grenade launcher, Dark Troopers in battles before they even existed, etc. All they've done is hyped it up with space battles (wooo, like it's never been done before), Episode III content (new clone models and new maps; things that could be done easily by modders) and Jedi - which totally defies the whole point of the game (and BF1 was already set up for Jedi, even Force Powers, so the devs haven't done anything new). The only actual work they've done is made new maps and clone models. Not worth $50.

I'd rather just wait for modders to make a class-based objective-based multiplayer mode for Republic Commando. The physics are so much better.

It's just a crappy $50 expansion pack. It's like the first one was a beta, and now they're releasing the final product. That's basically charging $100 for one complete game - sounds like a rip-off to me.

Makes me think about that Civ III expansion pack, "Conquests". The one-scenario "campaigns" were OK, but that's all it really added. But my major gripe was that Play the World, too, was on the disk, which makes me feel cheated as I already owned PTW and now had to pay for it again.

They haven't fixed ANY of the crap (yet), like the "Pilot" class being a medic/engineer/support class all in one carrying a huge grenade launcher, Dark Troopers in battles before they even existed, etc.

I agree with all my heart regarding the pilot class. And don't get me started on the Dark Troopers: Not only don't they fit in, they've also been nerfed big time from the giants of death they once were to just another infantry class. Sad.

I'm seriously against the whole Jedi idea. Battlefront was supposed to be like a break from the JK series. It was supposed to tell you how it felt like to play as a lesser soldier in an army, not a sabre-swinging Jedi who gets all the attention and credits. Now they allow the players to be a Jedi! That has dropped Battlefront's image in from my mind.

Archived