Home

Battlefront II!

Joetheeskimo

I finally caved in and bought Battlefront.

I played it online and offline.

I'd like to say I was impressed...but I can't.

I went back to playing Call Of Duty online...one of the best MP games I've played, and one that has held my attention for months.

If Battlefront II is just more of the same, I won't buy it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ONLY problem with the first one, was the miserable lag on the XBOX live side, and it's repetition in the SP maps. Other than that, the game DID deliver, and I refuse to sell it off for that reason. There is NOTHING cooler than jumping into an AT-AT, and stomping on something. NOTHING.

the game did have its moments.....i bought it the day it came out. only game that lets me drive an AT-AT. :( the geonosis battle and all the naboo levels are good. I just wish it would've been as smooth as Halo 2. I try to freakin snipe, and it's liek chop chop choppity chop, YOU HAVE BEEN PWNED...kinda lame. I might get it on PC, but i doubt it. been playing way too much Galaxies. :)

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

I just did. They're the same blurry old graphics that turned so many people away from Battlefront I. "Like playing with a woman's stocking over your head", someone called it.

Its not blurry, its just the glowing bloom effect which you see in most games today.

But they should have at least made a video option to turn it on or off

I'm seriously against the whole Jedi idea. Battlefront was supposed to be like a break from the JK series. It was supposed to tell you how it felt like to play as a lesser soldier in an army, not a sabre-swinging Jedi who gets all the attention and credits. Now they allow the players to be a Jedi! That has dropped Battlefront's image in from my mind.

Exactly. It's supposed to show you what it's like to be a low-rank grunt or pilot or tank driver - not a Jedi.

Its not blurry, its just the glowing bloom effect which you see in most games today.

Yes, it's blurry. And I've never seen it in any game besides Battlefront.

The gameplay of Battlefront was severely lacking aswell. I stopped playing because it really seemed like skill was not even an option for playing good. The only thing to do was pull the trigger as FAST AS YOU CAN..

It was one big twitch fest, like playing a fighting game where you don't know any moves so you just mash the buttons like a mofo.

I cannot think of any games I've enjoyed less recently.

i hate battlefront just bcuz i bought it instead of HL2 (yes >.<) and i just played it a week becausei found it uncomplete and online unplayable :mad:

So i dont mind how good is the new one but battlefield 2 will be much better than this game and will have great mods like bf1942 has now.

i hate battlefront just bcuz i bought it instead of HL2

HUH? battlefornt was better than halo 2, halo 2 was a major dissapointment. i don't know why you guys hated that game so much, it delivered very much fun and smiling happiness. but i'm pissed that they brought jedi into it, like come fricken on! that is all, before i get angry and start flaming :p

Originally posted by Curt-Man

HUH? battlefornt was better than halo 2, halo 2 was a major dissapointment. i don't know why you guys hated that game so much, it delivered very much fun and smiling happiness. but i'm pissed that they brought jedi into it, like come fricken on! that is all, before i get angry and start flaming :p

I think he was referring to half-Life 2. Halo 2 usually doesn't have an acronym since it's shorter than Half-Life 2. And no, Halo 2 is far sperior to Battlefront. As someone who think HL2 is not the best game ever, I also think it is better than Battlefront too.

I don't know about this one... I mean I like the first one and the mods that people are puttingout for it are a lot of fun. I am worried about the number of jedi that will be running around. I wish that they would have put in more npc jedi, instead of one or two per level and they don't even fight 99% of the time when they run into each other head on. One thing I do hope they put in is more commands that can be used to order AI teammates. I wdon't know how many times I could have used a "fire on my target" command. I'm intrigued, but really hesitant at the moment.

The first game felt like BF1942 for dummies.

I was dissapointed, but Battlefront 1 was still fun to a certain degree. The gameplay was really lackng, everything was dumbed down, no depth at all.

The news of a second title is even more of a slap in the face. Developers stating that this is the game they originally wanted to make...

And the Jedi...they claim they read the forums...listened to the community, yet the big majority of the community seems against the inclusion of Jedi...

So screw this game...

C'mon. I know the first had a lot of issues, but we would'nt play it that much if we truely hated it that much. And sure the second will be a glorified expansion, but everyone addicted to the first will eventually breakdown and get the 2nd, human nature. And yes, the jedi do suck. But they are saying that it is restricted levels only that you can use them on. so who knows, they may have anticipated how much no one wanted them.

The first one seemed to have a lot of potential, but just to be too dumbed down in most areas.

Some of the things you could do (like ATAT driving) were great, but most just didn't live up to your expectations.

Still, the MAJOR dissapointment to me was the lack of tactical options and ability to command your AI teammates.

If you could have formed up in squads, given useful orders and objectives and coordingated attacks then it could have been pretty fun. Otherwise it just became a big deathmatch with no tactical depth.

The physics for the Ships and speeders was useless as well.

And some of the balancing seemed off, as the Dark Troopers were useless.

AND that annoying bloom effect made it damn hard to pick you targets at a distance!

---

If they are gonna ut in things lika AI jedi then they should make them single use items (a bit like air strikes) that you can "play" at a certain time to try and turn the tide of the battle.

----

So: turn off the bloom, improve the tactical commands, make respawns in "rounds" like RTCW, improve physics, balance the support classes.... THEN, if you have time, worry about things like jedi.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Exactly. They see all this craptastic whining.

And when decisions are based in said whining, you end up with horrible changes, a la JO.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

People still play it? O_o

Judging from everything I've seen (forums and server/player counts, they don't.

The first game felt like BF1942 for dummies.

That's the truth, friend, that's the truth.

"Spawning" was another huge gripe of mine with Battlefront. It seemed to go out of its way to encourage control point camping. Not only were the spawn times fixed to one second, but vehicles were also unable to capture control points, meaning this tank would sit there for ages waiting for infantry support.

Which brings me to my second point: Why were there so few options? Why couldn't I set ticket count, "spawn" time, number of players/bots, TK mode, and so on?

I avoid it like the plague. Whenever I happen to visit it, it's for technical help but even then, I have to go through 10000000 pages of whining.

Sadly, whining works. It worked for the Jedi wannabes playing Galaxies and it worked for the Jedi wannabes playing SWBF 2:(.

Archived