Home

Puzzle... *SPOILER*

SirDeity

I'm on Nar Shaddaa. Some weird mini-storyline is unraveling. I got switched to the droid character and I'm at a panel where there's some kind of puzzle requiring me to change a code to match the bottom code. I've checked this walkthrough for help but I couldn't find the instructions that I need. I lack the patience to solve it myself... Can someone please tell me the correct steps to solving the puzzle? Thanks.

Actually, I quickly skimmed the entire walkthrough (partially to make sure I didn't miss anything). I simply overlooked that part. I only threw that particular URL in there because it belonged to the same walkthrough. And since I didn't know where the answer to my question was, it didn't seem to matter which part of the walkthrough I linked to. I suppose you've never overlooked something before?

There are a lot of immature jerks on this forum. Fortunately, Derc isn't one of them. Btw, don't the moderators do anything about spam (AKA PisOgPapir)?

Yeah, if you report it or if they happen across it. They also don't take kindly to flamers either, so play nice.

I'm sorry that you had so much difficulty posting a coherent message the first time. Hope you have better luck in the future.

Originally posted by Achilles

I'm sorry that you had so much difficulty posting a coherent message the first time. Hope you have better luck in the future.

My original post was incoherent? Perhaps you should grab a dictionary and learn the word before using it. My first post was obviously adequately coherent, because Derc was not only able to understand it perfectly, but was also able to respond flawlessly. In fact, it was you who thought it was necessary to elevate yourself by linking us all to the correct page from the walkthrough that I originally provided a link to. The subject was dropped and everyone was happy until you came along and made an unnecessary and unfounded attempt to correct me.

Linking to a page that had nothing to do with the planet that you were on did nothing to add to the coherency of your message. Yes Derc was kind enough to spoon feed you the correct answer, however I wanted to be sure that you didn't give up trying to find your own answers in the future. Based on your track record thus far, it seems that I may need to take pity on you and write a "How to use a walkthrough" tutorial.

Maybe taking a little more time to do your own dirty work in the future will help to avoid uncomfortable situations such as this one.

BTW, I'm sure the moderators appreciate you taking the time to edit out your earlier insult. Saves them from having to do it for you.

The point was that it didn't matter where I linked it to, so long as it was part of the same walkthrough. You continue to make an issue out of it. It's really quite pathetic (as is our still continuing this discussion). It doesn't matter where I linked because I didn't know where the answer belonged. I checked the more obvious categories, but as I confessed earlier, overlooked the solution.

Besides, the page I linked to was for the Royal Palace, which was a place I hadn't yet visited at the time of my posting. Furthermore, it was listed under the "Loose Ends" category of the walkthrough, which, based on the information I had at the time, could have included the "correct planet" and the answer I was seeking (which was my motive for loading the page in the first place).

The smart alec synonym that I used, which you refer to as being an insult, was merely an accurate observation intended (at the time of its posting) towards PisOgPapir. It was unnecessary to reply as he did and the word I used fit perfectly as a description for his behavior. I only edited it out because the word did contain three letters that most moderated forums choose to filter out. I don't consider it a swear, but I thought I'd do the right thing and lay off the descriptive name calling - however justified it may have been.

You've only recently (via your last post) joined him in this very unfortunate behavior. There was no "spoon feeding" involved. It was a simple question that deserved and got a simple answer. If you view such as "spoon feeding" and insist on dissecting people's wording and analying their reasons for posting, then perhaps you might be happier doing something other than responding to people via forums? I sense you don't do it because you truly want to help, but because you're trying to fill a void in your own life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so easily impatient and so eager to challenge other's motives.

Tell me something: If you felt I didn't deserve a simple response because you thought I didn't put enough effort into finding the solution to my problem, then why did you respond at all? Did anyone stand to benefit from it other than yourself? Are you really so bold and conceited as to think that you can change my ways by attempting to put me in an "uncomfortable" situation?

This really isn't uncomfortable for me. I find it interesting and I accept your challenge to defend my position. I think a good argument is healthy because it makes people examine themselves. This isn't really the place for such a thing, but for as long as you continue to feed the quandary, I'll continue to respond with some feeding of my own (unless the option is taken from me). (To clarify, if you wish to drop the subject then either delete the thread or don't respond to this post.) I still feel my choice to post here was the best and I would have done it all over again had I known what would lie ahead. Perhaps it is you who stands to learn something from this? Your thousands of posts hold no sway over me. If you have moderator privileges, you can ban me from the forums, but it won't mean you were right by anything.

If you aren't a moderator then, were the situation reversed, I imagine you would ask the following questions: Why do you have so many posts? Don't you have something better to do with your time? This observation only reinforces my earlier suspicion that your motives for responding so many times might not be as selfless as you'd like people to think. If you truly aren't trying to help others, then one might argue that you do it because you seek respect and recognition here, because you can't get it elsewhere. One might, but not I. I'd prefer to remain on topic defend my position and have you recognize the fact that your choice to dissect and analyze me was wrong and unnecessary. Don't continue to make fruitless attempts at analyzing me or my motives or you'll get a taste of your own medicine and you won't like the flavor.

As for my previous post titled "A series of unfinished quests," I confess that a small part of my motivation for posting it was laziness. But, it is a game afterall. I'm allowed to be a little lazy when it comes to such leisurely activities. The other part was simply that I prefer interacting with other people and I anticipated that I would have more questions following the generic explanations that I would find on a walkthrough. I foresaw that it would be easier to just start from the beginning and ask the basic questions here instead of having to come here and try to explain what little progress I've made eslewhere. I am, however, thankful that you were able to respond with a helpful post (on that thread).

*tosses the ball to the adjacent court*

Archived