Home

does life exist on other planets

RevanA4

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

I know very well what are the basic requierments to create life stinghers, and I am not that stupid to not know it.:mad:

i never stated that your were 'stupid'. i simply stated that the size of a star is not the most important gage on whether or not life can exist on its satellites. and i also offered to provide several sources in the form of scientific documentation to back up my statement.

and tell me, what exactly are the basic requirements to create life??? thus far, that concept has eluded modern science entirely with the exception of several preposterous theories. :dozey:

now if you meant something else, then my apolgies. just be careful with your vocabulary next time. ;)

Of course you didn't state that I was stupid. I did!:D [Reaction: :eyeraise: ]. And I didn't insult anyone! I swear!

Anyway the basics of forming life are:

Atmosphere (formed from gases ejected by volcano eruptions)

Stable gases (I don't know how are they called in english, but they are Neon, Axon, Xenon, etc. )

Water (nothing without it)

Sunlight (for photosyntesis)

Planets Gravity (to hold the gases)

Maybe there are more, and I am sorry if I don't know more.

Thats not my point. You say: life yes, animal no. That seems a strange comment to pull from nowhere. This is all speculation from both those who believe in extra-terrestrial life and those who don't, but its at least based on some kind of reasoning. I was just wondering what kind of reasoning would draw the conclusion that there is most likely (or at least leads you to the belief of) life, but most likely not animal (or at least intelligent, as you seemed to change your mind) life.

you know, i've been giving this subject a thought or two throughout the day (which is quite odd given that finals are coming up on Friday). at any rate, i've been thinking about a couple of ideas based on God. and before all you atheists start making a big hissy-fit, this is nothing more than conjecture on my part. i just thought it'd be kinda neat to understand exactly what God can do. just try to view this as a form of 'entertainment'. ;)

first and foremost, the concept of the Christain God is based on a being that is all-powerful and does not conform to the concept of time. since God is not bound to time, i find it quite interesting that there could not only be other forms of life created by God for his own amusement, but there could also be entire alternate dimensions that exist.

heck, as far as we know, God could have created the entire Star Wars universe in an alternate reality of some kind. as unlikely as it sounds, it is possible if you assume the Christain teachings to be correct. since God is an all-powerful being, the possiblities are literally endless. that and your not limited to the scope of science, or even human understanding for that matter.

anyways, thats just a bit of my own thought processes for the day. and quite frankly, don't bother debating it with me: its just conjecture on my part, nothing more. i just like entertaining strange possibilities. :D

for those who think that life exists but have seen no proof there is life out there it might not even be carbon based as we and jupiter has many of the gasses present when the earth was just getting formed and just cuz we are alone in our solar system doesn't mean that life outside of our solar system doesn't exist and eventually we will be able to travel outside of our solar system when a sucessful zero gravity purpulsion unit is made which is in the works by the way so don't be suprised to find out that we are able to do so in our life time

Originally posted by stingerhs

you know, i've been giving this subject a thought or two throughout the day (which is quite odd given that finals are coming up on Friday). at any rate, i've been thinking about a couple of ideas based on God. and before all you atheists start making a big hissy-fit, this is nothing more than conjecture on my part. i just thought it'd be kinda neat to understand exactly what God can do. just try to view this as a form of 'entertainment'. ;)

first and foremost, the concept of the Christain God is based on a being that is all-powerful and does not conform to the concept of time. since God is not bound to time, i find it quite interesting that there could not only be other forms of life created by God for his own amusement, but there could also be entire alternate dimensions that exist.

heck, as far as we know, God could have created the entire Star Wars universe in an alternate reality of some kind. as unlikely as it sounds, it is possible if you assume the Christain teachings to be correct. since God is an all-powerful being, the possiblities are literally endless. that and your not limited to the scope of science, or even human understanding for that matter.

anyways, thats just a bit of my own thought processes for the day. and quite frankly, don't bother debating it with me: its just conjecture on my part, nothing more. i just like entertaining strange possibilities. :D

I'm an athiest (don't worry I'm not gonna have a hissy-fit) and if a God did he put us here to invent baseball. How do I know? The Torah starts with "In the Beg inning" (aka the Big Inning). Now who votes we live in peace until the CHOC-OPOLYSPE (the end of the World, aka the Reign of Fudge). And if you argue with the Torah tidbit, it was told to me by a Rabi.

Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

Thich is good.

Indeed. Thich is good!

And a lil' warning message: don't drag this ET Thread into the dark realms of Religion Debate threads. Trust me, members have been banned. I've heard tales of a ghost member, too.

Soo... if Earth has certain stuff required for life, then there must definitely be that sort of stuff somewhere in the galaxy. Infact, I know quite a few aliens on the forum itself!

Originally posted by Sabretooth

And a lil' warning message: don't drag this ET Thread into the dark realms of Religion Debate threads. Trust me, members have been banned.

'Cause you all know us mods are just waiting to pick you guys off one by one.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

And a lil' warning message: don't drag this ET Thread into the dark realms of Religion Debate threads. Trust me, members have been banned. I've heard tales of a ghost member, too.

thank you I made this thread for an intellegent debate not a religious one

but any way

Soo... if Earth has certain stuff required for life, then there must definitely be that sort of stuff somewhere in the galaxy. Infact, I know quite a few aliens on the forum itself!

thank you but not all life forms my depend on the stuff earth has cuz it is a vast universe out there and the possiblilities are limitless

Originally posted by Prime

'Cause you all know us mods are just waiting to pick you guys off one by one.

I KNEW IT!!! (falls down drugged and is dragged away from computer). Okay sorry for the little religion thing. And we all know that hydrogen is the most common thingy (element i think) in the universe, and hydrogen is part of water, which is needed for life...

i dont know if there is a life on other planets, but there is no evidence that denies the existance of this life....anyway scince says that if there are certain basic things on some inviroment(those who Vladimir mentioned before) there is no reason to say that life does not exist on this inviroment, and religion tell us that God is all powerful, he can create thousand lifes in other planets...the Holy Qoran said: (for god has created heavens and earth, thus he can create another for he is the knowledgeful creator)....

Archived