Home

Dragostea Din Tei on the radio!

Vikinor

Originally posted by ET Warrior

1) I have no idea what you're talking about.

2) Why WOULDN'T they play it in the US? We dont ONLY listen to American bands here :dozey:

Reopened by request.

Who requested?

And why DO we play music that we can't understand?

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Who requested?

And why DO we play music that we can't understand?

I dunno, ask the people who listen to Nirvana and Snoop Dog!

(Oooh, BURN! Wait a second, I like Nirvana...crap...)

But seriously, you said you were jamming to the music in your room right? Other Americans also listen to music to dance, not to actually listen to...if you understand what I mean.

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Who requested?

Me

You actually like that song? Even if you have no idea what they're saying? O...k...

I listen to a lot of foreign music. Like Yugoslavian, German, Greek and French. (Only French rap, as suggested by a friend. I'm not French ;)) I can totally understand the Yugoslavian, and I can understand about half of the German music, and I can't understand any French music, and I can't understand any Greek music either.

Music is music, no matter what language it's in. It can be good. It can be bad. Doesn't matter what language it's in!

I'm like Acrylic. I like foreign music. I listen to Swedish music, German, obviously Romanian, Japanese and others. I don't really understand any of it(except for some of the Swedish) but it's got some crazy beats you won't find here in the U.S.

I was just surprised to hear it on the radio on a top hits station.

And I halfway agree with you jebbers. I like the beats. I just don't like a song with a beat that has the word **** for every lyric.

Myself, I like lyrics. It's easier to understand the flow of the song when you can follow the words. Plus, they do add something to the song which musical instruments just can't. Imagine Led Zeppelin's Achilles Last Stand, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, or Beatle's I Am the Walrus without lyrics; they'd be worse off.

SKA music is entirely different though, I just listen to the beats on those. :p

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

What makes you think people who don't listen to boyband dance pop automatically listens to rap?

Who is that directed at? I do not like rap. I can't understand it. And there are some rock songs that do say **** a lot.

I can actually sing the Dragostea Din Tei songs lyrics for you people.

Originally posted by Tyrion

SKA music is entirely different though, I just listen to the beats on those. :p

And classical too. No lyrics, only music and yet it's amazing sometimes.

Originally posted by

VikingLarz

Who is that directed at? I do not like rap. I can't understand it. And there are some rock songs that do say **** a lot.

I can actually sing the Dragostea Din Tei songs lyrics for you people.

Wait, so you don't understand rap, yet you do understand romanian...

More heavy metal bands then rock bands use the f word, if that's what **** means.

Originally posted by

Rogue15

rammstein is my favorite.

Rammstein is just awesome.

And if you're wondering, although my german isn't perfect, it's good enough to be able to understand the lyrics.

BTW, I thought humanity evolved beyond the BackStreet Boys or N'Sync and realized dance/pop boybands are awful. Damn 90's...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Wait, so you don't understand rap, yet you do understand romanian...

I dont think he means he can understand it, it just means that he read hte lyrics and is able to pronounce the words. ;)

Or, he could be Romanian, or took a course on learning Romanian.

Who knows. Until he answers, that is. :D

Archived